Page 3100 of 4456 FirstFirst ... 210026003000305030903098309931003101310231103150320036004100 ... LastLast
Results 30,991 to 31,000 of 44551

Thread: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

Length
    NL/APL/HL
    Type
    4a/C/ii/iii

Default Re: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

Quote Originally Posted by MoonRabbit View Post
    Do you use the coconut milk and aloe vera one? Because I'm on my second bottle of trying it out and to me it smells like ( this may sound crazy) stink bug. I was so confused the first time I tried it, and I thought it must have been a bad batch or something but the second bottle smells the same. The smell for me is a little off putting but it works okay so I keep using it.
    It smells sweet and coconut-y to me. I've never smelled a stink bug but I don't think we'd call them stink bugs if they smelled like coconuts LOL. It might just be a palette thing, there are some scents that others process differently. I'm not a fan of coconut scents, but I definitely don't think it smells bad, and I'm generally sensitive to fragrance that's not derived from essential oils.

eta: I went back and sniffed my bottle, there is kind of an odd undertone in the scent. I remember thinking that the first time I smelled it, but then I got used to it. That might be it. It seems to smell better once its in my hair.

-

Another random thought, one of my friends texted me asking me to do a photoshoot in like, 2 or 3 hours. I gave him a random excuse but he's persistent. My problem is, there's nothing I could possibly do to get my hair photoshoot ready in 3 hours. I could straighten it, but I'm trying to stop doing that, I don't wanna risk damage, and I figure we'll be outside and it'll get all poofy and gross in minutes. I hate having to cancel/not make plans based on the state of my hair, but really not sure what else I can do.
    Last edited by blackgothicdoll; May 25th, 2019 at 01:35 PM.
    in a possibly permanent lurk mode

Length
    birth/CLASS/long
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Do you use the coconut milk and aloe vera one? Because I'm on my second bottle of trying it out and to me it smells like ( this may sound crazy) stink bug. I was so confused the first time I tried it, and I thought it must have been a bad batch or something but the second bottle smells the same. The smell for me is a little off putting but it works okay so I keep using it.
    I use the coconut milk one and its so perfumey. First couple of times I used it and it made me have allergies but I got used to it.

How can I control my life when I can't even control my hair!

Length
    bsl/CL/ftl
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by blackgothicdoll View Post
    It smells sweet and coconut-y to me. I've never smelled a stink bug but I don't think we'd call them stink bugs if they smelled like coconuts LOL. It might just be a palette thing, there are some scents that others process differently. I'm not a fan of coconut scents, but I definitely don't think it smells bad, and I'm generally sensitive to fragrance that's not derived from essential oils.

eta: I went back and sniffed my bottle, there is kind of an odd undertone in the scent. I remember thinking that the first time I smelled it, but then I got used to it. That might be it. It seems to smell better once its in my hair.
    Yeah that could be it. The oddness doesn't last in the hair or anything so at least that is good lol. I can hardly smell any coconut in it, and I'm also not the biggest fan of coconut scents, not that I dislike the smell, I just think it is so overused in the hair care world. It certainly is a strange one, but at least it has killer slip!
    ​You Zarkin Frood

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by blackgothicdoll View Post
    Another random thought, one of my friends texted me asking me to do a photoshoot in like, 2 or 3 hours. I gave him a random excuse but he's persistent. My problem is, there's nothing I could possibly do to get my hair photoshoot ready in 3 hours. I could straighten it, but I'm trying to stop doing that, I don't wanna risk damage, and I figure we'll be outside and it'll get all poofy and gross in minutes. I hate having to cancel/not make plans based on the state of my hair, but really not sure what else I can do.
    Can you adjust the photoshoot to your hair instead? Make it a poofy and gross photoshoot?
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Instagram | Last.fm | Folk band | Acoustic metal duo | My links

Length
    24+/TBL/E=mc2
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

It's my HG conditioner, too, that I use for COing or final, decadent conditioner when WCC, but it smelt off-putting to me from the first bottle (been using it for a few years now), so I've added EOs ever since (mentioned in my quoted post below). It's not the worst one I've used (that was a herbal one I'd never buy again, even though it was lovely with my hair), but I really don't like the scent at all (I'm uber sensitive, with some things causing or worsening migraines). I guess it really is an individual thing.

My thoughts from 2017 in the TRESEMMÉ Botanique thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Crystawni View Post
    I commented in the TRESemmé PERFECTLY (UN)DONE thread, but thought I'd mosey on over to here with my experience with this. Firstly, it's known as TRESEMMÉ Botanique Restore & Shine here in Australia, and secondly, I it for COing!

