Page 47 of 49 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 LastLast

Thread: How do you feel when people touch your hair?

Default Re: How do you feel when people touch your hair?

I hate it when anybody touches it because I feel panicked thinking what if their hands are dirty.

Account Closed by Member Request
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

It depends who they are and their energy/vibes.

If they did not ask and came and touched it....I would dislike it ,but no one has ever done that to me.
    Last edited by Gia11; June 15th, 2022 at 12:07 PM.

Type
    1a/F/ii

Depends on the state of my hair. When it's on the oily side, I'm anxious. When it's freshly washed, I don't mind letting friends touch my hair but wouldn't want people I don't know well to touch it.

Length
    BSL/Hip/Class
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

I had a young guy doing this in a very sexual way, nice hair, he commented.
    I have him the death stare and he immediately apologized.
    When my Bf touches my hair, I love it. Except when he rubs my back with my hair under his hands. I can feel my hair breaking ��
    BSL - WL - Hip - Classic (dec25)
    Last trim: 31 jan 23 h Tailbone september 23 (unstretched decmbr)- low porosity hair

Length
    APL/FTL/TERM
    Type
    1b/M/C/ii/iii

If they ask politely first, I might consider to give them a go-ahead. But don’t ever touch my hair or any part of my body without my consent.
    We are generally not a touchy-feely family, heck, I rarely touch my parents at all and we live together as a close-knit family. In my memory I only hugged my mom once. Asian parents love their kids in the only language they know: FOOD.
    Last edited by tuanyiji; October 1st, 2022 at 12:33 AM.
    107cm 1b/C/10.2cm Fingercomb/Bun/Water-only No-Trim/Elastic/Heat
    [Youtube][Instagram][Fun with Flowers][Shed Hair Hand-tie Project][ABC Hairstyle Challenge]

Length
    Waist/BCL/FT
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by tuanyiji View Post
    If they ask politely first, I might consider to give them a go-ahead. But don’t ever touch my hair or any part of my body without my consent.
    We are generally not a touchy-feely family, heck, I rarely touch my parents at all and we live together as a close-knit family. In my memory I only hugged my mom once. Asian parents love their kids in the only language they know: FOOD.
    Haha. This is so true! My father is from the middle east. When I go to visit I am fed till I can't fill my stomach any more, but hugs and "I love you"? Not so much. Nothing says "I love you" like food.

In reply to this poll: It completely depends on who touches my hair! Of course my husband can touch my hair, or my children, not that they do a lot. And I often get worried that my children will rip my hair when they touch it. Female friends I wouldn't directly mind either, if it was just brief. I don't want people cuddling with my hair or with me at all, unless it's my own husband or children. I just feels unnatural to me, but I know a lot of people are a lot more "touchy feely" than me.

Southwest/New England/Deep South/Appalachia
    Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by SeppV View Post
    Haha. This is so true! My father is from the middle east. When I go to visit I am fed till I can't fill my stomach any more, but hugs and "I love you"? Not so much. Nothing says "I love you" like food.
    Where is your dad from, if I can ask, Sepp? Just curious because my family is Egyptian and there are not a lot of other people with Middle Eastern/North African background on the site.

(FWIW, in my family, it's lots of food and no "I love you," but lots of hugging/cuddling also. We have no concept of personal space, LOL, which for Egyptians is very typical in my experience.)

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    Bra/Thigh/Knee
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

How do I feel when someone touches my hair? Depends who it is. A close friend or family member is fine but I don’t like if it’s a stranger who does it and they don’t ask first. I myself wouldn’t touch someone’s hair or anything else that belonged to them, unless I asked. It’s just the polite thing to do. I respect people’s boundaries, for sure.

Just two days ago, a woman in a hardware store touched my hair after saying “gorgeous hair” to me. I had it down and while the compliment was nice, I thought it was kind of invasive when she took a handful of hair and lifted it up. Of course what can you say?…”take your damn hands off my hair”? I suppose I could’ve said that and would have if she were a guy but she seemed harmless enough so I let it go….likely because I was in a really good mood.

Length
    APL/WL/TBD
    Type
    2c/M/ii

I had one of my co-workers touch my hair about a week after my big chop when she was asking "How long has your hair been like this, when did you cut it?" *TOUCH* and I just about flipped inside out over it when I recoiled, but kept my composure and played it off. I HATE when people touch me, let alone my hair

Like I get it, it was innocent... but can we please not invade people's personal space? Did we not learn this during the pandemic?

Your mind is a garden, your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers, or you can grow weeds.
    Lady Scarlette, Traveler of the Road to Dawn in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Chin/CLSC/FTL
    Type
    2b/F/iii

In general I tend to have a pretty big bubble around me and dislike when people invade it. However the last two strangers that did so both petted my hair and cooed over how they liked it. The compliment outweighed any awkwardness!
    Lady Ravenlocks, Keeper of the Secret Library in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Daily wash and go, monthly henndigo, annual trimmer