View Poll Results: How long has it been since you got your hair cut at a salon or hairdresser's.

Voters
1200. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 - 3 months

142 11.83%
  • 3 - 6 months

115 9.58%
  • 6 months - 1 year

157 13.08%
  • 1 year - two years

203 16.92%
  • two years - three years

148 12.33%
  • three years +

376 31.33%
  • I never have

48 4.00%
  • Other

11 0.92%
Page 4 of 61 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: How long since you went to the salon/hairdresser?

Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Default Re: How long since you went to the salon/hairdresser?

Must be over three years, back in high school. Those visits always made me feel very awkward.
    (Lady Seirêne of the Unmatched Voice in the Order of the Long Haired Knights)

Length
    SL/W/?
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

I went to the salon just two weeks ago for a color touchup on my roots. I get my hair lightened from very dark brown to a medium brown, and in order to keep my hair in good condition I go to the salon because they have access to gentler products than I can get. There doesn't seem to be anything like a Ricky's here where salon-quality dye ingredients are available to non-professionals, and the box dyes available in drugstores are formulated for darker hair than mine.

Cuts I do myself, and have for several years. My stylist is really good about not cutting more than I want so it's not that I don't trust her. It's just that my hemline trims are spur of the moment things -- suddenly I'll get annoyed by my hair, and 5 minutes later I'm in the bathroom trimming away. But if I wanted a big change I would ask my stylist to do it.

I've been cutting my own for around 6 years. I get what I want, it's free, and I can do it whenever, sometimes at 3:00 am.

It was October of 2009. I grew out my hair on accident at first because I moved and I was scared to see a new hairdresser. As my hair was growing out I panicked and researched how to trim it myself and luckily I had great success. My self-cutting skills has greatly improved since then so I don't really see myself ever going back to the salon again. I really didn't appreciate how they would try to get as much money out of me as possible and not listen to me so that they could get me to come back to them more often. Of course it's nice to save money but it's more the convenience for me. I don't paint my nails, because to me it's a waste of my valuable time. I don't like making an appointment and going to the salon for an hour or so when I can just trim it myself in my bathroom in 5-10 minutes.

Length
    BSL/Waist/Knee
    Type
    2a/F/iii

My last time was in March last year, so almost a year now. I went from going every eight weeks to never going again, lol, quite a 180... And I will never go back!
    The sun is the same in a relative way

Length
    Chin/APL/BSL/W
    Type
    2a/C/iii

I went to one over the summer but before that, it had been years.
    Lady Scarlet of the Whispering Philosophes in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    6/32/47
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Last visit was October of '11. I asked that one inch be trimmed and that's precisely what she did. I had three inches taken off in February of '11, which I still regret

Just S&D here now, plus any necessary microtrims to keep the hemline more or less a hemline. No compelling plans to visit a salon soon, as I am well into the zone of MBL wasteland on my way to WL. It's actually beginning to feel long now, which I enjoy!

Length
    18/Cl/Term
    Type
    2c/M/ii

It's been two years for me, and if I have any say in things it'll be many more years before I return. Why pay money to have your wishes ignored each time? Thank goodness for the self-trim method.

On the hunt for terminal. SerinaDaith's Avatar
    Colorado is my physical home but I spend a lot of time in my mind. It's safer that way.
    Length
    .5 in/.5 in/term
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Honestly I do not remember the last time I really went to a salon, probably my wedding day whic will be four years this March. I did have a friend who is a hairdresser chop me to chin last March to get rid of dye damage and even out the last of the pixie layers so I went with six months to a year. Now I plan to do self trims and nothing else ever again.
    Lady Seredhiel in the Order of the Longhaired Knights. Current body mark: BSL+, Goal length, terminal.No trims in 2013. Henna head. Crazy craft guru.Crunchy Mommy.

Its gotta be at least three years now for me. I used to go to a place called Lady Janes Haircuts for Men but aside from the feeling of a having a cute girl running her fingers through my hair I never really enjoyed getting my hair cut. Eventually I stopped going and just started cutting my own hair. I would just buzz it all off every month or two. Now that I'm growing my hair long its been a year since the last time I cut it and I don't know when (if ever) I'll be cutting it again.