Page 3987 of 4454 FirstFirst ... 2987348738873937397739853986398739883989399740374087 ... LastLast
Results 39,861 to 39,870 of 44538

Thread: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

Default Re: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

SO SICK of picking hair off my clothes. It's so disgusting.
    Putting it in my signature because I have to say it so often:
    Do what works for your hair, not what other people say is "right" or "wrong." If it works for you, it's not wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it's not right.

Length
    APL/WL/HL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

I had a dream I was somehow able to dye my hair a nice deep red with henna and it was beautiful 🤔

Length
    pixie/14/40^
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

Rope braids have really jazzed me up about my hair again, I like the texture they give and how all layered and damaged bits seem to stay self contained. I can't wait until my hair long enough for one proper rope braid. Right now I can manage two pigtails but one unravels too quickly.
    "I am no bird; and no net ensnares me: I am a free human being with an independent will."

Length
    27.5"/41"/41"
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    Rope braids have really jazzed me up about my hair again, I like the texture they give and how all layered and damaged bits seem to stay self contained. I can't wait until my hair long enough for one proper rope braid. Right now I can manage two pigtails but one unravels too quickly.
    Have you tried a three strand rope braid vs. two? They can sometimes hold better.
    I woke up like this (brushing the top of my calves somehow??)

Length
    pixie/14/40^
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by knobbly View Post
    Have you tried a three strand rope braid vs. two? They can sometimes hold better.
    I have not but it's definitely worth looking in to, thank you!
    "I am no bird; and no net ensnares me: I am a free human being with an independent will."

Length
    HL/TBL/IDK
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

I was looking at my hair in the mirror. I've thought "oh, look, the braid waves are quite visible today". Then I realized I washed my hair yesterday and I've not braided my hair after, so I confused my natural texture for braid waves.

Length
    APL/40/48
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Bri-Chan View Post
    I was looking at my hair in the mirror. I've thought "oh, look, the braid waves are quite visible today". Then I realized I washed my hair yesterday and I've not braided my hair after, so I confused my natural texture for braid waves.
    Haha, I had a moment or two like that. Especially in the beginning, when I switched to a more hair friendly routine. I actually thought my braid waves had survived the hair wash lol

Length
    HL/TBL/IDK
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Finda View Post
    Haha, I had a moment or two like that. Especially in the beginning, when I switched to a more hair friendly routine. I actually thought my braid waves had survived the hair wash lol
    On my hair, braid waves are actually straighter than my natural texture. It's like my hair can't keep the braid shape, if it makes sense (the only way is to keep it in the same braid for at least a day or to braid when not dry yet). Yesterday I did something wrong with the styling, so my waves are milder, that's why I was confused

Length
    APL/40/48
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Bri-Chan View Post
    On my hair, braid waves are actually straighter than my natural texture. It's like my hair can't keep the braid shape, if it makes sense (the only way is to keep it in the same braid for at least a day or to braid when not dry yet). Yesterday I did something wrong with the styling, so my waves are milder, that's why I was confused
    Ah, the other way round, got it

Length
    chin/BSL/Floor
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii/iii

Well, it's settled. My hair just doesn't like protein much. You'd think my lengths would since I've bleached them in the past but it seems a definite no. I've been using the vanilla scented Maple Holistics Silk 18 shampoo and conditioner every couple washes and even with adding my usual Suave conditioner and Garnier leave-in after, it leaves my hair feeling noticably drier and tangly. A shame too. I love the smell so much!