Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Hip | Tailbone

Length
    Buzz/Hip/Thigh
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Default Re: Hip to TBL

Quote Originally Posted by Groovy Granny View Post
    Stopping by to say hello .....and declaring TBL as my new/final goal.

I am waist+ now after a cut of my last fringe layer (from hip) a few weeks ago, and should reach hip again by the end of June (my landmarks are very close with my short torso).

http://s40.photobucket.com/user/gric...tml?sort=3&o=0

*My profile pic is a more accurate color

Happy growing
    Ooo! I'm excited to see your hair at TBL!

Length
    Buzz/Hip/Thigh
    Type
    1a/F/ii

TBL has been my goal length for a few years now, but now that i am almost there (just an inch away, woo-hoo!), I now want to grow to classic and possibly mid thigh, definitely classic though. It feels like it's taking f o r e v e r to reach TBL! Grr...

Quote Originally Posted by Ellethwyn View Post
    Ooo! I'm excited to see your hair at TBL!
    Thank you

I'm excited too lol...it will be next year sometime I bet

Quote Originally Posted by Ellethwyn View Post
    TBL has been my goal length for a few years now, but now that i am almost there (just an inch away, woo-hoo!), I now want to grow to classic and possibly mid thigh, definitely classic though. It feels like it's taking f o r e v e r to reach TBL! Grr...
    Wow...just an inch away; grow girl...grow

Sorry for the weird angle and dark lighting, but I am having a hard time taking pics on a short timer: I washed it this morning. I'm chunky and shaped weird, so it's hard to tell, but I think I'm at waist curly. I stretched it in a discarded pic and I don't think I'm quite hip yet.

I'll brush it out later and come back and edit this post to put a pic in.

Update:

OK, it's really, really frizzy. I took it out of the L-infinity and brushed it with my BBB/nylon hybrid brush to get it to behave. It's still not behaving. But you can see my somewhat thin ends. That gets worse the further I get from a wash (I washed yesterday morning). For reference, here is a pic from about a year ago where I had a more solid hemline:
    Last edited by spirals; April 4th, 2016 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spirals View Post
    Sorry for the weird angle and dark lighting, but I am having a hard time taking pics on a short timer: I washed it this morning. I'm chunky and shaped weird, so it's hard to tell, but I think I'm at waist curly. I stretched it in a discarded pic and I don't think I'm quite hip yet.

I'll brush it out later and come back and edit this post to put a pic in.
    Very pretty

Thank you. Do you think the fairytales warrant a trim? Or should I just live with them? I don't know how much it matters, as summer is coming and I'll probably braid or bun it a lot. I just want it long enough to cover my back fat.

Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Thank you. Do you think the fairytales warrant a trim? Or should I just live with them? I don't know how much it matters, as summer is coming and I'll probably braid or bun it a lot. I just want it long enough to cover my back fat.
    I love those fairytales
    Neck / SL / APL / BSL / WL+ / HL / BCL / TBL!
    Dye-free since Dec 2018.
    2021 plan: grow & trim - get rid of layers & reach hip-BCL.

They look beautiful

ROFLOL....I wanted more length for the same reason; no help in hot weather with buns though
    And now I am losing weight, so I just get to enjoy long hair (well ....and health)

Length
    Pixie/Class/Dunno
    Type
    1c/M/C/iii

I'm slowly progressing closer to TBL. I've passed Hip a long time ago but since I'm micro-trimming every month it's taking longer to get to TBL. Plus the damaged ends keep on breaking off! Yikes!

Length
    22"/40"/60"
    Type
    3b/3c/F/ii

I think I belong here! My hair is really curly so it looks like it's BSL, but stretched out I'm at hip. I'd say my ultimate hair goal is for it to be at about TBL unstretched, which with my hair type and height would be knee length stretched. I have no idea what my terminal length is, but I can dream!

I have a bit of an advantage being short. Hip and TBL are only 4 inches difference, and I typically gain 5 or more inches in a year.