Page 419 of 1377 FirstFirst ... 319369409417418419420421429469519919 ... LastLast
Results 4,181 to 4,190 of 13769

Thread: Waist | Hip | BCL | Tailbone

Length
    MB/WL/WL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Default Re: waist to tailbone

Quote Originally Posted by AmberJewel View Post
    I was wondering about hairstyles that are comfortable for this length. I'm just at waist, not long enough yet for my long-awaited faux crown braid, but regular buns already give me a headache of they're not done just right. Any hints would be much appreciated.
    Seconding LLL's suggestion. Also, braided buns can be really helpful since the 'balance' the hair out well. I'm wearing a braided nautalis today and wondering why I don't do it more often myself!

LLL - thanks for the support! When I first joined the LHC, I was surprised by all of the people who had a hard time not trimming...and then, as I got increasingly annoyed by my layers, I began to understand...and then experience it myself. I'm trying to make it until at least mid-April (when I have an important event) without any micro-trims. I know its not far away.

Cheese and some of those amazing pretzels will make the wait easier!

Length
    WL/TBL/FTL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Crumpet View Post
    Seconding LLL's suggestion. Also, braided buns can be really helpful since the 'balance' the hair out well. I'm wearing a braided nautalis today and wondering why I don't do it more often myself!
    Yesterday my head was sore from wearing a too-tight bun for too long, so I put it in a French braid, and later on I put the braid in a lazy wrap. I've never done that before and was quite surprised at how much of a difference it made.

Length
    Pixie/102cm/150cm
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by veryhairyfairy View Post
    I'll bring the home-made, whole wheat, butter coated soft pretzels (my new specialty, I've been proposed to by people eating them lol)!

I think after this year of no trims, I may maintain at TBL for at least a year and a half (but maybe as much as 3 years). There's so much health and thickness ALLL the way up at APL/BSL and I've love to have that at my ends someday. It took me 2.5 years (roughly) to get to this length from BSL, and I think I could maintain that long if I was seeing the thickness, wave, shine, and health travel downward.
    Mmm... tasty! I think I'll be maintaining at TBL for 6-12 months, or at least trimming half my growth for that long. What dedication to wait for the rest of your hair to join the party!

Quote Originally Posted by Lindenare View Post
    Your pretzels sound lovely! Also, I was just wondering whether I could grow to TBL (about 4 more inches for me), then maintain there until my layers are grown out - I estimate that would take just under a year at TBL. I was griping to myself about all that time when I could be growing until I found your post. I guess if you can handle three years of maintaining, I can handle one!
    Yay! Another party member!

Quote Originally Posted by Crumpet View Post

LLL - thanks for the support! When I first joined the LHC, I was surprised by all of the people who had a hard time not trimming...and then, as I got increasingly annoyed by my layers, I began to understand...and then experience it myself. I'm trying to make it until at least mid-April (when I have an important event) without any micro-trims. I know its not far away.

Cheese and some of those amazing pretzels will make the wait easier!
    Another vote for braided buns. Also, I tried this style today, and so far it is very comfortable. The weight is very well distributed.

It's two dutch lace braids and then I bunned it in the back.

Crumpet, glad to encourage and support. I know it's tough when they are driving you batty.

Quote Originally Posted by jupiterinleo View Post
    Yesterday my head was sore from wearing a too-tight bun for too long, so I put it in a French braid, and later on I put the braid in a lazy wrap. I've never done that before and was quite surprised at how much of a difference it made.
    Yes, changing your style a few times through the day helps a great deal if you start to get a sore spot from the weight. All great ideas.

97 cm Photo taken 1-1-2017

Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

New length shot + lazy wrap bun that actually looks good!!
    I'm almost to jeans top length!! (JTL) after that on to BCL!
    ~::BSL:: ::WL:: ::HIP:: ::BCL:: ::*TBL*:: ::CL::~
    Lady Cugedhiel, who walks in the path of the ouemessourita, in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Practicing Patience veryhairyfairy's Avatar
    Length
    APL/CBL/???
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Your pretzels sound lovely! Also, I was just wondering whether I could grow to TBL (about 4 more inches for me), then maintain there until my layers are grown out - I estimate that would take just under a year at TBL. I was griping to myself about all that time when I could be growing until I found your post. I guess if you can handle three years of maintaining, I can handle one!
    It does seem kind of daunting, but in the end I hope it will be well worth it. I sympathize with growing out layers as I've done it too. You can do it!

