Page 3565 of 4456 FirstFirst ... 25653065346535153555356335643565356635673575361536654065 ... LastLast
Results 35,641 to 35,650 of 44551

Thread: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

Length
    NL/APL/HL
    Type
    4a/C/ii/iii

Default Re: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

Quote Originally Posted by MoonRabbit View Post
    Has Aussie 3mm changed? Haven't used this product in about 2 years but decided to get a bottle. It has an avocado on it and now contains oil and it seemed to have lost its miracle feeling. Not sure if this is just a new product or reformulated version?
    I think something changed. I remember it being great 5 or so years ago. Tried it last year and it was completely meh.

Length
    ear/tbl/cl
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

I just got my yearly trim. I'm always surprised afterwards when brushing out the ends of my hair is easier

I tried to do a bunhawk for Halloween... this time with figure-8 buns instead of beebutt buns. I really like bunhawks, but you need pretty thick hair to pull them off (my puny little buns just don't cut it). *sigh*

In future, maybe with parandi to fill my hair out a bit (and they'll look festive, too). Especially if I can figure out a way to incorporate the parandi without having to braid the hair.
    Putting it in my signature because I have to say it so often:
    Do what works for your hair, not what other people say is "right" or "wrong." If it works for you, it's not wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it's not right.

Length
    BSL/floor/floor
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

You know when you're styling your hair, but you have to keep redoing it, and your arms ache more and more, and eventually you know you have to make it on this last attempt or your arms are gonna fall off???....
    I'm still recovering

Length
    WL/HL/KL
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post
    You know when you're styling your hair, but you have to keep redoing it, and your arms ache more and more, and eventually you know you have to make it on this last attempt or your arms are gonna fall off???....
    I'm still recovering
    Yup. And then I just give up and angrily do a LWB 😂

Length
    BSL/HL/???
    Type
    1b/1c/M/C/ii/iii

I'm still recovering
    So many times and I don't even have your impressive length, I'm just clumsy. Simple braid it is!

I never make enough henna for my root touchups, so then I'm scrambling to try to have enough for my hair so I don't have undyed blotches.... (Of course, if I wouldn't procrastinate on doing my root touchups until I have 4+" of a hair to touch up, I'd be less likely to have this problem, but it's such a pain in the rear to essentially give up an entire weekend day to sit around with plastic bag on my head that I can't help it...). Cross your fingers for me and wish me luck, because I'm not sure I got all the hair (a bit hard to tell by feel through the gloves, of course). Also, I couldn't find the tip to my dye bottle (you know, the kind with the pointy precision tip) so I hope I got everything down to my scalp in all spots (I'm less worried about the hair nearest the scalp though, frankly-- if I missed spots on that, i can always hit them next root touchup I do, but if I missed any close to my demarcation line, it'll be obvious, ridiculous-looking, and hard to fix.

And, of course, now my forehead and all sorts of things are orange. (Luckily, with my oily skin, it'll hopefully not stick around long, and I don't have too many places to go for the next couple of days. They'll just have to understand at dance class tomorrow, haha-- and since one of my classmates is newly a henna-head, she'll probably be able to commiserate, lol.)

All I want is lighter-colored natural hair so my henna is brighter! *sigh* All those years when I was a blonde kid wishing I had brown hair, and now I wish it was lighter again (maybe not super-light blonde, but lighter than it is. Also, when I was wishing for brown hair, I was wishing for normal brown hair, not ashy-brown-looks-almost-gray brown hair. How ashy hair showed up on someone who's a Warm, I don't know, but I'm pretty sure I inherit my hair color from my mom/her side of the family, who was more of a Cool).

I'm still recovering
    For me it's usually my frustration that gives out first or my arteries will explode from my blood pressure going through the roof! (Yesterday while trying to do my bunhawk, I had to actually walk away and do something else for a few minutes and then try again.)
    Putting it in my signature because I have to say it so often:
    Do what works for your hair, not what other people say is "right" or "wrong." If it works for you, it's not wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it's not right.

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Floor/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

I'm still recovering
    Yep, although my feeble arms want to fall off if I have to redo a simple bun once, twice at the very most. This is why I don't tend to learn many new styles, and when I do the practising usually has to be done over many days (unless I get the hang of it almost straight away).
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Length
    CBL/TBL/-
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Well today I won ~$150 of hair care stuff in a giveaway. I never win these things so that was cool.
    Caution: LHC-itis may become terminal.
    https://zestylonghair.wordpress.com

Length
    APL/Hip/FTL

That’s exciting. It’s fun to win stuff!! Especially stuff you’ll use!

My sister sent me a picture of her outfit yesterday (she went to a steam punk wedding on Halloween) and her hair got super long! It’s a solid MBL and nearing waist. Last time I saw her was in August and her hair must have been up. Before then it was probably Christmas. Last time I noticed her length it was probably around APL. Funny how hair grows. I need to see my sister more often lol