Page 4 of 306 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Chin | Shoulder | Collarbone

Type
    1a/F/ii

Default Re: Growing Chin to Shoulder-length? Post here!

I belong here! My hair is chin-length. The photo is old, I should change it. I wish to get back to where I was and then some, to waist, I think. Anyone knows how long that might take?

I've recently started WO washing and that has meant that my hair is getting shorter rather than longer, because it has lots of volume. A bit frustrating right now, but if it works for me and I can stick with it I hope for better bigger and healthier hair when it's long again.

Some beautiful hairdos in this thread! I can't even put my hair in a ponytail yet.

Type
    1a/F/ii

I belong here! My hair is chin-length. The photo is old, I should change it. I wish to get back to where I was and then some, to waist, I think. Anyone knows how long that might take?

I've recently started WO washing and that has meant that my hair is getting shorter rather than longer, because it has lots of volume. A bit frustrating right now, but if it works for me and I can stick with it I hope for better bigger and healthier hair when it's long again.

Some beautiful hairdos in this thread! I can't even put my hair in a ponytail yet.

Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Aw, thanks everyone for the hair compliments; you've made my day!

The butterfly is a barrette and really serves no purpose other than I thought it was pretty and it made up for my lack of hair

I gathered my hair in two low pigtails (just using my hands, no rubber bands) and twisted it up once and pinned so it created two hair "waterfalls". You can see in the pic the line between the two--it lines up with the butterfly's body. For each flip, I use a bobby pin on each side, slightly angled up so that I can pull the hair a bit on each side to make it more rounder looking. Because of my natural curl pattern, the ends kinda "curl" themselves but I think also this could be done with straight hair or longer hair by actually rolling the hair and pinning the curl at the base with a pin. Having slightly damp hair helps.

And Changeling, I think you're right-- a similar effect could probably be created with an inverted ponytail thingy. This style is nice for fine/thin hair because most of it is air!

Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Hi timotej! I think how long it would take to grow from chin to waist would depend on how fast your hair grows... I think I read somewhere that the average is 1/2" per month?

Good luck with WO! I really don't know that much about it; I should go check out that thread. I like the idea of more volume!

Length
    Chin/Neck/Waist
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by timotej View Post

I'm working on bringing out my waves and trying to encourage curl, so I lose a lot of length there but it is totally worth it

I hope to be shoulder length by the new year, which I think is realistic because I am only trimming every six months (by the moon). After that, I really can't make any predictions, because who knows what will happen!
    Miss my ponytail.
    Undercut~chin~midneck~shoulder~collarbone~APL~BSL~waist

Length
    Pixie/BSL/BSL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Neecola View Post
    Joflakes: Awesome braids!! I watched some youtube videos last night to try out dutch braiding. Try is the key word -- it was quite crooked and my super fine/thin hair produced such a teeeeeeeny braid. But I'll keep at it! I saw a video that a girl loosely pulled apart the braid to give it more oomph so I think I'll try that sometime. I have my hair up with a butterfly clip today--I think it turned out pretty cute. I did get a pic but have to crop it and figure out how to post it.
    Thanks! It is just a case of practising. I've only been braiding properly a month or so you can do it!

Quote Originally Posted by timotej View Post

Welcome! =D
    To bra strap length, and beyond!
    *Pixie*Shag*Jaw*Shoulder*Collarbone*APLBSL

Length
    12/30 MB/Waist
    Type
    2a/C/ii/iii

My hair in back is shoulder plus but my on sides are chin length. I have got the entire journey to still go with my hair on the sides. There's no use in ponytailing until I can get more than the hair in the back into one.

Length
    2''/APL/?
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I belong here! If I don't trim I am at shoulder after about one inch. I just have some shorter layers, some are at chin and they have startet to fairytale, I guess. There is no split ends. I haven't touched some of those layers with scissors for 15 months. I just use a lot of coconut oil on them. They will get trimmed eventually. I trim 1/3 of the growth of the longest hairs so those layers will eventually get trimmed at some point. I want blunt ends.

I can do some up dos. I am also having bangs (that I am growing out) so those hairs don't need to reach my dos and that helps a bit. Without pins and clips I can do pigtails and a ponytail. With 2-4 pins I can do peacock twist with a comb or claw clip. I can also do a sock bun. I haven't tried double sock buns but I think I could do those as well. I also have a self made bun cover that I sometimes use on a scrunchie bun (and it looks like I have a long hair ) I can do double french or dutch braids too.

I am quite happy with my hair right now. I am growing from a very short pixie and it starts to feel like I actually have some hair again.
    1b/F/ii
    Started from a very short pixie at April 2011

Length
    Chin/Neck/Waist
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by KwaveT View Post
    My hair in back is shoulder plus but my on sides are chin length. I have got the entire journey to still go with my hair on the sides. There's no use in ponytailing until I can get more than the hair in the back into one.
    My hair is chin-length in front, and maybe an inch longer in back, because the back grows faster. I can either do a low ponystub with a TON of really long bangs, or I can do a high pony with no bangs, but I have to pin the back up because it's too short to reach. So you might be able to manage a high pony/high lazy bun. I know a lot of people don't to wear like high ponies though. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Neneka View Post
    I belong here! If I don't trim I am at shoulder after about one inch. I just have some shorter layers, some are at chin and they have startet to fairytale, I guess. There is no split ends. I haven't touched some of those layers with scissors for 15 months. I just use a lot of coconut oil on them. They will get trimmed eventually. I trim 1/3 of the growth of the longest hairs so those layers will eventually get trimmed at some point. I want blunt ends.

I can do some up dos. I am also having bangs (that I am growing out) so those hairs don't need to reach my dos and that helps a bit. Without pins and clips I can do pigtails and a ponytail. With 2-4 pins I can do peacock twist with a comb or claw clip. I can also do a sock bun. I haven't tried double sock buns but I think I could do those as well. I also have a self made bun cover that I sometimes use on a scrunchie bun (and it looks like I have a long hair ) I can do double french or dutch braids too.

I am quite happy with my hair right now. I am growing from a very short pixie and it starts to feel like I actually have some hair again.
    I am so with you on this one. It still kind of sucks that I can't do a full ponytail yet, but I am just SO RELIEVED to be past the year of awkward growing-out-a-pixie stages.
    Miss my ponytail.
    Undercut~chin~midneck~shoulder~collarbone~APL~BSL~waist

Length
    pixie/BSL/???
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii

I just micro-trimmed a little.. I don't see any difference LOL. But if I microtrim every 3 months or so, I hope my hair will look better in half a year or so.

Sigh, I'm so bored with it! When I started growing out my pixie I thought that this length I have now (a little longer than chin-length) would be amazing. And now I have it and I'm so bored of it! :P I need longer hair, loooonger!

pixie. bob. chin length. shoulder. collarbone. APL. BSL. Waist?
    My hair journal! & My portfolio