Page 3 of 100 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: what do you consider "long" hair?

Length
    20"/43"/40"
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/iii

I never considered bsl long, even before LHC. But I think that's because my hair was stuck at bsl, it would break at that length and never get any longer. Eventually it would start looking very fried so I'd cut it off. I guess I always thought waist was long, now I'm past waist and LHC has distorted my perception...I guess I just don't know what is long now. Anything longer than my hair at any given moment
    I'm not ADHD, it's just... Do you like cookiesSewing Blog!

Length
    1/4/short/n/a
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

When I first started growing, I thought BSL was long. I'm pretty sure that was the longest I'd every grown it. Now, I tend to lean toward waist as being long hair.

Though, I'm not consistant. I saw a beautiful head of BSL hair the other day and I thought "wow, that's some gorgeous long hair!" And then I wished mine was that long, only to realize mine is quite a bit longer than that! An interesting moment.

Length
    16ASL/26BSL/36WST
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

In my area APL and BSL are pretty common, especially on the 25 and under group, and because of the popularity of extentions in So-cal .But still long because Im not quite there yet.

Waist or longer is long on LHC.

If I see damaged long hair, my brain doesnt compute it as being long at all, but I am always pleasantly surprised to see Waist hair that is healthy and with a blunt hemline where I live.I guess thats the impressive long to me.

Long hair not bricklayer. PseudoScot's Avatar
    Length
    ~17/Class/Class
    Type
    1a/M/ii

I'm one of these self-blind people who don't consider myself to have long hair [I've been a longhair for 10 yrs+] but I realize that's just my own weird perception.

So for me, classic is long. On men, past shoulders is probably long. I've not really been able to look at it objectively for awhile
    Previously hiding in Sherwood.

Length
    --/36/term
    Type
    2a/C/ii

I notice that I'm frequently the person with the longest hair almost everywhere that I go. I don't think that my hair is all that long - maybe because I still intend to grow it plenty longer than it already is! I would define anything beyond tailbone length as long
    \/\/
    \/\/

Length
    Pit/Pit/BSL
    Type
    1a/F/M/ii/iii

Long on other people is BSL and beyond, long on me is waist and beyond.

Length
    1/4/short/n/a
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

Though, I also have to say, that as I grow "long" hair is always longer than mine. It just never seems long to me!

Length
    APL/BSL/Hip
    Type
    2c/F/M/iii

Long for me is waist and beyond.
    LHC hasn't changed my perception - I always have considered anything between about shoulders and waist to be "medium" length hair. I remember the first time I found out that BSL was supposed to be "long" I was rather surprised. I guess I've had long hair for most of my life if that's the case! It's the longest it's ever been at the moment, and it's just about waist length. STILL doesn't feel long, really.

...calling on the flying things of the universe & hoping not too many of them are pigeons...

Length
    chin/33/TB
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Even before I came to LHC, like several years before, I was always amazed that I'd get charged for long hair at the salon or hairdressers. I mean, I'm sorry, folks APL isn't long. Even by RL standards it just can't be! Although I guess many would consider it long.

I think long hair begins somewhere after mid back as it approaches waist. LHC standards are probably waist length.

Length
    32/46/dunno
    Type
    1a/M/iii

I think waist and below is long. Between shoulders and waist is medium length and anything not long enough to touch the shoulders is very short. My opinion is very skewed, though.