I'd tried the TRESEMMÉ Perfectly [Un]Done Conditioner previously for COing, but it was too rich for my scalp and left it with a coated feeling that turned oily within hours, so that was relegated to length only. It's not bad on the length, but I found the Naturals one was better. Now, though, this Botanique Restore & Shine rivals my HG Joico K-Pak (coney) cond. for COing. It seems to be a drier formula than the PU by the feel of it, while still giving my hair softness (good slip), great shine and root-lift. And there's no heaviness or gunky crown that I was getting with every other conditioner I'd tried for CO, apart from the K-Pak. The only thing I'm not too keen on is the strong artificial coconut fragrance. It's similar to the smell of OGX Coconut Milk Cond, but is missing some sweetness to mellow and beachify it, so I've tweaked it with some Frangipani, Ylang Ylang, Poison and Opium EOs. Now the scent is barely noticeable, which is good for my migrainey head--although I could be confuzzled by blendiness as I'm surrounded by coconut palms, frangipani trees and the beach... So far, I've used diluted Botanique on my scalp, the PU on my length, then rinsed, then used undiluted Botanique on my length before rinsing again. The shine is something I haven't seen in a while with just a conditioner, and the frizziness (yay tropical humidity!! ) became sleek softness over the hours as my hair dried.

So now I've used it a few times, I can say my hair and scalp are singing! My hair's less floaty, full-on shiny, while curls are bouncy and smooth. It feels soooo soft and tangle-free! No knots. No snags. Just a whole heap of glide-through heftiness. I'm getting a few days at least between washes as well, which is my happy-place. It's rivalling the K-Pak so much, the poor ol' K-Pak is withering in the corner. Yay, because that stuff was waaaay too pricey (for me)!
    Lady Soreil, Fey-Born Bard in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    ~spider silk fine, 4.5" pony circ.~

~Back from Tippy Fingers to the Buttzone, yet forever onwards through varied hues of Tawny Trails, towards ye Crystal Cascades~

Length
    0 in!/37 in/??
    Type
    2a/F/ii/iii

My boyfriend lost my beloved Ficcare today It was totally an accident so I hold nothing against him and didn't want to make a big deal in front of him because I knew he felt super guilty but honestly I'm pretty upset about it. I got it off a listing here very inexpensively, as I've never been able to justify paying full price for one. But I think I will shell out and get myself a new one when I have the funds because that was my go-to hair toy for overnight shifts (I could snooze a bit with my head back and still be comfortable and look presentable afterwards. Ah well, I just needed to vent. RIP Ficcare ;.;
    back after a long hiatuscurrent length-TBLstill inching towards classic

Secretly a Bald Dude AmaryllisRed's Avatar
    Length
    MBL/CBL/cheez
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by blesseddamozel View Post
    My boyfriend lost my beloved Ficcare today It was totally an accident so I hold nothing against him and didn't want to make a big deal in front of him because I knew he felt super guilty but honestly I'm pretty upset about it. I got it off a listing here very inexpensively, as I've never been able to justify paying full price for one. But I think I will shell out and get myself a new one when I have the funds because that was my go-to hair toy for overnight shifts (I could snooze a bit with my head back and still be comfortable and look presentable afterwards. Ah well, I just needed to vent. RIP Ficcare ;.;
    Oh no! I'm so sorry.

Length
    Pixie/Hip/TB
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I just got the Tresseme Botanique coconut and aloe yesterday because I love the smell in my daughter's hair. I love coconut smell, but lots of fake coconut smells like play doh to me.....this has a faint sandal wood fragrance to me. It is weird how we can smell it differently.
    While we were yet sinners Christ died for us. ~~~ 30" 01/01/18~~~34" 01/01/2019~~~37" 01/01/2020

Length
    24”/33.5"/39"
    Type
    1a/F/i

I think I get the same amount of splits wearing my hair up, as when I wear it down. From handling it more, maybe! I also wonder whether My ficcare style clip (mimco clip identical to ficcare) damages my hair sometimes if I’m not super careful when putting it in/removing.
    APL - BSL - *MBL* - WL - HL - TBL
    Last trim: 12th March 2021
    Pantene fanatic, sulphate and silicone lover

Length
    24”/33.5"/39"
    Type
    1a/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by vpatt View Post
    I just got the Tresseme Botanique coconut and aloe yesterday because I love the smell in my daughter's hair. I love coconut smell, but lots of fake coconut smells like play doh to me.....this has a faint sandal wood fragrance to me. It is weird how we can smell it differently.
    YES. Or some might smell nice for a while, then if you use something else and go back to it later it might not smell as good as you used to think it did.
    APL - BSL - *MBL* - WL - HL - TBL
    Last trim: 12th March 2021
    Pantene fanatic, sulphate and silicone lover