Page 417 of 1377 FirstFirst ... 317367407415416417418419427467517917 ... LastLast
Results 4,161 to 4,170 of 13770

Thread: Waist | Hip | BCL | Tailbone

Length
    SL/TBL/Class
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Default Re: waist to tailbone

I am just starting to brush hip. I've taken a few pictures right after washing, and my hemline is starting to look a little thin.

I spent almost 2 hours doing S&D on Friday. I had a trim in December, but only had 1/2 inch taken off after a full year of no trims. I started catnip rinses about 2 weeks ago, so I'm hoping that it starts to help with my split ends. Do you think I should just bite the bullet and get another small trim?
    May 2017
    Lady Rhoslynn Of Two Wheeled Thunder~Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    17/36/42
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

^As painstaking as it sounds, I suggest that you set aside a half hour and manually go through your hair in sections to cut split ends if you want to save length. I do S&Ds at least once a week because I hate having to trim extra hair. BTW your hair looks so smooth and silkyyyyy.

Today I blowdried my hair straight for the first time in two months. (Otherwise I do mostly buns and the occasional naturally wurly ponytail or braid.) Everyone at school and even random strangers were completely enamored of it; they wanted to touch my hair and feel its thickness and length. All my friends said they remembered when my hair was shoulder length a little over 2 years ago,and now it's at my butt. They all want to know my "secrets" but I honestly think it's just genetics and benign neglect. I'm only 1-2 inches shy of tailbone (which is 39"ish on me). Can't wait!
    SL - - APL - - BSL - - MBL - - Waist - - Hip - - TBL - - Classic
    Modified CGM. Bleach balayage once a year, very minimal heat styling. Aiming for natural curls to reach TBL (thus straight hair at Classic) by Dec 2021.

Length
    SL/TBL/Class
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Thank you wildkratt! Maybe I should grab the scissors now and do a short S&D session tonight.
    May 2017
    Lady Rhoslynn Of Two Wheeled Thunder~Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    15/30/40
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Hey guys, hoping to join you all VERRRY soon!!! I'm JUST starting to brush waist but I still have a bit to go! Here is the teaser

Cheers!

sl ~ apl ~ bsl ~ mbl ~ wl~
    hip~ tbl ~ classic!

Practicing Patience veryhairyfairy's Avatar
    Length
    APL/CBL/???
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Count me in the camp of feeling short. I, too, thought that waist length hair was SOO long (though it still looks long to me on other people), but then I reached it and I could still only do a cinnabun. I went through a phase where I felt like my hip length hair was finally 'long', but now I have almost BCL and it feels kind of short!

Hopefully spending 2015 at tailbone length will help me get used to it, and seeing it as long.

Welcome, Tini! You're definitely brushing waist, one more month and you should be able to call it. And lovely color! Looks like a rich honey brown with hints of chocolate... delicious!
    Formerly a Henna-Head, formerly FTL, formerly patient

Length
    APL?/TBL/100cm
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Yep, I'm in the same "it feels short" boat. My original goal was hip or rather "butt dimples" length which is just an inch below hip. Well now I'm past that, a bit more than inch from BCL and it still feels short. Yes on others this would be quite long hair but not on me. I can start seeing how it might be longish now, but I don't think it will be properly long until I hit TBL, if even then. Right now my goal is between TBL and classic, but we will see if I'm going to go beyond if my hair lets me. I'll make a good one year stop at my current goal though to get rid of the rest of my layers and dye + dye damage.

Hip ---- BCL -- TBL -- 100 cm of hair!
    Growing my virgin roots since the end of 2011. Maintaining at TBL+ in 2015!

Length
    APL/Hip +/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Tini'sNewHair View Post
    Hey guys, hoping to join you all VERRRY soon!!! I'm JUST starting to brush waist but I still have a bit to go! Here is the teaser

Cheers!
    Wooohooo Tini'sNewHair you are virtually there, told you didn't I.
    APL 2010 BSL JUL 2010 WSL 2011 HIP 2013 Going for Tailbone December 2017

Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Oh man! I'm so glad we're all in the same boat! I'm shooting for TBL and will maintain there before going on to classic.

I'm stuck in the "spring thinking" of wanting layers and a U hemline, I see all those pinterest girls with their beachy waves and shimmering hair and think "I could have that! if only I had layers!" and then I remind myself I'm just now finishing growing OUT layers!

Also, I get my hair trimmed by my auntie, and she does a stellar job, but as I get longer I want to be able to say " just trim to tailbone" but I'm not sure how to explain it, or point it out, if I'm sitting in a chair how will she know where my bum is!
    ~::BSL:: ::WL:: ::HIP:: ::BCL:: ::*TBL*:: ::CL::~
    Lady Cugedhiel, who walks in the path of the ouemessourita, in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    APL/Hip +/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

I'm so glad I'm not the only one with hair dysmortia I see bsl hair on others and think it's so long compared to mine when it's a inch past hip wavy
    APL 2010 BSL JUL 2010 WSL 2011 HIP 2013 Going for Tailbone December 2017

Length
    chin/WL/hip
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Interrupting to say: I can't wait to be here next November (2015)!!! I'm excited. Please return to your regularly scheduled programming. *disappears into the shadows*

Lovely manes everyone! See you later