Page 351 of 842 FirstFirst ... 251301341349350351352353361401451 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,510 of 8413

Thread: What are you doing to/for your hair right now?

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Default Re: What are you doing to/for your hair right now?

Changing my updo to a coronet braid for exercising.

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    pixie/MBL/???
    Type
    1c/M/iii

Co-washing with a new conditioner, diluted with water and a few drops of eucalyptus essential oil and purple food coloring.

Length
    ChinL/WL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

I've just shampooed and conditioned my hair using Herbal Essence Shampoo for Permed and Color-Treated Hair, and the conditioner I used was Herbal Essence Color Me Happy Conditioner. Then I sprayed Isoplus Leave-In Conditioner as my leave-in. Now, I'm sitting here letting it air dry up to 4 or 5 hours. Next, I'm going to blow-dry it for only 5 minutes. Then, I will brush it and wear it hanging down until bedtime. Then, at bedtime I will wear it in a bun.

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

I applied a mixture of sweet almond, castor and vitamin E oils as well as peppermint and tea tree EOs on my scalp and massaged it upside down for a few minutes. Then I popped a shower cap on top and now I'm about to do a 20-minute exercise thingy to heat it up (and for my general well-being, of course).
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Instagram | Last.fm | Folk band | Acoustic metal duo | My links

Length
    NL/APL/HL
    Type
    4a/C/ii/iii

S&D... my trial period of wash-and-goes was a massive fail, and now I have ssks to answer for it. Now I know! Not even going to *think* about using gel in my hair again (unless it is to smooth down a bun).
    in a possibly permanent lurk mode

I just washed my hair with DevaCurl's No-Poo Decadence, deep conditioned using their One Condition Decadence and my Hot Head Thermal Acinditioning cap for around 20 minutes, then on soaking wet hair, I took small section at a time and applied Qhemet Biologics Burdock Root Buttercream to my hair, detailed using my Denmsn Brush, and repeated these steps until I had finished my entire family head, and then I put my hair into a low bun, applied my satin bonnet over my head and now my hair is air drying. I switched to using a non-Shea butter and coconut oil based cream styler, because I started to see white residue from the Shea butter in my hair after a while, and my hair just wasn't staying moisturized like I needed it to. One day it would feel moisturized and then the next day, it would be back to feeling dry, Shea butter is a very heavy butter and it seems at least on my hair to not provide long-lasting moisturization to my hair at all. Plus, it causes a level of buildup in the hair that only increases during my time in-between hair washes. When I have recently used a styling cream that has coconut oil and Shea butter in it, my hair will feel moisturized on top, but then dry underneath, and I will still be dealing with buildup issues over time. The two cream stylers that I'm referring to, happen to be Melanin Hair Care's Twist Elongating Styling Cream (largely Shea butter based) and Eden BodyWorks Natural Curl Defining Creme (largely Shea butter and coconut oil based). I'm not saying that these two products are bad. But, in order to successfully use them, I will need to use shampoo in order to effectively remove remove all traces of these products from my hair, because I don't think that using the No-Poo method works best with these stylers. So, when I do use them in the future, I will use a sulfate free shampoo to complete cleanse these very thick creamy products from out of my hair.

The Burdock ButterCream is all natural, is 100% compatible with the No Poo Method which I'm currently on, and it contains one of all time favorite ingredients for the hair that I've ever found which is MSM. And, the products leaves absolutely no residue behind. It is on the pricey side, but it is worth every penny, for sure, especially if you have curly hair that is naturally very dry and inn need of constant moisture.
    "To God Be All The Glory"