Quote Originally Posted by LauraLongLocks View Post
    Mmm... tasty! I think I'll be maintaining at TBL for 6-12 months, or at least trimming half my growth for that long. What dedication to wait for the rest of your hair to join the party!
    <snip>
    Hah, I like that word 'dedication', thanks! I figure I'll be in school that whole time anyway, so I can celebrate impending graduation by starting to grow again. It's going to be great to see how things improve (whatever all of our individual goals are) for those of us maintaining!

ETA: Almost forgot to mention how lovely that updo is, LLL! It's quite elegant and sophisticated looking, and I'm going to have to try it soon!
    Last edited by veryhairyfairy; March 22nd, 2014 at 05:50 PM.
    Formerly a Henna-Head, formerly FTL, formerly patient

Length
    35/47/?
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

It does seem kind of daunting, but in the end I hope it will be well worth it. I sympathize with growing out layers as I've done it too. You can do it!
    Thanks! I just measured my hair and found that what I had estimated to be 4 inches between my ends and TBL was actually about two inches, so that will cut a few months off my growing/maintaining time.

Length
    Pixie/102cm/150cm
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Dovetail View Post
    You look to be well past hip! Well done! Your hair looks lovely and healthy.

Hah, I like that word 'dedication', thanks! I figure I'll be in school that whole time anyway, so I can celebrate impending graduation by starting to grow again. It's going to be great to see how things improve (whatever all of our individual goals are) for those of us maintaining!

ETA: Almost forgot to mention how lovely that updo is, LLL! It's quite elegant and sophisticated looking, and I'm going to have to try it soon!
    I'm actually excited to maintain at TBL a while and see my braid taper reduced and my layers gone before continuing to add more length. And thanks for the thud... I didn't imagine it was a thudworthy hairstyle, but it feels really nice to have a thud! Thank you!

97 cm Photo taken 1-1-2017

Practicing Patience veryhairyfairy's Avatar
    Length
    APL/CBL/???
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Thanks! I just measured my hair and found that what I had estimated to be 4 inches between my ends and TBL was actually about two inches, so that will cut a few months off my growing/maintaining time.
    Oh, that's a nice surprise! You'll be at TBL before you know it, and your layers will get less and less bothersome as the time goes by.

Quote Originally Posted by Dovetail View Post
    http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab15/LostDove/EC011E38-E4AB-43FF-BBF8-5B4A3E020DAA_zpskcsxz9g4.jpg

Looking long and pretty! I love that giant lazy wrap, too, it's so massive!

Quote Originally Posted by LauraLongLocks View Post
    I'm actually excited to maintain at TBL a while and see my braid taper reduced and my layers gone before continuing to add more length. And thanks for the thud... I didn't imagine it was a thudworthy hairstyle, but it feels really nice to have a thud! Thank you!
    Goodness, I'd love to see my braid taper improve, as well! There's something disconcerting about starting a braid that's 2" around, and ending with one that's 1/2".
    I think we should all take before and after maintenance photos, it would be super motivational.

(And you're welcome! I think what makes that style thudworthy is the neat dutch braids. I can't do them very well, and they stay tight all the way down! I find that very impressive.)
    Formerly a Henna-Head, formerly FTL, formerly patient

Length
    shldr/tbl?/ftl?
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Thanks for the tips, everyone. Bring on the braids!

Length
    MB/WL/WL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

LLL - those braids really are gorgeous on you. It takes some skill to get them so even!

I may start micro-trimming more frequently again. I'm grumpy about my taper. My original plan was to maintain at waist for a bit, but the urge to grow took over and I slowed down on my trimming plan. Hmmm....