Page 3063 of 4456 FirstFirst ... 206325632963301330533061306230633064306530733113316335634063 ... LastLast
Results 30,621 to 30,630 of 44551

Thread: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

Length
    24+/TBL/E=mc2
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Default Re: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

Quote Originally Posted by Ylva View Post
    Yep, just found that out on Google as well. But what am I supposed to do, then? Those "satin pillowcases" I got both feel like regular cotton pillowcases. How am I ever going to get what I want?
    Mayhaps it's silk you're looking for? There are different weights in silk as well that effect its stiffness and heft (from floaty to drapey), but I think if you look for silk satin (product + weave) you'd be on the right track.
    Lady Soreil, Fey-Born Bard in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    ~spider silk fine, 4.5" pony circ.~

~Back from Tippy Fingers to the Buttzone, yet forever onwards through varied hues of Tawny Trails, towards ye Crystal Cascades~

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Crystawni View Post
    Mayhaps it's silk you're looking for? There are different weights in silk as well that effect its stiffness and heft (from floaty to drapey), but I think if you look for silk satin (product + weave) you'd be on the right track.
    I'm after the silky kind of satin. That stuff when people say that yeah silk or satin pillowcases are so good for hair. But I was going after satin because it seems to be cheaper than silk. I will look into silk satin! Thank you.
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Instagram | Last.fm | Folk band | Acoustic metal duo | My links

Secretly a Bald Dude AmaryllisRed's Avatar
    Length
    MBL/CBL/cheez
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Yep, just found that out on Google as well. But what am I supposed to do, then? Those "satin pillowcases" I got both feel like regular cotton pillowcases. How am I ever going to get what I want?
    Well I learned something today! I thought satin was a fabric. Whoops!

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Floor/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

I'm after the silky kind of satin. That stuff when people say that yeah silk or satin pillowcases are so good for hair. But I was going after satin because it seems to be cheaper than silk. I will look into silk satin! Thank you.
    My chinese satin pillowcases are 100% polyester. If you search for 'silky satin' that should throw up the right kind of thing - though the eBay listings for mine did of course say silk (ha, as if!) [To clarify, the listing title was ''blah blah silk satin blah blah ... ', not just ''silk pillowcase'.]
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by MusicalSpoons View Post
    My chinese satin pillowcases are 100% polyester. If you search for 'silky satin' that should throw up the right kind of thing - though the eBay listings for mine did of course say silk (ha, as if!) [To clarify, the listing title was ''blah blah silk satin blah blah ... ', not just ''silk pillowcase'.]
    I've got my eye on one titled "Hot Solid Queen/Standard Silk~y Satin Pillow Case Bedding Pillowcase Smooth Home". Seems like this could be something! I'll order it on my payday.

Estas mi Esperantist' languagenut's Avatar
    Length
    baby/bcl/dunno
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Katsura View Post
    I think I'm going to try some birch sap for hair rinsing, hubby is already making plans to run it for me.
    I'd love to try, too! It's in many Urtekram products and some silly part of me thinks it's best to use remedies that are native to your geographical and cultural area. At the very least it makes me feel connected to the earth and my ancestors.
    This is the first I've heard of using sap in hair. What is it supposed to do? Is birch sap not super sticky? (most of my experience with tree sap is from pine and fir, and that would probably take weeks to get out of one's hair, lol)
    Lady Kulisa, Speaker of the Mystic Tongues in the Order of the Long Haired Knights.
    ~ Make your own bead-topped hair sticks! ~

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by languagenut View Post
    This is the first I've heard of using sap in hair. What is it supposed to do? Is birch sap not super sticky? (most of my experience with tree sap is from pine and fir, and that would probably take weeks to get out of one's hair, lol)
    I think you might be thinking of resin. That stuff is super sticky indeed and I had my share of it in my hair as a kid. Goodness, I remember one time I visited my grandma and my dad and I roamed the woods. Somehow I managed to get a ton of resin in my hair. : My mom managed to wash it out in the sink, though, so I was spared from a buzz cut. Honestly, I don’t know if their sap is like that, too. Could be. But bird sap is runny and watery. I think it’s supposed to have moisturising properties at least. But I think I might resort to drinking it instead, it’s very nutritious and healthy.

Length
    APL/Waist/?
    Type
    1a/1b/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by languagenut View Post
    From what I've read about it the runny sap or juice (maybe to call it sap is mistranslation made by me) that is collected from birches in springtime is said to slow down the ageing of skin cells and activate the development of fibroblasts. It has trace elements like kalium, calcium, magnesium, mangane and fruit acids, proteins and enzymes. Hair is said to stay soft and it is said to add volume, strenght and shine.

I have no concrete experience, but I shall experiment it.

I also think what's nice about it is that it's organic and when you run it yourself you get it fresh and know exactly where it came from.
    Last edited by Katsura; April 26th, 2019 at 11:30 PM. Reason: Added something

APL --- BSL --- MBL --- Waist --- Hip --- TBL --->

Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Why is my hair always breaking from proteïn ? I see lot of breakage after using products with too much proteïn in it. My hair feels soft but is poofy at this time.

I am thinking about buying the wet brush but I don't know what model should be nice for my hairtype, any suggestions from this link?

https://www.hbb24.be/merken/the-wet-...RoCIVAQAvD_BwE
    Last edited by summergame; April 27th, 2019 at 02:47 AM.

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

I get the feeling that the longer my hair gets, the better I like it. I'm sure this is a Good Thing.
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR