Page 4 of 1496 FirstFirst ... 2345614541045041004 ... LastLast

Thread: Buzz | Ear | Chin

Length
    Pixie/Shldr/Trmnl
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Default Re: Any Super-Shorties Out There???

Quote Originally Posted by smilinjenn71 View Post
    Shoot... a hair toy or two?!?!?!

I have a whole bag full of headbands and clippies...
    I've got a few things in my bathroom closet, a few small bags of cheap hairtoys for longer hair, a plastic bin full of elastics and hair clips for my DD4 with now nearly APL hair (I cut it from mid-back a few months ago because of food-, muck- and play-damage to the ends)
    Aaaaand.....
    Two medium-sized Ficcare Maximas, one Honey Marble and a deep blue silver bordered one...
    Those damn things are expensive, I can't have them sitting in my closet in their pretty golden box!!!

Let's free our hairtoys!!!

"We are now entering subspace. Please stand by and await further disruptions."

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    shldr/shldr/shldr

Hi, Pixna. I remember you!

Length
    6"/BSL/BSL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Yes, Tresses is a Brie-hound. We'll have to hide the good stuff from her from now on.

Banned
    Length
    Buzz/buzz/waist
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Pixna View Post
    what length did you start at and how is it going for you?

I've always had short hair (im a guy) and have decdided that im going to try long hair since its something different. I started with around 1/4 inch and have been letting it grow out. Im still really short. (Only 3 inches) but i'll get there sooner or later.

Posterchild for Monistat
    Length
    1"/26"/waist
    Type
    3a/3b/F/ii

i started at pixie from a bleaching disaster i am now around APL hoping for BSL .
    Makeup Tutorials for the brave and colorful
    View the Monistat Tutorial
    here
    My Hair Blog:
    http://suicideseve.blogspot.com

Length
    pixie/shldr/30"
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Hey Pixna! I'm in the same boat, too. I had long hair up unril last June, when I cut it to a bob, and then went shorter and shorter, and now I have a pixie cut which has grown about an inch all over, which means it looks pretty darn stupid and I can't do anything about it until it grows a bit more. The whole process of cuttingmy hair short had to do with a sort of a crisis that I had going on for the most part of 2007-2008, mainly graduating, trying to find a job, getting married and transitioning to a whole new era in my life. Long story short, despite all of the good things that were happening in my life, I was stressed and tired and angry and all that jazz, and thought that it was my long hair that was, partly, holding me back and causing negative energy (sounds a bit silly, now). Well, now that I've finally got a job and got over the temporary insanity and everything is going well again, I'm struggling with my hair. I've grown a pixie cut long once before, and I thought I would never have to go through that again, but here I am. When will I learn that short hair isn't for me? It's encouraging and helpful to know that there are others growing from a short cut. Happy growing and let's support each other

Hello! Im quite new here so I dont remember you. Welcome back, seems like alot of people have missed you. Dont worry about the supershort hair, its gonna grow out in no time!!
    As the saying goes, it pays to be patient!

Type
    1a/F/ii

PIXNA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow what a nice surprise. I haven't read all the replies yet but gosh it's good to see you again. OK now let me finish reading what you said. WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!!! Oh and we have a shorties group. I too cut my hair. It had gotten to 29" and I chopped, boo hoo. Everyone here has to listen to me whine about it!

Type
    1a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Pixna View Post
    Oh my, LawyerGirl, that's quite a story -- and a sad one. But, it has a happy ending -- long hair and a proposal on the way! My cut was due to a moment of midlife insanity, combined with the influence of others who seemed to believe I was a curly girl (I'm not), and my lame-brained assumption that my hair would be curlier if it were shorter (nope, another falsity--it just cuts any curl there is right off!). I'm afraid I'll be petrified wood by the time my hair gets to where I want it to be, as I am in my midfifties. Apparently stupidity has no age barriers!!!
    Oh yeah I forgot we are about the same age. I will be 54 in May. I always joke and say I hope I will be alive for it to get back where it was!!!! My youngest one graduates from high school in about 4 years. I want to be able to do a nice updo for his graduation by that time.

I'm old enough to be a grandmother, in fact two of my sister are but we started late. You should join the subgroup shorties. We'd love to have you!!!

Oh and yes there are still some of us oldies around!!! As you can see I've been around since 2003. Before that I was in I think it was called Long Hair Lovers or something of that sort. I went through all the changes with everyone.

Oh and I neglected to say why I cut. Like someone else on here it was because of a lot of life stresses, dumb yes. It was something I could control unlike everything else that was going on.

DUMB!!!!!! It only takes a minute to chop and loose years of growth but what can I say.....On to long hair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did I say join our shorties group????
    Last edited by Teacherbear; February 27th, 2010 at 09:44 PM. Reason: merge 2 posts

Length
    pixie/shldr/30"
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Just wanted to add that I completely agree with what Chrissy said about being able to control one's hair when everything else seemed out of control - that's exactly how I felt last spring when the decision to chop my hair first started to take form in my thoughts. Yeah. Like my hair had something to do with my control issues and stress...oh well. It made me join LHC, so it's not all bad . And see, I'm a member now! I'm so excited . I've never been an active member in an online community (shocking, I know )!