Page 4077 of 4454 FirstFirst ... 3077357739774027406740754076407740784079408741274177 ... LastLast
Results 40,761 to 40,770 of 44538

Thread: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

Length
    15/40/tbd
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Default Re: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

Quote Originally Posted by foreveryours View Post
    That's how I sleep, with the ends hanging free off the end of my bed 4 feet below me (I sleep in a loft). No tangles. If you have animals, especially cats, spiders, and monsters under the bed, it might now work so well.
    While I can't speak to the spiders/monsters, I can say that the driving force for actually acquiring a sleep bonnet was our kitten's obsession with playing in my hair.
    Lady Daybreak, keeper of the Stars & Sea ☽︎ artist, lover, general mystic

Learn more. Know less. foreveryours's Avatar
    Length
    ./72"/KNEE+
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Yeah, a cat in the hair can be difficult to remove. I've had one "tangled" up in mine before. Live and learn
    scalp > SL > MBL > TBL > FTL > KNEE > KNEE+

Length
    27.5"/41"/41"
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/iii

My dog sleeps on her own* set of pillows above our heads, and that is definitely why I was always very aggressive about using some kind of head covering at night. Had to try a bunch of options before I found the hair bag I use and love now.

*yes she’s a bit extra but we love her and she takes a lot of crap from the kids so she deserves some small canine luxuries.
    I woke up like this (brushing the top of my calves somehow??)

Length
    BSL/floor/floor
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by foreveryours View Post
    That's how I sleep, with the ends hanging free off the end of my bed 4 feet below me (I sleep in a loft to conserve space). No tangles. If you have animals, especially cats, spiders, and monsters under the bed, it might not work so well.
    Ohh, a loft bed would be perfect! Less chance of critters and tangles

Quote Originally Posted by baanoo View Post
    While I can't speak to the spiders/monsters, I can say that the driving force for actually acquiring a sleep bonnet was our kitten's obsession with playing in my hair.
    This is why my sister's cat is not allowed in my room

Learn more. Know less. foreveryours's Avatar
    Length
    ./72"/KNEE+
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

The only thing bad about lofts is their need for high ceilings. In a previous life I had 9 foot celings. but here it seems they are more like 6 and a half The inside of a Tardis is really not as spacious as widely believed
    scalp > SL > MBL > TBL > FTL > KNEE > KNEE+

Length
    APL/FTL/TERM
    Type
    1b/M/C/ii/iii

My hair bonnet has two layers, the outer layer is satin and the inner layer is mulberry silk (it's five times more expensive than the satin one), the two have totally different textures and feelings. I got two bonnets at different periods and sewed them together because I feel this way my hair is more protected. The bonnet has a 50-cm long tail so I can comfortably put my braid inside and toss and turn without worrying about anything.
    Last edited by tuanyiji; July 4th, 2022 at 07:19 AM.
    107cm 1b/C/10.2cm Fingercomb/Bun/Water-only No-Trim/Elastic/Heat
    [Youtube][Instagram][Fun with Flowers][Shed Hair Hand-tie Project][ABC Hairstyle Challenge]

Length
    CBL/TBL/-
    Type
    1c/M/ii

I'm kinda considering washing my hair more frequently than my usual twice a week. Like maybe every other day. Particularly in the summer it might be a good idea. My hair is oily to begin with, and this year I've been exercising more (I've lost 40 pounds! which was needed) and I wonder if not washing after is contributing to my scalp being a little itchy.

I also find that I like my hair best after washing and blow drying. Allowing myself to blow dry (on low heat and speed and with heat protectant) would be the thing to make more frequent washing tolerable. Avoiding the excessively long air drying process is a big reason I avoided washing my hair to begin with.

Anyway I might test it out. I don't have to commit to anything of course.

Length
    Chin/Hip/TBL
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Zesty View Post
    I'm kinda considering washing my hair more frequently than my usual twice a week. Like maybe every other day. Particularly in the summer it might be a good idea. My hair is oily to begin with, and this year I've been exercising more (I've lost 40 pounds! which was needed) and I wonder if not washing after is contributing to my scalp being a little itchy.

I also find that I like my hair best after washing and blow drying. Allowing myself to blow dry (on low heat and speed and with heat protectant) would be the thing to make more frequent washing tolerable. Avoiding the excessively long air drying process is a big reason I avoided washing my hair to begin with.

Anyway I might test it out. I don't have to commit to anything of course.
    I have been washing my hair daily without shame or guilt for over two years now.
    I just like it best after freshly washed and blowdried (cool.)

Length
    CBL/TBL/-
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Death-Within-Me View Post
    I have been washing my hair daily without shame or guilt for over two years now.
    I just like it best after freshly washed and blowdried (cool.)
    I don't think there's anything wrong with it! I just got in the habit of washing less frequently because I was exclusively air drying for so many years and it took hours and hours. I don't think I personally would wash every single day because I still like it the day after.

Length
    CBL/TBL/TBL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Note to self: always make sure to detangle before showering . I forgot to today, and forgot to detangle after too, which all resulted in brushing out an alarming amount of shed hair. Alarming because I've never brushed out that much, but all those days of not detangling (was too stressed out in my personal life) really led to this. Never again!

Tempted to get a good trim too, the more uneven my hemline becomes. But I'm relatively quite close to my goal length... the inner battle continues .