Page 41 of 58 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: Show your updos (for BSL and shorter)

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Default Re: Show your updos (for BSL and shorter)

Quote Originally Posted by blackgothicdoll View Post
    I love that nail bun, very good solution for a 'manly' hair toy. I have used a tire pressure guage for a half up, but it's too short for much else.

My hair is just too thick for up does if it isn't straightened. I still love to lurk and look though...
    I would love to see your half-up with the tire pressure gauge, blackgothicdolll. To be honest, I would love to see your hair in any kind of updo, especially with your gorgeous curls!

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Stardust View Post
    Very pretty! I wondered if it would work with a fork, it’s good to see that it does I tried the hairstick version and liked it, but didn’t take a photo because I was oiling my hair at the time
    Thank-you once again, Lady Stardust.

It actually works very well with a hairfork in a full updo. One thing about the Wrapped Hairstick Bun is that it holds very secure. It can almost be too tight. I usually take a rat-tail comb and lift the hair around my sides and my forehead, just to loosen and soften the updo. It looks pretty if you pull out some of the front pieces to help soften the look.

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Today I am wearing my hair in a simple twist. I gathered my hair and give it a soft twist, then I used my small ficcare to secure it.

Length
    Chin/Waist/TBL
    Type
    2c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by luluj View Post
    Today I am wearing my hair in a simple twist. I gathered my hair and give it a soft twist, then I used my small ficcare to secure it.

Gorgeous, luluj! Simple and elegant. I love the contrast of bright backdrop too! Really makes your silver highlights pop - like starlight
    Next goal: 34" - Hip

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Simpscone View Post
    Gorgeous, luluj! Simple and elegant. I love the contrast of bright backdrop too! Really makes your silver highlights pop - like starlight
    Thank-you so much, Simpscone. Such a lovely descriptive, I am so flattered.

Length
    ~Chin/TBL+/CL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Hi, AshtangiPNW, it is nice to meet you.

Thank-you so much for the compliment. I hope this thread inspires you, too, and I am sure you could tuck your double braids. I am thinking that it would would look quite pretty.
    Nice to meet you luluj!
    ~Bleach-free from April 2018~*~No trimming~

Beautiful luluj! I love how many different colours are showing in your hair. It’s fun to expose the darker underside (when I do that it’s either really dark or really silver depending on where I divide it!)

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Stardust View Post
    Beautiful luluj! I love how many different colours are showing in your hair. It’s fun to expose the darker underside (when I do that it’s either really dark or really silver depending on where I divide it!)
    Thank-you so much, Lady Stardust. Mother Nature's brushstrokes are by far the most interesting.

By the way, I commented on a photo in your album, I had no idea how much beautiful, silver hair you have.

Thank-you so much, Lady Stardust. Mother Nature's brushstrokes are by far the most interesting.

By the way, I commented on a photo in your album, I had no idea how much beautiful, silver hair you have.
    Ooh I’ve just had a look at the album, thank you! My hair doesn’t look as silver as that most of the time, I think it’s the light/camera combination. A friend of mine was talking about getting greys the other day and I said I had a load coming in and he said “Yes but you dye your hair”, pointing to my henna. He was surprised when I said I haven’t dyed it for a year. He’s a tad shorter than me but I think he would have noticed if it was as silver as it appears in that photo Then again, the photo does give a good representation of the coppery/tawny stuff growing with the greys.

Length
    ChL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

I love my claw clips. They always come to my aid when my hair won't cooperate with flexis and sticks, hahaha..

ChL-SL-APL-BSL-MBL-WL-HBL-TBL ........

"When it rains, everything grows..."