Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How much time do you spend on your hair every day?

The land of vodka, bears and perpetual winter
    Length
    APL/Class/TERM
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Default Re: How much time do you spend on your hair every day?

Between hip and buttcrack length:

On non-wash days it's like 5-15 minutes. Well, 5-15 minutes to put it in an updo, and another 30 seconds to braid it before going to bed at night. Detangling isn't a thing, because Tangle Teezer.

On wash days it's 1h - 1h15m to wash and another 15 minutes to brush it, make a parting and put in all the leave-ins afterwards (on top of the already existing 5-15 mins spent on updos in the morning). If I oil my hair before shampooing, I'd spend 10 minutes putting in oil and I'd keep it in my hair for 3-6 hours.

ETA: I don't wash my hair for the entire time, but it for sure takes up most of it. It takes me no more than 15 minutes to wash my body, shave, brush my teeth and wash my face, so I need 45-60 minutes to shampoo twice and condition twice (or more specifically do a deep treatment and conditioning).
    APL ~ BSL ~ MBL ~ WL ~ HL ~ TBL ~ CL ~ TERM
    Growing out henna since November 1st, 2018

Length
    SL/TBL/?
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

On non-wash days it's probably around 5-10 minutes. Just finger-combing, brushing and putting it up (my up-dos are so simple that they take no time). Then adjusting the up-do during the day maybe couple of times and changing it for night. On wash days I spend several hours washing, conditioning, applying leave-ins and drying, again combing and brushing, putting it up for night and so on.

Time spent thinking about hair stuff? Too much, sometimes around the clock

Length
    bsl/class/?
    Type
    1c/2a/C/ii/iii

On a normal day max of 7 minutes a day including bunning and braiding for my sleep cap, detangling takes no time. On wash day's (once a month) 1.5-2 hours to throughly wash and condition and i always air dry whilst doing other things. My hair depending on wave pattern is between bcl to classic length stretched.

Crotchety Pastry GrowlingCupcake's Avatar
    Length
    15/21.5/???
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Someone swap their not stupidly tangly hair with mine? 5 minutes would be a dream.
    Big chop - 18th August 2021
    SL/15 - CLB/17 - APL/21 - MBL/26 - WL/30 - HL/32 - BCL/36 - TBL/40 - CL/45
    Measuring unstretched because flexibility is dumb.

Evil, not Bad Moderator (SB) trolleypup's Avatar
    Length
    52"/62"/77" *
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

past knee

daily - average of 10 minutes, some detangling, bunning and rebunning

weekly (wash day) - about 45 minutes (detangle, wash, detangle - not counting drying time as I'm doing other stuff)

2b-2a/C/iii 61"/155cm/growing fitfully longer
    LJ - Blog
    Unless specified otherwise, I am speaking as a member, not a moderator

Length
    buzz/knee+/calf
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Wow, some of you are fast! For me, at classic+, it takes about 20-30 minutes to do my hair in the morning. About 20 minutes to detangle, and a few more minutes to put it up in some way. I S&D pretty often, usually in chunks of like 2 hours every few weeks, but sometimes about 10 minutes here and there, so that brings it to 30-40 minutes per day. Washing it happens once a week and takes about an hour and a half for the whole process - detangling, washing, conditioning, rinsing, and getting to partially dry.

So that averages out to.... about 45 minutes a Day, just for basic care.
    Current length: Knee+ at 56"! Next milestone is my final goal length: Upper Calf at 57-58"!
    Buzzed my head in 2010. Joined here and have been growing from Waist length at 28" since 2016

Length
    Chin/FTL/Term
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

I'm just about to classic (finger's-width away), 1a/i/f.

Daily, I take about 5 minutes - twist my hair up into a bun and put in my claw clip in to hold it for the day, then toss a cap over it at night. Depending on the weather, I may L.O.C. midweek, and about 2x a week I wash my blunt bangs, but each of those are still just a minute or so.

Once a week on wash days, I usually take 12+ hrs. I oil my scalp before bed, put on my wash-day scarf or cap (so my normal caps aren't oily), then sleep. After that, I wake up, put on my deep conditioner, and let that sit for at least an hour, then wash my hair, L.O.C., and let it air dry. After that, I bun & go.

[Judging you in Spanish] Milady_DeWinter's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/CL/FTL
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Hip+ almost BCL, 2c/3a/iii/f

I need about 5 min daily, to brush and do a LWB; I sleep with my hair braided so it makes things WAY easier. If I feel fancy I can try another kind of bun/style that might take me about 15 min or so. If my ends feel dry I apply a bit of Nightblooming's salves, and a couple of oil drops.

On wash days, 1,5 up to 2h: wash (ROO), detangle, dry, appling salves and oild to my ends, and style (a half up if I go out and about, if not a bun/braid)

BSL • MBL • WL • HL • BCLTBLWristClassic!FTL
    Thickness: 5 1/2" - 14cm | Length: 42,5" - 108cm
    My little braid thread

Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Just shy of BCL here.

Brushing/combing/bunning/sleep-braiding--about five minutes/day.

Nothing special on shampoo days--no special routine, other than LOC, so add another three minutes to that.

All told: maybe 40-45 minutes/week. Not bad, if I do say so myself
    Not Cut, But After Washing, Before Brushing and Bunning...Baby steps!

Length
    CBL/TBL/-
    Type
    1c/M/ii

It varies, but probably more than I have to, strictly speaking.

In the average morning, just a minute or two max, because I am sleepy and therefore I just put it up in an easy bun without combing or brushing. This month I've been doing a hairstyle challenge so I might spend 15 minutes fixing my hair into something more complicated.

Afternoon I take it down and brush before putting it back up, that's maybe 5-10 minutes because I like to linger.

I take pictures a lot of days, but that doesn't take too long.

Wash day I'm actively messing with it for about an hour. I won't count air drying because I do other stuff during that.

Of course, when I do an oil treatment it's longer, and I try to do that once a week or every other week. That's an hours-long multi-step process. But again, I do other stuff while it's under the heat cap, so I'm not focused on my hair the entire time.

ANYWAY, I probably spend more time on my hair than a lot of folks, but that's because it's a fun hobby for me, not because it's a required personal grooming routine.
    Caution: LHC-itis may become terminal.
    https://zestylonghair.wordpress.com