Quote Originally Posted by blackgothicdoll View Post
    S&D... my trial period of wash-and-goes was a massive fail, and now I have ssks to answer for it. Now I know! Not even going to *think* about using gel in my hair again (unless it is to smooth down a bun).
    What gel or gels were you using that caused such problems for you? I've gone through using so many different styling gels both inexpensive and expensive, and all they do is dry my hair out no matter what (some a whole lot more than others). Which is why, I now much prefer to use a creamy based styler in my hair. I don't deal with knots, tangles are non-existent at this point (however I do use a Denman Brush to detangle my hair thoroughly with), and I only endure very minimal shedding. And, I don't have to worry about having any type of crunch to my hair, as my hair feels soft to the touch and stays frizz free. Not all styling creams are alike though, but when you find a god one, definitely stick with it. I presently use Qhemet Biologics Burdock Root Buttercream on my hair. I have my hair in a bun, and I don't even need gel to keep my edges in check, as the cream works excellent for that as well. Howeve, there's always edge controls that you can use on your edges in place of gel, which would be a much healthier alternative overall.
    "To God Be All The Glory"

Length
    NL/APL/HL
    Type
    4a/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Reservechic View Post
    What gel or gels were you using that caused such problems for you? I've gone through using so many different styling gels both inexpensive and expensive, and all they do is dry my hair out no matter what (some a whole lot more than others). Which is why, I now much prefer to use a creamy based styler in my hair. I don't deal with knots, tangles are non-existent at this point (however I do use a Denman Brush to detangle my hair thoroughly with), and I only endure very minimal shedding. And, I don't have to worry about having any type of crunch to my hair, as my hair feels soft to the touch and stays frizz free. Not all styling creams are alike though, but when you find a god one, definitely stick with it. I presently use Qhemet Biologics Burdock Root Buttercream on my hair. I have my hair in a bun, and I don't even need gel to keep my edges in check, as the cream works excellent for that as well. Howeve, there's always edge controls that you can use on your edges in place of gel, which would be a much healthier alternative overall.
    I tried the Olive Oil Ecostyler, La Bella, and Trepadora Papaya slip taming potion. The Trepadora was definitely on the pricier side, with nice ingredients but yeah, like you it just dried up my hair something awful. I thought it would crumble off in my hands.

The odd thing is that my hair HATES cream-based stylers. I've tried Cantu, Shea Moisture, Melanin hair cream... ok so not a lot, but the same results were hair that was immediately coated, dry and a mass of frizz. They feel far too heavy. My rule is if water and shea butter are together in the first 5 ingredients, it isn't going to work. It is odd as my hair is an entire class tighter than yours, but most type 4s also like these products. Just not my picky hair.

The ingredients in that burdock root cream look good, they don't sound too heavy, but it is a little more pricey than I'm willing to try. I think I will always need gel for the edges and the top layer of my hair though!
    in a possibly permanent lurk mode

Length
    28MBL/39TB+/Term
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Right now my hair is in my sleep cap whose use I finally managed to customize for me. lol If I wear it as it's meant to be worn, that ends up being too humid with my scalp heat. So, since I also have the terrible habit of leaving the TV on to fall asleep, I pull the sleeping cap (slouchy) forward to hoodwink over my eyes lol This loosens the elastic edge, instead of it hugging my face, it's loose covering part of my face. Two birds with one stone here. Being hoodwinked keeps harmful TV/computer screen lights from messing with my sleep, and that position allows fresh air to flow through, giving me the protection of a sleep cap without the mugginess and next day flat greasiness I otherwise would have gotten. Win win!
    Lady Arimed, Battle-Healer of the Well of Sláine in the Order of the Long Haired Knights.

Length
    Pixie/ftl/knee
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii

Detangled, massaged my scalp, did a herbal wash, forgot to roo.. Too many steps. Now I'm doing smt deep conditioning. Feels weird, I'm expecting some itching but nothing. I'm like waiting for it... But no. Awesome. This has never happened before. My scalp usually doesn't like deep conditioning. But I usually use commercional products. Now I feel stupid.
    Let it grow, let it grow, don't cut or fry it anymore,
    Let it grow, let it grow, turn away from silicones
    ...clogged drains never bothered me anyway.