Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334

Thread: the Tawny Support Group

Length
    Buzz/APL/Waist
    Type
    2b/F/M/iii

Default Re: the Tawny Support Group

I've been growing out henna for a year and a half and just took some pics today as I've hit 6" virgin regrowth. Is this tawny? https://imgur.com/a/EHxz5pD
    Buzz - Pixie - Bob - Shoulder - CBL - APL - MBL - Waist - Hip

Quote Originally Posted by stardust lady View Post
    I've been growing out henna for a year and a half and just took some pics today as I've hit 6" virgin regrowth. Is this tawny? https://imgur.com/a/EHxz5pD
    I would say so! It’s very similar to mine, which could get really confusing

Length
    Buzz/APL/Waist
    Type
    2b/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Stardust View Post
    I would say so! It’s very similar to mine, which could get really confusing
    Ha! Well it's a good thing I had the mods reverse my username lol. Was yours always tawny? Mine was more auburn growing up.

Ha! Well it's a good thing I had the mods reverse my username lol. Was yours always tawny? Mine was more auburn growing up.
    Yes so was mine, a couple of different hairdressers told me mine was auburn. I felt that it was more warm brown though. It would shine cherry red in the sun. These days it shines copper in sunlight.

Length
    Buzz/APL/Waist
    Type
    2b/F/M/iii

Yes so was mine, a couple of different hairdressers told me mine was auburn. I felt that it was more warm brown though. It would shine cherry red in the sun. These days it shines copper in sunlight.
    I've always thought of myself as a brunette too, it only looked ginger part of the time. Certain lighting looked more ashy/neutral. It's pretty ashy now but it seems like there's still a bit of warmth left. I'd be happy either way at this point - I've grown to like the look of neutral hair. Cherry red sounds awesome though, would love to see a pic of that.

I've always thought of myself as a brunette too, it only looked ginger part of the time. Certain lighting looked more ashy/neutral. It's pretty ashy now but it seems like there's still a bit of warmth left. I'd be happy either way at this point - I've grown to like the look of neutral hair. Cherry red sounds awesome though, would love to see a pic of that.
    My hair really does sound similar! I have that same neutral/warm thing happening. Although that is also the case with my skin tone.

I don’t think I’ve got pictures of the cherry red in sunlight. I think I last saw that in the 80s when we used film in cameras and didn’t take as many photos

Length
    Buzz/APL/Waist
    Type
    2b/F/M/iii

My hair really does sound similar! I have that same neutral/warm thing happening. Although that is also the case with my skin tone.

I don’t think I’ve got pictures of the cherry red in sunlight. I think I last saw that in the 80s when we used film in cameras and didn’t take as many photos
    Oh so true. Me and my sibling just found boxes of old photos, and since they are older than me there are far less pictures of them. Not due to lack of love but just lack of convenience

That's funny, my skin tone is also puzzling. Sometimes it looks super cool toned and sometimes very warm. I tried to buy foundation once but nobody at Sephora would agree on warm vs cool, so I figure I must be neutral. The interaction of light and pigment is fun. I don't mind being a chameleon.

Oh so true. Me and my sibling just found boxes of old photos, and since they are older than me there are far less pictures of them. Not due to lack of love but just lack of convenience

That's funny, my skin tone is also puzzling. Sometimes it looks super cool toned and sometimes very warm. I tried to buy foundation once but nobody at Sephora would agree on warm vs cool, so I figure I must be neutral. The interaction of light and pigment is fun. I don't mind being a chameleon.
    It was the cost of developing photos too!

I had colour analysis done and I’m an autumn (warm) but the cool/deep end of the spectrum. Dark saturated warm colours are best on me. Finding foundation is really difficult. Well cruelty free brands anyway.

Length
    Buzz/APL/Waist
    Type
    2b/F/M/iii

That's awesome, I've always wanted to have professional color analysis done. My best colors seem to be in the Warm Spring category. I did some draping at home in natural light and posted the images to a color analysis group and that kind of helped me because I never would have tried spring colors on myself. I thought I was a soft autumn for the longest time, but I just don't have enough contrast so the muted colors totally wash me out.

Length
    44/55/knie
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Hi,

I'm not really new to the LHC but to this section, and this is the first time I read the word tawny ever in my life (I'm not of English mothertongue). In the starter post of this thread I read that this thread is about the color between brown and blonde, but some of the words to describe the color there were "honey, golden, whiskey, rum" indicating for me that it is a rather warm color, is it? I have also heard the word "Bronde" to describe that color nowadays.

I'm a very cool medium ash-blonde, also cool from the skin type and the eyes, but I don't find a thread for this here. I have also red highlights, but they are not warm. When I hold brass things against my hair like spin pins in this color, one can clearly see the red part in the hair color. So am I right in this thread?