Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What happens if you hair spray your hair with hair spray and then straighten it?

Length
    ~Calf/Pixie/?
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Default Re: What happens if you hair spray your hair with hair spray and then straighten it?

Quote Originally Posted by glitterbug View Post
    Yes i've only done this once, as in put setting lotion spray, and then hot curl over it. I last used heat on my hair 1 yr ago. Do you think the hair will be fine? I just hope I havent melted the hair or caused some serious unseeable damage!
    If it's only once, then your hair will almost certainly be fine. The comments you got were all really coming from the perspective of doing that regularly.

Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

Default Re: What happens if you hair spray your hair with hair spray and then straighten it?

Quote Originally Posted by UltraBella View Post
    People do this all the time in the non-long hair world. You might need a clarifying shampoo but you'll be fine.

I personally heat style often and my hair is very healthy, but a lot of that is because of how coarse mine is. I don't have to baby my hair as much as someone with fine hair, mine is not easily damaged.
    Thanks UltraBella for the reply. I was not concerned so much about using the heat on its own, but more so the combination of the products used on the hair prior to applying heat. I was worried whether it was caused some serious unseeable damage to the hair and melted products onto the hair.