Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: which side of the family do you get your hair from?

Length
    short/BCL/knees
    Type
    1b/F/M/iii

Default Re: which side of the family do you get your hair from?

My dad, fer sure. He has thick hair and my mom's is thinner. He still doesn't have much gray yet either so i am hoping i get that from him too!

Lover of Rainbows & Curls Quixii's Avatar
    Length
    0?/knee+/knee
    Type
    3a/F/M/ii/iii

Both my parents had blonde hair as a kid, which then darkened to brown by adulthood. Mine's still blonde (my mom's was brown by now, I don't remember about my dad), so I'm not sure what to say about that.
    My mom's side of the family all had straight or wavy hair. My curly hair definitely comes from my dad. He probably has 3a/3b, if not completely 3b curls. He keeps it a bit too short to tell completely.
    Knee+ length! Lady Gelôs, Keeper of the Silken Aulaeum in the Order of the Long Haired Knights <3

Length
    Buzz/SL/WL
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

I got the texture from my father for sure, my mother had much coarser hair yhan me. But i'm not to sure about rhe colour... Both my parents had really dark hair, black and dark brown. But i'm sort of dark blonde with honey streaks. My guess is my grandmother on my fathers side, or maybe the milkman?

Length
    25.60/33.29/35.45
    Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

I got my hair from my mom's side; which is partial cool. They have thicker and more hair, but get white (not grey, directly white) early. My Grandmom (97y) still has a lot of hair which makes me happy.
    My father is nearly 70 now and has thin hair but no bold patches and not 1 hair grey.......

≈ωаѵєs оŋ τнє оcєаŋ≈ xoxophelia's Avatar
    Length
    26"/35"/waist
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

I guess I get my color from my mom's side and the texture from my dad's. I thought my hair was curlier but it turns out that was just damage. It is only loose waves

~~embracing nature's waves~~
    instagram: monophonatic

Type
    1b/1c/M/C/iii

I don't know where I get my hair from since I'm adopted and we don't know my birth father at all, and we barely know my birth mother (oh well, I don't really care much at all anyway since my parents to me are the ones who adopted me)

Length
    chin/MB/Hip
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

I got a bit of both, the frizziness and wave I get from my Dad but I get the colour, texture and freak streak of blonde from my Mum. Its weird, hers blonde is in exactly the same place as mine.
    The price of freedom of religion, or of speech, or of the press, is that we must put up with a good deal of rubbish.
    Robert Jackson

Length
    28"/Waist/Waist
    Type
    2a/C/iii

I got the red from both mom and dad. A recessive gene from each makes a redhead, although my dad doesn't have red hair. From my dad I also received extremely thick hair that started out blond and got dark as I got older. I got straight hair from him too, although at puberty, some gene from my maternal great-grandfather kicked in and I got some curl.

Length
    Shldr/BSL/Hip?!
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

I get my fine hair from both sides. It has a very very slight wave which I get from my mum. My colour is mainly from my mum (brown) with hints of red highlights in the light (from dad!).

Really Should Be Writing Unzadi's Avatar
    Length
    12/16/28
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Complete strangers, as I'm adopted, but I have met a birth sister, and her hair is the same natural color as mine, enhanced to the same desired color, and she's also a longhair. Her hair is curlier whereas mine is wavy.

Nobody in either side of my family (as with other adoptees, my real parents are the ones who raised me) had hair like mine. Dad's side = 100&#37; Mexican Basque. Mom's side = 100% Italian. Birth mother's last name = English or Irish ancestry.
    Once in his life, every man is entitled to fall madly in love with a gorgeous redhead -- Lucille Ball