Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Fellow fine-haired friends... Please report in!

Length
    11/20/30
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Default Re: Fellow fine-haired friends... Please report in!

Quote Originally Posted by diamond_storm View Post
    Ohhh very interesting I used to have a LOT of those squiggly ends, especially when my hair was damp. Since I got pregnant and had a baby, most of them seem to have disappeared. Are your ends still feeling nice, Gothie? I may have to sit down and do an S&D while little one naps sometime.....

I've gotten the hairstylist comments as well... One of the last times I went to a salon, the stylist commented on how my hair was difficult because it's so fine. She said it's tough for people with hair like me to grow it long, and that it just never looks great. Definitely planted a seed of doubt in my mind

They make money off of regulars. I understand it, but what she said, she never should have said. To answer your question, yes. I went from constant knotting at around 2 inches of my ends (like, tiny tiny tiny knots, too) to barely any. If I had to give a percentage estimate, from hgih 90%s to between 2%-7%. I do not regret taking the time to pick apart the bad hair strands from the healthy.

What I had done when I trimmed the bad ended hair strands was I went a good 2 - 4 cm above where the damage visually appeared to begin to cut it. That way, I knew for a fact I cut the true start of the damage.

Length
    shldr/mbl/tbl
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by GothiePie View Post
    They make money off of regulars. I understand it, but what she said, she never should have said. To answer your question, yes. I went from constant knotting at around 2 inches of my ends (like, tiny tiny tiny knots, too) to barely any. If I had to give a percentage estimate, from hgih 90%s to between 2%-7%. I do not regret taking the time to pick apart the bad hair strands from the healthy.

What I had done when I trimmed the bad ended hair strands was I went a good 2 - 4 cm above where the damage visually appeared to begin to cut it. That way, I knew for a fact I cut the true start of the damage.
    That's awesome that you feel a positive change! I kind of abandoned S&D for microtrims since I don't have a lot of free time anymore. I bought a serum, and my hair seems to love it! It hasn't been as tangly since I started using it. So I'm hoping that will help

Your hair looks lovely in your pic, by the way

Length
    11/20/30
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

That's awesome that you feel a positive change! I kind of abandoned S&D for microtrims since I don't have a lot of free time anymore. I bought a serum, and my hair seems to love it! It hasn't been as tangly since I started using it. So I'm hoping that will help

Your hair looks lovely in your pic, by the way
    That is great news! Which serum? And thank you!

Length
    11/20/30
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

That is great news! Which serum? And thank you!
    So does yours, it looks so long!

Length
    shldr/mbl/tbl
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

So does yours, it looks so long!
    Thank you I got the OGX Coconut Milk Serum! It smells yummy and is super silicone-y, which my hair loves!

Length
    11/20/30
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Thank you I got the OGX Coconut Milk Serum! It smells yummy and is super silicone-y, which my hair loves!
    Oooh, I am so happy you found it! I can't do a lot of cones or additives because I hav elow porosity hair :