Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Care For Baby-Fine Hair

Type
    2c/F/i/ii

Default Re: Best Care For Baby-Fine Hair

Quote Originally Posted by UP Lisa View Post
    Where did you get your baby brush? I have one old brush made by Vidal Sassoon that I use. It has the softest boar bristles I have ever found. It would be good to have a spare, though. I have bought other brushes, but they are always too stiff.
    I'm not the poster you addressed, but I see baby brushes in the appropriate sections of drugstores or baby-stuff stores. Imagine you are shopping for your 3-week-old baby.

Length
    15"/BSL/hip
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Another finey checking in. I am having trouble with my hair right now being so dry, I think from the heat that we use in the house. I think that I am going to have to go back to using a silk sleep cap at night. I woke up this morning & my hair was so dry & tangly (had it in a high pony tail) it looked like cotton candy, spider webs or something when trying to separate it to braid it. I sprayed it down with water & put some jojoba oil on it, it was much better. I could separate it without ripping out hairs.
    I will be keeping an eye on this thread

Feminist warrior-druidess SwordWomanRiona's Avatar
    Celtiberian pseudo-Rivendell fort overlooking the sunset
    Length
    Trim/Calf-/Knee
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by UP Lisa View Post
    I have used both corn starch and face powders to get more time between shampoos, but I worry about them clogging up hair follicles.

quote=SwordWomanRiona;1895269] I agree about the mechanical damage! Very dangerous for us fine-haired people! I always make sure my hair isn't brushing against anything when sitting down! About the blow-dryer, I don't use it on the length, but I have no option but to use it on the roots (very propense to colds and sore throats, I am!). I haven't noticed any damage, though, I don't blow-dry overmuch and move the blow-dryer a lot.
    I try not to wash my hair more than twice a week...I have greasy roots, but I don't want to wash my length more than twice a week...I have to consider scalp washes, but for now, dry shampoo is my friend
    About the ponytails and buns on top of the head...I think that depends on the person, I love those styles and I think they look good on me, fine hair and all . I've never had any problems with my hairline. I try not to make them overtight, of course!
    [/quote]

Well, I use it once a week at the most, and usually the day before actually washing, so I don't think it causes much build-up. I sometimes do have some (minor) problems when it comes to brushing the white off my scalp .

Length
    15/27/34
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Hairsalons have alot of treatments and masks for fine hair i know redken water rush giver lots of moisture but does not weigh down at all. And i think some brands even have volume masks so your hair gets nourishment but not weigth.. personally i love matrix biolage age rejuvanating mask. It makes the hair sooo easy to wear. It turns Silky and soft and not greasy,and it is ment for older hair.. i dont care about that.. i am 21 and i love the entire age rejuvanating line :P
    NECK-APL-BSL-MBL WAIST HIP-TAILBONE-CLASSIC
    Lady Eäryendë of Nóregr, Duchess of Silver Scissors, Daughter of the Polar Star in the order of the longhaired knights

Feminist warrior-druidess SwordWomanRiona's Avatar
    Celtiberian pseudo-Rivendell fort overlooking the sunset
    Length
    Trim/Calf-/Knee
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Lamb View Post
    I'm not the poster you addressed, but I see baby brushes in the appropriate sections of drugstores or baby-stuff stores. Imagine you are shopping for your 3-week-old baby.
    Yes, that's what I was going to say. I get mine in a regular supermarket, it's among the 'beauty and hygiene products'. The only brush that doesn't kill my hair. It looks like this one:
    http://s7v1.scene7.com/is/image/JohnLewis/230856295

Length
    12/32/35
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Thank you. I just ordered another brush today that is supposed to have soft bristles, but I'll probably be disappointed again.....

Quote Originally Posted by SwordWomanRiona View Post
    Yes, that's what I was going to say. I get mine in a regular supermarket, it's among the 'beauty and hygiene products'. The only brush that doesn't kill my hair. It looks like this one:
    http://s7v1.scene7.com/is/image/JohnLewis/230856295
    Started growing at 42. Always admired and wanted long hair. Thrilled to find waves!!!

2b-F-ii

Length
    19/hip/termi
    Type
    1a/F/ii/iii

I have very fine, fragile hair. I just have a lot of them. My fine hair gets either build up or gets fried very quickly. Stretching hairwashes is not an option for me. The dirtier my hair is, the dryer it is. My hair hates most poos and any conditioner will make my hair seem limp and without any body. Then it builds up. So, to avoid having to clarify my hair every third hairwash, I've developed my own way of washing that I'd like to share. I wash my hair every 2 days.

In a 250 ml bottle, mix 1 tbs ACV. Fill almost to the top with warm water. Add some poo. I let a small stream flow from the poo bottle as I say enough. Gently swirl to mix. Wet your thoroughly detangled hair. Dump this concoction on your head, concentrating on the scalp. Make washing motions. Put some on your length, gently squeezing it through your length. Fill the empty bottle with water and dump on your head. Squeeze excess out, secure hair up and do shower stuff. Take hair down and gently rinse while rinsing your body. Wait to detangle until your hair is damp. I usually finger detangle. Because I use so little poo, my hair doesnt dry out or tangle too much. It's also very easy to rinse completely out.

Slightly Frosted FrozenBritannia's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/TB/45+
    Type
    2a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by hanne jensen View Post
    I have very fine, fragile hair. I just have a lot of them. My fine hair gets either build up or gets fried very quickly. Stretching hairwashes is not an option for me. The dirtier my hair is, the dryer it is. My hair hates most poos and any conditioner will make my hair seem limp and without any body. Then it builds up. So, to avoid having to clarify my hair every third hairwash, I've developed my own way of washing that I'd like to share. I wash my hair every 2 days.

In a 250 ml bottle, mix 1 tbs ACV. Fill almost to the top with warm water. Add some poo. I let a small stream flow from the poo bottle as I say enough. Gently swirl to mix. Wet your thoroughly detangled hair. Dump this concoction on your head, concentrating on the scalp. Make washing motions. Put some on your length, gently squeezing it through your length. Fill the empty bottle with water and dump on your head. Squeeze excess out, secure hair up and do shower stuff. Take hair down and gently rinse while rinsing your body. Wait to detangle until your hair is damp. I usually finger detangle. Because I use so little poo, my hair doesnt dry out or tangle too much. It's also very easy to rinse completely out.
    That sounds interesting. I wonder if it would work with white vinegar?
    Lady Britannia of Mergatroyd, Seer of the Dancing Lights, in the order of The Long Haired Knights.

Account Closed by Member Request
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

I used to get most of my mechanical damage during washing but I have that down now to the lowest it has ever been, thanks to my adjusting my steeping time for catnip tea. My hair currently (I need to trim it back out of preference) is below waist, pulled down. Before catnip use it did not look thicker, not could I ever grow it this long without a breakage taper. I wear it down most of the time.

For others with fine hair, keeping products light is the key, in my opinion and as for treatments, you can make them lighter, with the choice of products used in recipes, http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...3&postcount=26.

Length
    15 in/18 in/35 in
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

I have very fine hair too! I also have a lot of past damage form chemical processing I have been using henna to strengthen and EVOO , coconut oil and or Shea butter for moisture. Unfortunately I am still dealing with split ends. I try to S & D, hoping not to have to cut length. I also started using a BBB, but I think that was way to harsh. So I am not using the BBB anymore!
    Enjoyed chin length for awhile but my hair sticks are calling!
    ................................Time to Grow!.