Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Photo Uploading? Can't do it!

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Re: Photo Uploading? Can't do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthippe View Post
    sorry! It's a tutorial on how to upload photos by email instead of the photobucket website.
    Oh cool Does it tell you the link of the picture once it's done? Not that I can't check this out after work or anything

Inadvertent Tech Support snowbear's Avatar
    Length
    42/Short/N/A
    Type
    3a/F/M/iii

Uploading via Email

Overview: The following tutorial explains how to upload an image or video into your Photobucket account from an email attachment.
    Requirements: You must be a Photobucket account holder. You must have access to an email account.
    Steps to Take:
    1. Open the Photobucket site at http://www.photobucket.com Enter your username and password at the top of the page, then click the log in button to log into your Photobucket account.
    2. Select the albums & upload button from the menu at the top of your album.
    3. Check the "email" box from the right side of the uploader. Note If you are using the "Old" uploader, simply click on the "mobile phone" tab to access this feature.
    4. Click in the field or manually copy this address to send content from your email account directly into your Photobucket album. Note: You can change your PIN number from your account options.

5. Log into your email account and create a new message. In the "To:" field, paste or type in your "album email address" that you copied from Photobucket.
    6. Add an Attachment and browse your computer for the image or video that you would like to upload. You can select a default upload size from the "more options" link in the "my computer" upload panel.
      Note: Supported image file types are jpg, gif, png, bmp (bmp will convert to jpg on upload) and swf files. SWF files can currently only be uploaded as an image if you are a PRO user.
      Supported video file types are 3g2, 3gp, 3gp2, 3gpp, 3p, asf, avi, divx, dv, dvx, flv, moov, mov, mp4, mpeg4, mpg4, mpe, mpeg, mpg, qt, wmv, xvid.

7. Please allow a few minutes for the file to appear in your Photobucket account after the email has been sent. This time will depend on the size of the file that you have uploaded and the speed of your internet connection. You will also receive an email confirming that the file has been successfully uploaded into your Photobucket account. The image or video that was sent to your Photobucket account will now be available for sharing and linking!
      Note: You may need to clear your web browser's cache and refresh the page in order for your file to appear in your account.

The formerly mythical snowbear is alive and well.
    Be smarter, daily!

Length
    21"/32.5"/30-34
    Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

OK, guys i got my computer fixed up, and so i am able to have IE (as last time my computer would not allow it to work) so i may try photo bucket out when I'm feeling bored enough but right now I'm busy and i have no pictures i want to upload
    Thanks for posting a tutorial, i never thought of trying that way, by email, though i know HOW to do it the normal way i was just wondering WHY it wouldn't work for me then, but yes it is helpful for others to see
    It might work now for all i know, but like i said i don't have a photo i want to upload quite yet
    Last edited by tiny_teesha; October 2nd, 2008 at 04:59 AM. Reason: re word
    ...Our hairs are just like the rings of a tree, they tell a story of what they have been through
    ...[me]
    old hair journal - pb - Lady Teesha, Minikin of Joy! OZ's where R U?