Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Used velcro rollers;Complete fail. Ripped out hair, no curl, questioning my judgement

Length
    Pixie/U-BSL/Happy
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Default Re: Used velcro rollers;Complete fail. Ripped out hair, no curl, questioning my judge

One of the old skool LHCers (sorry, don't remember who, maybe Teacherbear?) said to never put anything in your hair that comes out with hairs in it. That's a good rule of thumb, and certainly will rule out velcro rollers. I used to love them on shorter hair (and before LHC) but not anyore.

Always behave like a duck -
    keep calm and unruffled on the surface but paddle like the devil underneath.

Length
    29.5/32.5/36
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Default Re: Used velcro rollers;Complete fail. Ripped out hair, no curl, questioning my judge

I think Velcro rollers are fine for curling your bangs, but not for long hair. I tried them once and it was a disaster. My hair was tangled up almost instantly and it was so hard to get the curler out. I think foam rollers or socks are much gentler.

Length
    15/28/35
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
    One of the old skool LHCers (sorry, don't remember who, maybe Teacherbear?) said to never put anything in your hair that comes out with hairs in it. That's a good rule of thumb, and certainly will rule out velcro rollers. I used to love them on shorter hair (and before LHC) but not anyore.
    Sounds like an intelligent rule of thumb.
    ​So...knee?

Length
    APL/BSL+/?
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Agghh I'm sorry to hear this happened to you. I tried using them back in school and they did absolutely nothing for me - no waves/curls, they just made sections of my hair stick up at the roots at awkward angles.

And I do remember ripping and pain.