Page 4086 of 4454 FirstFirst ... 3086358639864036407640844085408640874088409641364186 ... LastLast
Results 40,851 to 40,860 of 44538

Thread: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

Learn more. Know less. foreveryours's Avatar
    Length
    ./72"/KNEE+
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Default Re: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

Quote Originally Posted by dancedance View Post
    Lol! I never thought of it that way
    Quote Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post
    It has saved me from quite a few low ceilings and cabinet doors
    Yep, I don't like the weight when moving my head quickly, but a bun has saved the back of my head from a sharp corner or edge here too
    scalp > SL > MBL > TBL > FTL > KNEE > KNEE+

Those look cute, Zesty! I have a few packets of the standard goody medium size claw clips, I got the ‘planet goody sustainable’ ones because I was interested in what material they used, and they are very strong, came in a 4-pack, for $5-6.

I spend so much on my hair, I have to try to find some low cost options for some things! I also agree, Much prefer my routine with ‘cones and a good amount of leave-ins. I am 100 percent happier with the slip and ease of detangling I have now. I may ask for a Ficarre for a gift, or get myself one if I continue to struggle with the wooden sticks I have…down the road, like holidays or next spring for my bday (not a low budget item)!
    Maintaining 31” HL last bleach nov 2020 final goal is HL virgin hair by 6/2025 for my 40th

Length
    CBL/TBL/-
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by rosenester View Post
    Those look cute, Zesty! I have a few packets of the standard goody medium size claw clips, I got the ‘planet goody sustainable’ ones because I was interested in what material they used, and they are very strong, came in a 4-pack, for $5-6.

I spend so much on my hair, I have to try to find some low cost options for some things! I also agree, Much prefer my routine with ‘cones and a good amount of leave-ins. I am 100 percent happier with the slip and ease of detangling I have now. I may ask for a Ficarre for a gift, or get myself one if I continue to struggle with the wooden sticks I have…down the road, like holidays or next spring for my bday (not a low budget item)!
    I think I've bought clips from that Planet Goody line too! I have so many clips around (some of them failures, unfortunately). Ficcares are definitely worth a try, they're so pretty. I have two waiting in the wings but they aren't quite the right shape for how I currently wear my hair.

I literally use three leave ins these days. Serum/leave in conditioner > blow dry spray > oil. All with heat protection since I'm blow drying (just to be safe, I never use the hot setting and keep it far away from my hair, as is recommended). Since I spend all my money on those products perhaps it is good that my hair likes cheap toys now...

Student of long hair care squirrrel's Avatar
    Length
    24/45.7/?
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Iyashikei View Post
    Just measured my ponytail circumfence and it turned out to be 3.1 inch. Don't know if that is thick or not but it's me I guess.
    2-4 inches are average thickness. Thin is below the 2 inch mark and anything above 4 inches is where thick hair begins. Welcome to team average (though you are on the thicker side of average and I am on the thinner side).

Student of long hair care squirrrel's Avatar
    Length
    24/45.7/?
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Zesty View Post
    My "default" clips at the moment are these from Amazon: https://a.co/d/5dEkYmz How about you?

They're close to being dupes of the Goody Kimberly clips that I found on eBay, but those were like $10 each and both of the ones I had cracked at the base of a tine after just a few weeks. We'll see how these hold up (ha, pun). Anyway, I digress...

In my case it might also be due to cone usage and leave ins? Now that I think about it, I might have gone back to silicones around when I hit classic. I guess I'd rather have easier detangling than better hold -- despite the slight risk of hair getting caught in the springs. Another upside is that claw clips tend to be super affordable, at least compared to the Etsy stuff I was buying before. They're just not as pretty (IMO) and unique.
    Oooh. I haven’t seen this style of clip before, Zesty. Interesting.

Length
    CBL/TBL/-
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by squirrrel View Post
    Oooh. I haven’t seen this style of clip before, Zesty. Interesting.
    I hadn't either! I saw it on a Facebook group and they proved kind of hard to find because I still can't come up with a good keyword to search for. I was happy to come across those. But I like them because they're so much flatter than most claw clips. I can clip them on the top edge of a cinnamon bun and it holds great all day.

Length
    Buzz/Buzz/Calf+

Quote Originally Posted by Iyashikei View Post
    Just measured my ponytail circumfence and it turned out to be 3.1 inch. Don't know if that is thick or not but it's me I guess.
    I think that makes you ii thickness 4+ is iii

Length
    BSL/floor/floor
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Zesty View Post
    I hadn't either! I saw it on a Facebook group and they proved kind of hard to find because I still can't come up with a good keyword to search for. I was happy to come across those. But I like them because they're so much flatter than most claw clips. I can clip them on the top edge of a cinnamon bun and it holds great all day.
    I've never seen them either. I'm intrigued This brand has several other interesting designs.
    Last edited by lapis_lazuli; July 14th, 2022 at 02:27 PM.

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Floor/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Just stocked up on some Love Beauty and Planet conditioners, aaaaaand they've changed the recipe. They have taken out the methyl-whatsit-ones and SLS, which is good, and they smell the same, so hopefully they'll be okay still.

Also slightly tempted to rinse and condition my hair sometime Sunday-Tuesday, with the heatwave, to do a sort of hairtyping … but I don't actually think I can sit anywhere without my hair without my ends pooling on the floor (is it really too long to feasibly do a proper hairtyping?! )
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Length
    34/34/45
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

Going through this heatwave has given me a lot of food for random hair thoughts. To be honest, most of them about how silly my head would look if I completely shaved my head? lol

I have a weird bump on the top of my head. I wonder all the time whether someone dropped me when I was a newborn and they never told my mom. She didn't know I had the bump.

And now back to shaving my hair... It makes me think that it would take me probably a decade to grow all of my current length. And that made me think we don't really have a lot of time on earth for hair growth journeys from scratch.

Sorry to anyone who read this. It's been 43 degrees Celsius for a week now, my country is literally on fire. I can't function.
    Last edited by Doomy Daisy; July 14th, 2022 at 06:30 PM.