Page 4456 of 4463 FirstFirst ... 3456395643564406444644544455445644574458 ... LastLast
Results 44,551 to 44,560 of 44628

Thread: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

Length
    HL/BCL/IDK
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Default Re: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

When I cut my hair back to hip an year ago, it felt very short to me. I enjoied it tho.

This is super-weird, but... when traveling and taking bedbug precautions (not putting luggage near the bed, checking mattress and bed for bugs upon check-in, etc.)... do you worry about your hair? I have no idea if bedbugs might crawl into hair? It seems paranoid but there are so many bedbug horror stories out there that I take as many precautions as I can when traveling... never sure if I should wash my hair as soon as I get home... (Less of a concern for most people who wash their hair daily, but for many of us who only wash once a week or once every two weeks or for some even less...)
    Putting it in my signature because I have to say it so often:
    Do what works for your hair, not what other people say is "right" or "wrong." If it works for you, it's not wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it's not right.

Length
    MBL/MBL/KNEE

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    This is super-weird, but... when traveling and taking bedbug precautions (not putting luggage near the bed, checking mattress and bed for bugs upon check-in, etc.)... do you worry about your hair? I have no idea if bedbugs might crawl into hair? It seems paranoid but there are so many bedbug horror stories out there that I take as many precautions as I can when traveling... never sure if I should wash my hair as soon as I get home... (Less of a concern for most people who wash their hair daily, but for many of us who only wash once a week or once every two weeks or for some even less...)
    I honestly never thought about it, but I always bring along a bonnet when traveling, so that probably helps.
    MBL~WL~HL~TBL~ FTL~ KNEE

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

I doubt that hair attracts bed bugs. I just wear my sleep cap and blindfold as usual, when sleeping away from home.
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Length
    Buzz/Buzz/term
    Type
    1c/2a/C/ii/iii

I wonder how long I can resist cutting my hair I'm inspired to try for floor/Terminal again even though it leads to disappointment in myself when I give up weeks later
    I should try to remind myself if I hadn't kept cutting it 4 years ago I would be atleast closing on hip by now. Let's see if it keeps me motivated but I'm not convinced

Length
    chin/SL/?
    Type
    2c/M/ii

I hate shoulder length. Too long to wear down because it's always in my face and too short to do anything fun with.
    Maybe growing again after years of chin length.

Length
    chin/BSL/Floor
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii/iii

The fairies are knotting individual strands together again. Any recommendations for offerings to keep them at bay?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahlabyrinth View Post
    I doubt that hair attracts bed bugs. I just wear my sleep cap and blindfold as usual, when sleeping away from home.
    I don't imagine it *attracts* them, but neither does anything they tend to infest. From what I gather, it's more that they're opportunists and just get into things they can get into.
    Putting it in my signature because I have to say it so often:
    Do what works for your hair, not what other people say is "right" or "wrong." If it works for you, it's not wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it's not right.

Type
    1c/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    I don't imagine it *attracts* them, but neither does anything they tend to infest. From what I gather, it's more that they're opportunists and just get into things they can get into.
    I believe bed bugs like dark and quiet places, to hide during the day. It can be imagined that they technically could hide in (thick) hair, but it seems far-fetching. From what I´ve heard, they are afraid of (day)light and movement.

Recently I´ve read that ticks like to climb up the hair, if they have an opportunity. That scares me more than the idea of bedbugs in my hair. I totally shudder at the thought of an unnoticed and undetected tick hidden under my hair, feeding on my scalp. And according to the news, some nasty huge African ticks have been transported via migratory birds to an area not that far from where I live and those can transmit a deadly fever with 15-40% mortality.
    No length-check challenge: May 2024 - May 2025
    When it's broken, fix it. When it works, don't change it.

My Instagram

Length
    MBL/MBL/KNEE

Quote Originally Posted by Nefcerka View Post
    I believe bed bugs like dark and quiet places, to hide during the day. It can be imagined that they technically could hide in (thick) hair, but it seems far-fetching. From what I´ve heard, they are afraid of (day)light and movement.

Recently I´ve read that ticks like to climb up the hair, if they have an opportunity. That scares me more than the idea of bedbugs in my hair. I totally shudder at the thought of an unnoticed and undetected tick hidden under my hair, feeding on my scalp. And according to the news, some nasty huge African ticks have been transported via migratory birds to an area not that far from where I live and those can transmit a deadly fever with 15-40% mortality.
    Keep your hair covered when out in nature and you should be fine. Ticks tend to like tall grass, so stay away from that and keep your lawn mowed. Always do a full-body check after spending a very long time outside and feel around the perimeter of your hair line for strange or unusual bumps. You can always invest in tick repellent spray that will keep the critters at bay.

Even if you do get bitten, as long as you catch it in time, you should be okay.
    MBL~WL~HL~TBL~ FTL~ KNEE