View Poll Results: How long has it been since you got your hair cut at a salon or hairdresser's.

Voters
1200. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 - 3 months

142 11.83%
  • 3 - 6 months

115 9.58%
  • 6 months - 1 year

157 13.08%
  • 1 year - two years

203 16.92%
  • two years - three years

148 12.33%
  • three years +

376 31.33%
  • I never have

48 4.00%
  • Other

11 0.92%
Page 49 of 61 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Thread: How long since you went to the salon/hairdresser?

Length
    SL/WL/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii

Default Re: How long since you went to the salon/hairdresser?

After many, many years of different salons and hair dressers I can remember only one that I'd still go back to. She ran the salon and it was her self owned small business and was very kind hearted. She had a great eye for color, mindful of not completely destroying hair health, and wouldn't cut off more than I asked for. I hit the holy trinity of a hair dresser, however I'm no longer living in that state . I haven't been there since 2017 and I've had so many bad experiences with salons that I'm not inclined to try another. I know how to cut and dye my own hair so I'll just do it myself thank you very much!

Length
    Hip/BCL/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

My last hairdresser visit was the 30th of April so exactly two months ago today. I had an Olaplex treatment and a scalp exfoliation treatment.
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Instagram | Last.fm | Folk band | Acoustic metal duo | My links

I go about every two months for color but I never allow them to cut. I’ve had a couple of gals get kinda insistent about it because I was going to the beauty college at that point but they always listened...mainly because the owner was close by and was just as possessive of my hair as I am!

Length
    pixi/SL/tail
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Kalamazoo View Post
    It was in 1995. This is 2019. 24 years.
    I have had so many cuts in between that time that have been disastrous. I remember in 1995 (and around that time up until about 199 my hair was heat free, long and absolutely at it's best. Then in about 1999 my 'friend' said my hair was not nice and got out an iron. I was such a quiet girl and should have said no. I loved my hair. She ironed my hair to straighten it and burnt my neck and my hair was burnt flat. It was not the same after that and to maintain my new look, I continued going to the hairdresser to get my hair cut and I straightened it all the time due to peer pressure.

Length
    pixi/SL/tail
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by pixitolong View Post
    I have had so many cuts in between that time that have been disastrous. I remember in 1995 (and around that time up until about 199 my hair was heat free, long and absolutely at it's best. Then in about 1999 my 'friend' said my hair was not nice and got out an iron. I was such a quiet girl and should have said no. I loved my hair. She ironed my hair to straighten it and burnt my neck and my hair was burnt flat. It was not the same after that and to maintain my new look, I continued going to the hairdresser to get my hair cut and I straightened it all the time due to peer pressure.
    I have to add, she got out an actual clothes iron.

Forever!! Yes its been forever, I have never been, from the time cut my hair as a naughty little girl to last month when my mother did a trim for me I have never needed to go.

Length
    chin/waist/Class
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

I've not been to a hairdressers since I was 17. I asked for a dusting and she took 4 inches off, I asked her was my hair that damaged, she said no that's what she thought I wanted. I'm 37 now I get my partner to cut, trim and dust my hair, he does a brilliant job, he still gets paid in video games that I also play so it's win win lol

Length
    BSL/HL/TBL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

October 2019 for me. Being in lockdown contributed to that decision but it came with no regrets - rather stay safe and keep my length while I'm at it :P

Length
    Pixie/Chin/WL?
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Right at the end of February - shortly after that, things shut down due to the pandemic and I didn't get another chance. Hairdressers are open again, but now I'm in the no-trim challenge, and even if I wasn't I probably wouldn't go.

Length
    HL/TBL/KL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Just realized the last time was in July 2018.