Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What styling tool (that you gave up) do you miss?

Default Re: What stylign tool (that you gave up) do you miss?

I miss my flat iron so much. Straightening makes my hair look so polished. But it broke off all the time and I had millions of white dots & split ends, so I am not going back to it.

Length
    12/28/40
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

I miss my flat iron quite a bit... It certainly made my hair looked polished and longer too, since I am a wurly. Might use it once and awhile for special occassions or when I want to shock myself by seeing my new length but I must say after only a couple weeks of CO my hair is in heaven!!

Length
    17/28/Waist
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

Here's another vote for the blowdryer and flat iron.

I miss how pretty, polished, and straight they made my hair look, but I definitely do NOT miss how long it took to get it that way and how sweaty it would make me get in the summer. It's soooo nice to be able to get out of the shower and go. Plus my waves have been looking better than ever now.

In highschool I would have to give myself at least 1 and a half hours to get ready in the morning AND we lived on the opposite end of town from the darn school so I would be up super early. Not being a morning person this sucked big-time!

If my hair was in better condition I would most likely still use them once in awhile, but the ends are too damaged to risk it. They need all the pampering and love they can get!

AmselJoey

Length
    16/23.5/30
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i

I don't miss anything because the only thing I used to use was a blow dryer but only to blast my hair dry as quick as possible, I didn't have a clue how to use it to style my hair . I gave my dryer to my sister and let my hair air dry now, it only takes half hour or so to dry so I have no idea why I needed to blast it dry in the first place . As for curling irons, flat irons etc. well hmmmm I've only just sussed out how to use my 20 yr old pressure cooker so I guess I might just give them a try 20 yrs from now .
    1b/f/i
    growing out the sparklies

Length
    Short/Midba/Tail
    Type
    1b/M/ii

None of them. I am happy with that things I got.

Length
    Nape/Waist/Waist
    Type
    3a/M/ii/iii

I don't miss anything, because if I really feel like using it, I will.

What's the fun of having long hair if I have to restrict myself of doing things that I think make it look great? Of course, I'm also not aiming for terminal like some are, so I'm not looking to totally baby my hair either

I rarely use my hairdryer, but I don't feel guilty when I do!

Longhaired Intellectual Periwinkle's Avatar
    Length
    ~APL+/waist/TB+
    Type
    2a/2b/M/iii

My brush. I now only brush my hair very occasionally and mostly use a comb or my fingers. It's far gentler on my hair and it makes the waves look so pretty, but I love the feeling of brushing and the way it makes my hair so silky smooth

September 2013 - waist length (though not on its best day!)
    Back to the LHC regime, let's finally get past waist length!
    ~ Lady Tyche of the Blessed Fortune in the Order of the Long Haired Knights ~

Length
    10/53/30
    Type
    3a/M/C/ii/iii

Default Re: What styling tool (that you gave up) do you miss?

I was never big into spending lots of time styling my hair. I've always been more of a let my hair do whatever it wants even if it looks bad kind of person. I semi-miss my curling iron because it was ever so useful for fixing the curls that went all wonky from sleeping on my hair.

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

I miss my hair dryer and straighteners but my hair is a lot better for not using them. Although I do at times very rarely use them, especially if I want my hair to feel longer!
    Buzz October 2015 to get rid of bendigo and lots of other damage, now Al natural and loving it....where will my journey end? I will tell you when I get there. Lifelong Co washer and LOC method currentl approaching curly hip

Redophile / redophobe
    Length
    shdr/shdr/waist
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

None because I'm enjoying learning to care for my hair properly. My hair is just too fragile for heat (doesn't look fragile, but it is). I still own a blowdryer and flat iron and use them once in a blue moon.