View Poll Results: How Feminine Is Your Style?

Voters
1173. You may not vote on this poll
  • Not feminine at all

75 6.39%
  • A bit feminine

370 31.54%
  • Feminine

353 30.09%
  • Very feminine

273 23.27%
  • Extremely feminine

102 8.70%
Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: How Feminine Is Your Style?

Swedish-Italian Anglophile lost in Florida
    Length
    shldr/APL/WL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

Default Re: How Feminine Is Your Style?

I voted very feminine, but it can vary widely... although I love high heels and dresses, always wear make up and take too long getting ready in the morning, sometimes I feel like wearing a t-shirt with a band name and I do wear jeans most days. Last few years I've had more male friends than female, really, and I do strength training. Maybe I should have put my vote in the middle - I don't feel like I'm in the middle though, I feel like I'm in both extremes at the same time...
    Madame Bovary's Basement * ~ * ~ * ~ Transatlantic Impressions * ~ * ~ * ~ My facebook

Shoulder - APL - BSL - waist - hip - tailbone

Length
    17/BSL+/Waist
    Type
    1c/F/ii

I change into basketball shorts or sweatpants and oversized t-shirt or hoodie the minute I get home from class. I hate heels, hate perfume, hate purses, and I hate jewelry.

That said, I won't leave my apartment without putting on mascara and eyeliner, and I try (key word, try) to look cute for class. I have a lot of pink and purple clothing. I love dresses, so dressing up for fancy occasions is fun for me. I like wearing my hair down too. So I voted "feminine".

Length
    28/tlb/tlb
    Type
    2b/2c/C/ii

I don't know what "feminine" feel like but likely I'm not. Even in a skirt or dress I'm not unless I fake act it. I'm not "masculine" either, just neutral.

Though there is that picture of me at 12 in a very flowery sundress, sitting like a thug with a lovely I'll beat you up if you cross me expression.

Indian Herb Article Wstern Herb Article 2b/C/ii/iii .
    Lady Aes Cyprium, Potionmaker and Alchemist to the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Chin/bsl/dunno
    Type
    1b/M/C/ii

Not at all, I wear boy jeans with neon girl shirts, that are covered by my jackets, and I generally act like a guy. I wear unisex shoes, and a lot of times I'm mistaken for a guy. I sometimes miss wearing dresses and stuff, though.
    Lady Eutychia of the Joyous Heart in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!
    I'm a super lurker!

Length
    short/BCL/knees
    Type
    1b/F/M/iii

I am not super feminine at all but i do love skirts (almost all i ever wear) & other "girly" things. Mostly tho i am kind of neutral, i guess.

Length
    apl/thigh/thigh
    Type
    1a/1b/M/C/ii/iii

I consider things that are cute or girly as feminine. In my own opinion I think I look a bit boyish so I try to counter it by wearing and dressing in feminine accessories and clothing. So I voted very feminine. If I had money I would be buying fluffy frilly skirts and lacy shirts
    Almost there!

Type
    2c/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Hiriel View Post
    I voted "a bit feminine", but it'd be more accurate to say "occasionally feminine". Most of the time I wear jeans and t-shirts, and though they are women's jeans and fitted t-shirts, it's hardly a very feminine style. But sometimes I dress a lot more feminine. Not often though.
    Same here. I don't dress feminine very often, but when I dress up I tend to be very feminine. I sometimes go for the whole 50s pinup look.

Last of the Brunnen-G kwaniesiam's Avatar
    Length
    bald/mop/long!
    Type
    2b/2c/F/i/ii

I voted feminine because I can go both ways. Some days I'll be a total tomboy and others I'll get dressed up quite a bit. I like wearing makeup and doing my nails and such but you won't find me in a dress or a skirt every day. I'm a jeans and sneakers type of person usually.
    Your neighborhood LHC-friendly hair stylist Anyone is always free to PM me if they have any questions they think I might be able to help with, hair or otherwise!

Length
    ~APL/26.5/34 in
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Just a bit feminine....in that I like to wear women's clothes, but I don't really wear skirts or heels or a lot of makeup. It's very subjective, though.

Length
    ShL/BSL/WL
    Type
    2c/M/ii/iii

I voted 'Very Feminine', because that's my tendency in terms of clothing: I very often wear solely skirts or dresses for days at a time, and like the versatility of feminine clothes. In terms of my appearance and grooming I'm quite traditionally girly too. It's not necessarily a pre-meditated intention to look feminine though, it's just what I like and what suits me (for example, many women look fantastic when dressed androgynously, but androgyny only works for me in small doses).

However, I must add that I feel to a certain extent concepts of 'femininity' and 'masculinity' are cultural and societal constructs. Whether in terms of appearance or behaviour, people shouldn't necessarily feel defined or restricted by their gender, and I think that there is still a huge amount of pressure in our society to conform to traditional gender roles and stereotypes.
    Last edited by DivineComedian; October 21st, 2010 at 04:22 PM.