Page 4 of 1599 FirstFirst ... 2345614541045041004 ... LastLast

Thread: Midback | Waist

I just made it to BSL. I shall be at waist by Feb 09, I hope.

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

not quite there yet another month or two until i get to bsl, but hey save me a seat i will be as quick as i can!!!

good luck to everybody, you all have very enviable hair
    Buzz October 2015 to get rid of bendigo and lots of other damage, now Al natural and loving it....where will my journey end? I will tell you when I get there. Lifelong Co washer and LOC method currentl approaching curly hip

Length
    Chin/BSL+/TBL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

I feel like I've been here forever! It really is the mid-back abyss for me. I don't trim (other than a little dusting now and again), and it seems like my hair is always anywhere from 1-4" from my waist from day to day.

Grrrr!!!!

Length
    22"/hip/tb
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

My kindred! LOL I feel like I've been in the limbo between BSL and waist for eons... so glad to know I'm not alone! I wonder if this is a typically difficult stage to go through? Maybe some who've made it past waist will chime in...

Firefly
    *******Firefly*******
    2a/F-M/ii ~~ Hip

Length
    21/34/36
    Type
    1a/M/ii/iii

I've been at waist 31 inches for MONTHS now. I'm growing out layers, and this is the easy way I think.

Grow and inch chop it off.
    Grow-chop
    Grow chop
    So there's 2-3 more inches with layers that have been razor cut. Then I'll just grow grow grow.

Length
    10/53/30
    Type
    3a/M/C/ii/iii

I'm not even past bsl yet. When it is wet I get an inch or two past bsl, but dry the longest layers might touch bsl if I brushed it. Supposed 4 more inches will get me to waist, but having curly hair just makes this waiting process so much worse.

Length
    APL/waist/even
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

Since I've reached BSL my hair seems to stop growing (well, I know it does) and often I think that I'm nowhere - not BSL not yet waist. Plus I have layers, so the longest hair is about 1something" to waist, but other strands are shorter. And the longest is looking a bit thin because of those layers. It was the worst idea ever...

Length
    BSL/TB+/??
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Last winter my hair was getting very close to waist length. Then I moved to Russia for four months. The combination of cold, wind, humidity amongst other issues, means that my hair is now rather damaged and growth slowed significantly.

I'm probably going to get a significant trim later this week to get ride of the bulk of the damage, so I will once again be where I was a year ago - just past bsl.

I've found though that despite the fact my hair is longer, I would much rather have it back to being healthy than work on the length.
    October 2009

Length
    SL/35"/clssc
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

I'm there, too! I don't have pics, but I'm a few inches behind you. I'm pretty happy with my hair as it is, but even then, it's hard not to wish it longer! Good luck to you!
    Lady Pepper of the Silver Tongue in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights!

Length
    1mm/term?/:/
    Type
    3b/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Sceleste View Post
    Lesson of the story: keep your hair up and forget about it, it'll grow.
    That's so true.

I am completely ignoring if my hair grows or not. I had to chop it quite short again (when curly it was above my shoulders) what seems like yesterday. I was so fed up with never being able to grow my hair long due to shedding issues that the only thing I could do (short of wallowing in my misery ) was to ignore it. It wasn't a decision I made, it just happened. This is a new thing for me!

Yesterday in my shower my boyfriend commented that my hair is getting long (of course, you can only see this when it is wet) I felt it and it is about 4 fingers away from waist, surprise! I still have a long way to go until it reaches waist in curly state, though...

I refuse to measure, to think about it, to look at the lenght in the mirror... to obsess about it. Now that it is warm I should just put it up more often and completely forget about it.