Page 3 of 79 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Camellia Oil! (See first post for sources)

Ooh my curiosity is piqued too.

Flaxen - please...can you enlighten me on if Camelia oil is nourishing for hair too? Not just for the texture but for the health of hair? And is it widely accepted to grow hair better? Stronger and more hair or healthier hair...or any such claims?

Thank you, so much
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikky Grrl
    duuuuude you just, y'know, need to get your chakras aligned and yer celtic knotwork loosened maaaaan. Just relax, don't be so uptight- smudge the house with your dreamcatcher, reboot your crystals and invoke your enneagram duuuuuuude

Length
    16"/20/35"

I bought this oil last week and have been using it on my face after I wash it. I love how it makes my face feel. Not greasy, just soft. I also use a couple of drops on my wet hair and it is great. My hair dries very soft and not oily at all. I used to use emu oil. I like camellia oil better.

Length
    SL/37"/40"
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Flaxen View Post
    Mahars, no, I haven't tried Aubrey's camellia oil. If you do, I'd love to know how it works!
    Flaxen - don't buy Aubrey Organics Camellia Oil. The bottle is small (.36 fl. oz) and it has a ROLLER top which makes it difficult to get out of the bottle.

Elenna

PS I'm glad to see more info about where to buy Camellia oil.
    Silver-haired temptress of the order of the gaming Knights.

Length
    26/27-30/??
    Type
    2b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by redbark View Post
    Ooh my curiosity is piqued too.

Flaxen - please...can you enlighten me on if Camelia oil is nourishing for hair too? Not just for the texture but for the health of hair? And is it widely accepted to grow hair better? Stronger and more hair or healthier hair...or any such claims?

Thank you, so much
    Well, it's main fatty acid fraction is oleic acid, and that is one that softens. Other high oleic oils are shea and olive. Camellia has been called the "Eastern olive oil" since it is used for cooking, too (presumably not those tiny bottles, lol!).

Yes, there are claims that camellia oil makes hair grow better, that the women of Oshima Island have beautiful hair, and that camellia oil promotes a "peach skin complexion and long, curved nails" when applied to them. It's the oil that is reported to have been used by geishas to make their hair very shiny.

The only thing that I can confirm from experience is that camellia makes the cuticle smoother than other oils (supposedly also scientifically seen). When I comb after applying the oil, the comb simply glides through my hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    Flaxen - don't buy Aubrey Organics Camellia Oil. The bottle is small (.36 fl. oz) and it has a ROLLER top which makes it difficult to get out of the bottle.

Elenna
    Ooh, thank you for that information, Elenna! Yes, that would make it very difficult to use, and such a tiny bottle is very expensive.

Thank you Flaxen

No prizes to anyone for guessing which oil I am going to be buying very soon
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikky Grrl
    duuuuude you just, y'know, need to get your chakras aligned and yer celtic knotwork loosened maaaaan. Just relax, don't be so uptight- smudge the house with your dreamcatcher, reboot your crystals and invoke your enneagram duuuuuuude

Type
    1b/F/ii

If any of you buy a lot of things on ebay, there is a seller there who has wonderfully priced camellia oil in various sizes, which is how I tried it. Her store is called Hedy's Haven.
    ~Jennifer~
    I went down by the river side, that runs between the hazel'd halls,
    And on an apple-blossomed hill, I slept beside the golden falls.
    As I wandered far in sleep, the fisher king flashed blue on grey.
    I heard a voice come from the deep, and call my name from far away.
    "The Fisher King" (Anuna)

Length
    shldr/bsl/clsc
    Type
    1a/1b/C/i

Guys, you have piqued my interest too, I just bought the Fragrant Camellia Oil Shampoo and Camellia Oil from naturaljapanesebeauty. Thank you, Flaxen. Now, please Mr Postman, hurry up!
    To live is the rarest thing in the world, most people exist, that is all.

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

Default camellia oil

Has anybody tried this oil?

im thinking of trying but would like some input first.

TIA
    Buzz October 2015 to get rid of bendigo and lots of other damage, now Al natural and loving it....where will my journey end? I will tell you when I get there. Lifelong Co washer and LOC method currentl approaching curly hip

Length
    26/27-30/??
    Type
    2b/F/i/ii

Merging this into the current thread.

Type
    2a/F/i/ii

I want it, I NEED it! And I live just 5 miles from Little Tokyo in Los Angeles. If it weren't almost 2AM, why I'd jump in my car right now!