Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Fun with Flowers, Blooms in Buns/Braids, Corsage Coiffures, Herbal Hairstyles, etc

Default Re: Fun with Flowers, Blooms in Buns/Braids, Corsage Coiffures, Herbal Hairstyles, et

I have some fake hair flowers...I just need to remember to wear them (and other hair adornments) more often. I keep buying cute hair clips and stuff for just this reason, and then forget to wear them...
    Putting it in my signature because I have to say it so often:
    Do what works for your hair, not what other people say is "right" or "wrong." If it works for you, it's not wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it's not right.

Length
    APL/FTL/TERM
    Type
    1b/M/C/ii/iii

Default Re: Fun with Flowers, Blooms in Buns/Braids, Corsage Coiffures, Herbal Hairstyles, et

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    I have some fake hair flowers...I just need to remember to wear them (and other hair adornments) more often. I keep buying cute hair clips and stuff for just this reason, and then forget to wear them...
    I have to admit I’ve done the same thing multiple times as well lol. Always thinking about the next possible styles yet never really get to do them. I have hoarded two large bags of plastic flowers and beads and all sorts of DIY stuff for my historical projects.
    And somehow this fresh flower project pushes me to curb my procrastination because real flowers wilt if you don’t hurry up. For example, just two hours after picking, the pansy looks half-dead and I had to take the photo as soon as possible.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CqehXB3p...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

The Sweet William fared no better.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CqeqnuJL...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
    Last edited by tuanyiji; March 31st, 2023 at 09:56 PM.
    107cm 1b/C/10.2cm Fingercomb/Bun/Water-only No-Trim/Elastic/Heat
    [Youtube][Instagram][Fun with Flowers][Shed Hair Hand-tie Project][ABC Hairstyle Challenge]

Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    This is me too. I used to buy a lot of flower clips and flower headbands from H&M and hardly ever wore them. Then, in a fit of minimalism urges, I gave them all away. I wish I had some still, but I donīt think Iīd wear them now anyway, because they were mostly pointy sharp metal things which would damage my hair and I want to avoid that.

Length
    APL/FTL/TERM
    Type
    1b/M/C/ii/iii

I think I changed my bun too frequently throughout March (3-5 a day) and that caused more hair shed, so I will limit my hairstyles to at most twice a day in April. I also changed the background red plum to green weeping willow to signal the coming of spring.

Anyway these two are right-handed and left-handed variations of brioche bun, they look nothing like the one Haartraum made.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cqhb04-L...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

https://www.instagram.com/p/CqiL3vzr...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
    Last edited by tuanyiji; April 2nd, 2023 at 06:58 AM.
    [Youtube][Instagram][Fun with Flowers][Shed Hair Hand-tie Project][ABC Hairstyle Challenge]

Length
    long/term/term
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

Oooh, mimosa is *so* pretty and delicate, and it smells so sweet. Pity it is invasive here. That's a lovely bun, tuanyiji!
    Opting out of Friend Requests, thank you very much!

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    Bra/Thigh/Knee
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

I love your flower hairstyles Tuanyiji! So darn pretty!
    The fresh flowers are so gorgeous and just take your lovely up-dos to a whole other level of beautiful.

I have a ton of silk flowers because I make homemade wreaths and I’d love to put some in my hair, because I won’t have to worry about them wilting and could rock them for the whole day.

There is also a wonderful product called wilt-pruf that I use to spray my plant cuttings with, so they don’t wilt while I’m waiting for them to root. It’s like a somewhat waxy coating that makes the leaves shiny. I wonder if spraying hair flowers with it, would help keep them lasting longer, so that I could wear them in my hair for much longer than just a picture. Might have to test that out. Of course I would spray the flowers and allow them to dry, before placing in my hair.

For today, I’m enjoying these paper roses in a french roll and my new pearl-pink tulip sticks.

Fiorentina A. Canaretti Fiorentina's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/HL/Class
    Type
    2c/M/ii

I am here too!
    What an excellent thread, I love flowers.
    It is a pleasure to see so much creative hairdos.

Regards
    Fiorentina
    A nice​ bun makes the day.

Length
    APL/FTL/TERM
    Type
    1b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by embee View Post
    Oooh, mimosa is *so* pretty and delicate, and it smells so sweet. Pity it is invasive here. That's a lovely bun, tuanyiji!
    Thank you very much.
    Unfortunately, that flower was actually pink powder puff (calliandra surinamensis). At first I thought it was mimosa as well, but the leaves didn’t shrink away when I touched them and the flowers were puffier than mimosa. So I used an app to upload the photo and checked the plant’s origin.

Anyway here’s today’s flower, New Guinea Impatiens hawkeri.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CqjzJmML...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
    Last edited by tuanyiji; April 3rd, 2023 at 08:57 AM.

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I have been disappointed with using fresh flowers because by the end of a day or even an hour sometimes they are wilted and dying. So I've been sticking with artificial flowers. I love the look. Your photos are lovely.

Southwest/New England/Deep South/Appalachia
    Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

I realized I had this picture lying around from a few summers ago to share:

I was working in Mississippi and could not resist stopping on the side of the highway to play with these lovely flowers!