Page 4467 of 4469 FirstFirst ... 3467396743674417445744654466446744684469 LastLast
Results 44,661 to 44,670 of 44681

Thread: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

Length
    HL/BCL/IDK
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Default Re: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkinsage View Post
    still thinking about the time I went to a hair stylist in May and she knew my hair was delicate because 1. it's curly 2. it was bleached and dyed purple and blue. she RIPPED her brush straight through my hair and it hurt and she was ripping out chunks of my hair. she had the nerve to be like "oh you know you're losing an unusual amount of hair, did you know that?" yeah because you're ripping it out!! I'm never going to THAT hair stylist again. I just needed a little shaping to start growing out evenly, but I think I'm good to not go to a stylist for several years luckily. She also only put bonding oil in my hair and I walked out of there a smelly frizzy mess.
    I'm sorry this happened to you! It's hard to find a stylist who know how to gently treat hair. This is the main reason why I didn't go to the hairdresser for years.

Length
    CBL/WL/FTL
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

I need to cut my hair but then it should probably be fully straight… I think? I feel like I will forget it and keep braiding my hair post-wash and then miss the challenge window lol.

Length
    APL/MT/TERM
    Type
    1b/M/C/ii/iii

Long time no see everyone.
    My longest racer will reach my knee by the end of the year, it’s about 10cm from my knee pit, I will start maintaining at knee by microtrimming it every month/season, I need the hemline to be semi-decent before I go on for my calf or ankle.
    Midthigh 1b/C/10.2cm Fingercomb/Bun/Water-only No-Trim/Elastic/Heat
    [Youtube][Instagram][Fun with Flowers][Shed Hair Hand-tie Project][ABC Hairstyle Challenge]

Length
    MBL/MBL/KNEE

Quote Originally Posted by tuanyiji View Post
    My longest racer will reach my knee by the end of the year, it’s about 10cm from my knee pit, I will start maintaining at knee by microtrimming it every month/season, I need the hemline to be semi-decent before I go on for my calf or ankle.
    Exciting news! Good to see you again, hope you're doing okay now.
    MBL~WL~HL~TBL~ FTL~ KNEE

Length
    2"/TBL/???
    Type
    4c/F/iii

I plan to trim my hair again this coming week. Last time I'd trimmed 1-2 inches all around. This might turn into a "maintain at TBL" thing for the rest of the year. We'll see
    Started: 13/11/2014.Elapsed
    MBL :: WAIST :: abyss :: hip:: TBL :: class
    Lady Sarah of the Invisible Warlands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Southwest/New England/Deep South/Appalachia
    Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Good to see you back on the site, Tuanyiji!

Length
    Pixie/BCL/Class
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I asked my partner if he could snag a cute picture of my hair while I was frolicking in the sun at a party yesterday, but it turns out I slightly over-oiled my ends making them clump together and look ratty. Instantly bunned the hair back up after seeing a photo
    Oh sing me a song of the sea,
    Selkie, siren, sisters thee.

Length
    20 SL/33 HL/45 CL
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii

Glad to see you, tuanyiji!

Length
    BSL/floor/floor
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by foreveryours View Post
    Attagirl!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Braided Lady View Post
    I've had velcro ends for a little while too. Some days it makes it kind of miserable, remembering the fun and loveliness, and not knowing how soon the good hair days will be back around. Hold on to your buns! Your hair is beautiful, long or shorter, and I love seeing you on here, and hate that your feeling discouraged right now
    Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    You are maintaining right? So soon those Velcro ends will be gradually snipped away
    Quote Originally Posted by SandyBottom View Post
    Would it help to wash just the ends to clarify and get a fresh start, and then use some kind of conditioning treatment? That way you wouldn't be subject to the whole washing process of a full wash. I hope it gets sorted out soon.
    Thanks guys, I really appreciate it.
    It's equal parts the difficulty managing it (physically, and the mental strain), my forever scalp issues exacerbated by wearing it up constantly, and not liking how I look lately. I do love my hair when it's clean and wearing it down for special occasions, but it's not very often. So I feel I'm becoming more unhappy than not. And wondering if I'm in a sunk-cost fallacy or just struggling and it'll pass.
    I'm just going to hope for the latter and get through the discomfort, and not consider anything until next year. January is my 10-year anniversary on LHC and I want to reach it at what was always my dream length. Can reconsider things again after that.

Length
    BSL/floor/floor
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by tuanyiji View Post
    Welcome back, tuanyiji Can't believe you're closing in on knee! That's wonderful.