Page 472 of 472 FirstFirst ... 372422462470471472
Results 4,711 to 4,714 of 4714

Thread: Kinky 4s' thread

Length
    MBL/MBL/KNEE

Default Re: Kinky 4s' thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hairy-Fairy View Post
    Oil doesn't usually cause matting for me but, oh my goodness, lint tangles are the worst! I think this is just hair left to wrap around itself for too long, though?
    When I used storebought shampoos in the past, they always seemed to make my hair more tangled and....like it would stick together tighter, if that makes any sense. My hair would feel rough and velcro-ey even if I rinsed it right away or watered it down. I don't know if I was just using the wrong shampoos or if I needed to use more or if I was doing something wrong? If you have any input on that, I would be happy to hear it because my daughter's hair does the same thing.
    Now, if I need a stronger clean, I use clay. It has been awhile since I've done that though. (My child dumped out an almost full bag and I've been procrastinating spending another 20 dollars....)
    It's very common for tightly curly hair to mat up during the shampooing stage - my hair can become VERY stripped and velcro-y if I over clarify. I find throughly detangling (wet or dry) before the shampoo stage usually helps, plus I always keep the hair flowing in one direction. I've been shampooing loose lately, focusing mainly on the scalp, and haven't had issues but I always follow up immediately with conditioner or a masque and try not to manipulate my hair too much until it's thoroughly coated in conditioner.

Design essentials has a very nice moisturising shampoo that should work to cleanse your hair without stripping it too much and causing that sticky feeling.
    MBL~WL~HL~TBL~ FTL~ KNEE

Length
    BSL/CL/KL
    Type
    4b/4c/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by ETJ CURLS View Post
    It's very common for tightly curly hair to mat up during the shampooing stage - my hair can become VERY stripped and velcro-y if I over clarify. I find throughly detangling (wet or dry) before the shampoo stage usually helps, plus I always keep the hair flowing in one direction. I've been shampooing loose lately, focusing mainly on the scalp, and haven't had issues but I always follow up immediately with conditioner or a masque and try not to manipulate my hair too much until it's thoroughly coated in conditioner.

Design essentials has a very nice moisturising shampoo that should work to cleanse your hair without stripping it too much and causing that sticky feeling.
    Thanks for the tips, ETJ Curls. I might try to find this shampoo for my toddler. I don't want to try clay on her hair like I do on my own because she wouldn't sit still and clay in the eyes would do some damage.
    TBL>CL>MTL>KL
    Onward, Downward, and Outward to Body Swallowing Lengths!!

Length
    2"/TBL/???
    Type
    4c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Hairy-Fairy View Post
    Oil doesn't usually cause matting for me but, oh my goodness, lint tangles are the worst! I think this is just hair left to wrap around itself for too long, though?
    When I used storebought shampoos in the past, they always seemed to make my hair more tangled and....like it would stick together tighter, if that makes any sense. My hair would feel rough and velcro-ey even if I rinsed it right away or watered it down. I don't know if I was just using the wrong shampoos or if I needed to use more or if I was doing something wrong? If you have any input on that, I would be happy to hear it because my daughter's hair does the same thing.
    Now, if I need a stronger clean, I use clay. It has been awhile since I've done that though. (My child dumped out an almost full bag and I've been procrastinating spending another 20 dollars....)
    Hey again! It's possible that you're not doing anything wrong, since everyone's hair is different. For example you said you have 4b/4c hair, and that your hair is a mixture of textures. So maybe that might cause a little more tangling. But again I don't know for sure. My hair is just 4C and it doesn't "curl" (unless I make it curl). So when I shampoo it, the strands actually start to separate more and cling to each other less.

But if you still want to try the shampoo I use, it's Tresemme Rich Moisture.
    And of course, ETJ Curls, who appears to have beautiful 3C/4A curly hair, will probably have the better advice for your hair type (never mind we both share"4C"). I hope something works out for you very soon!
    Started: 13/11/2014.Elapsed
    MBL :: WAIST :: abyss :: hip:: TBL :: class
    Lady Sarah of the Invisible Warlands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    BSL/CL/KL
    Type
    4b/4c/M/C/iii

You have a point, luxurioushair, about us having different hair types. Thanks, I have high hopes. Once I finish detangling, I plan on doing a clay wash. I went ahead and bought more. Then I'll do a deep treatment then I'll go back to keeping it stretched.
    TBL>CL>MTL>KL
    Onward, Downward, and Outward to Body Swallowing Lengths!!