Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Naked' products

Length
    chin/hip/tbl
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Default Re: 'Naked' products

Quote Originally Posted by faellen View Post
    Well I used my Naked shampoo, conditioner and heat protectant today. I bought this set.

So far I'm impressed with the results; my hair feels really nice. The conditioner is great, I'm a big fan!

But I'm not 100% about the shampoo... I'm finding the switch to non-SLS rather difficult, as I like working shampoo up into lather and find it hard to do this with the Naked one, meaning I end up using more product than I'd like. My bottle will be used up in no time at this rate!
    What helped me with the shampoo is mixing. Put a bit in a small bottle, fill it up with water, shake it and apply it on your hair. You can then do a second round using less shampoo if needed. Hope that helps!

may the forks be with you faellen's Avatar
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by papera View Post
    What helped me with the shampoo is mixing. Put a bit in a small bottle, fill it up with water, shake it and apply it on your hair. You can then do a second round using less shampoo if needed. Hope that helps!
    Thanks for the tip, I will try it!

Length
    16/21/30
    Type
    1c/F/ii

I'm going to go smell the products and maybe try the shampoo.
    Growing my natural hair color since 1st of July 2016.

SL - CBL - APL - BSL - WL - HL - BCL - TBL - CL

tangle teezer evangelist freckles's Avatar
    Length
    26/tb/tb
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by pepperminttea View Post
    I read a rave review on the Smooth Silky conditioner for Straight or Longer hair from Freckles I think it was, and tried it. Love it! I have it in my regular rotation now. I normally get it from Boots, but I may have to give this a look too for that discount. I've never tried their other products, but I'm looking for a gentle shampoo... hmm.

My only issue is with the tube packaging, it's a bit of a nightmare with wet hands, and I can't get the last little bit out - so I cut open the tube and empty it into a tub with my fingers. Bit messy, but does the job!
    yeah that was me, I absolutely adoooore that conditioner, it's the best.

For UK-ers, Naked standard size shampoo and conditioners go on offer in Boots regularly. I never buy them full price since they're on offer so often. Unfortunately their other stuff never goes on offer, boooo.
    don't know whether your hair is brown or red? us neither!
    hit my length goal of tailbone ... now learning to maintain and aiming to reduce split ends!

Type
    1b/F/M/ii

OK, I've decided I really don't like this shampoo. It seems to leave my roots greasy. I am thoroughly rinsing my hair, but I still get this horrible greasy feeling. It can't be the conditioner because I only use that on my lengths.

So, my verdict is, I love the Smooth Silky condish. I'll definitely keep using that in my routine occasionally. But the shampoo is a dud for me.

Easily Enabled
    Length
    24"/~40"/~40"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

I've been getting on quite well with the Sensitive shampoo using it undiluted. Doesn't upset my scalp or psoriasis at all, and has successfully taken out heavy EVOO and coconut oilings. I haven't been brave enough to try diluting it yet, but so far so good.

Sorry you didn't get on well with the Smooth Silky shampoo faellen; I've never tried the shampoo, matching my products never seems to go well for me. The conditioner is lovely though.

Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by pepperminttea View Post
    I've been getting on quite well with the Sensitive shampoo using it undiluted. Doesn't upset my scalp or psoriasis at all, and has successfully taken out heavy EVOO and coconut oilings. I haven't been brave enough to try diluting it yet, but so far so good.

Sorry you didn't get on well with the Smooth Silky shampoo faellen; I've never tried the shampoo, matching my products never seems to go well for me. The conditioner is lovely though.
    The conditioner I am really impressed with, it's really lovely. Shame about the shampoo but hey ho! It was good to try it out. Maybe I will try the sensitive shampoo! Glad it's working for you

Length
    APL/Hip +/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

I tried this last year was hoping for great things but it dried the hell out of my hair
    APL 2010 BSL JUL 2010 WSL 2011 HIP 2013 Going for Tailbone December 2017

Length
    36/42/42+
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Naked have 50% off at the moment until tuesday using the code JUBILEE50 just so you know.
    I used to use Naked when I was more frivolous with my money, then I realised I couldn't afford it. But now it's on offer I'll probably stock up.
    On the long journey past Classic length onto Knee length and happy hair....
    Heat free | La Riche Directions for Colour

Length
    ???/Hip?/TB
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

Well after reading this thread I decided to try some of the Naked products, and I was AMAZED by the Gorgeous Curls cream and Divine Curls serum.

My hair gets incredibly frizzy as it dries, it just does and nothing has ever managed to stop it going poofy. However, I seem to have found a great routine that (so far) has worked brilliantky every time:
    First I apply some Gorgeous Curls cream to my soaking wet hair after washing it, finger-comb to distribute the product, then squeeze out excess water. I let my hair air dry for about 10mn with a towel across my shoulders/back, then I smooth a little Divine Curls serum from root to end, wait another 10mn or so, then apply a couple of drops of camellia oil.

Results: soft, shiny and, most importantly, FRIZZ FREE hair with defined curls and waves!