Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: How long will it take you to achieve your hair goals?

Type
    2b/F/i

Default Re: How long will it take you to achieve your hair goals?

I wish I knew. I am hip length (actually I have about 10 hairs that reach my tailbone but I doubt that is enough to count it as my hair length ) I want to reach knee length, but since I have never paid ant attention I have no idea how fast or slow my hair grows. I can say that after just 1 mo. using advice from here my hair has shown marked improvement in health so I am very optimistic. Best of luck.

Length
    24/29/40
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

It should take about 18 months to get to my goal of hip allowing for trims but probably another year on top of that to grow out all my layers. This is of course if my hair continues to grow at 1" per month, I'm terrified it's going to slow!

Lengthwise, I will be at my goal in a year or 2.THICKNESS wise? I have no idea, I'll have to maintain at that length for a while until the ends thicken up

Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

My first goal is classic. I just passed tailbone, so I'm guessing 2 years. I have no idea how fast my hair grows, because I don't measure it. I'm assuming 6 inches a year, but I trim an inch every 6 months, so that's a net growth of 4 inches a year. I probably started around armpit length 3-4 years ago.

Looking back, it seems like I had a period of incredibly fast growth followed by a period of extreme thinning. I attribute the crazy growth to prenatal vitamins, pregnancies, and hair vitamins. I also had great luck thickening my hair by braiding it and not using elastics more than a few inches above the ends (no ponytails). I assumed the thinning was due to a massive change to my diet and exercise about 2 years ago. I actually think I eat a healthy variety of food, it's just that I took a pretty big calorie cut. Thinking about it now, my body was going through pretty big hormonal changes too. Not to mention, I kept experimenting with my hair care routine, and trying everything new under the sun.
    I have enough posts for a siggy!

Length
    27.17/29.3/37.8
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Red face Re: How long will it take you to achieve your hair goals?

hmm.. Difficult one.
    My goal lenght should be in 2012, but the layers have to grow out, and i have no idea how long that will take...

Length
    APL/Knee/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

I'm about 30" now, and want to get about 44". If I keep up all my pills etc I should be there in 14 months, but I think it will be about three years to get all the layers and dye out.

2012. It will coincide with the olympics.
    Finally at knee, with a new quest for thick ends!
    📸 Hairstagram

Length
    16/sh/?
    Type
    3a/3b/F/i/ii

I don't want to think about it, it is depressing...but let see at .5 inches a month....2 years.....
    11/2/11 ~ 32 inches long (when stetched) ~ 2 1/2 inches circ. ~ Waist when wet...next goal waist when dry
    Lady Bethiah-Tallie of the Divine Kingdom in the order of the Longhaired Knight

Where dreams is daily activities, sort of...
    Length
    17/29/Knee
    Type
    1a/M/C/ii

As my hair is thick and a bit slipery, I don't think I want my hair down to my knee. Also, my hair grows 12" per year (without additional vitamins) so it won't take long for me to get there.

Length
    4 inc/10inc/24inc
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Post Re: How long will it take you to achieve your hair goals?

I only need about another 3 inches for my first goal (shoulder length) which was what it was before I cut it. That will take me mmm? 3-4months (I grow 1 inch a month usually). So I should be there by end of October-November depending on trims. My next goal is BSL after shoulder length that should take me, its 8inches untill BSL from shoulders so thats 8months roughly depending on trims so I say I should be there around June 2010 I haven't decided if I want waiste length or classic length or terminal yet. But I think I will go for waiste which will take me 11inches so about 11 months (from BSL length). This is all being calculated on my current growth rate but I'm sure it will change once I hit University next year but to get me to waiste length; overall its going to take me 22 months so just over 2 years (that is not including trimming which I might stop once all the damaged hair dye length is gone.) I do mini goals to keep me sane

Length
    pixie/hiBSL/CURLY
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii/iii

I'll probably reach my goal before the world ends in 2012. Comforting. It'll probably take another year or two to get all my bits and pieces where I want them though. This stuff just takes time!

I have classic paintings as my computer desktops, each featuring women with long, gorgeous hair. I keep pictures of long hair in my journal. I also keep out pictures of family members with beautiful hair. Um, and I also keep handy a few unflattering short-hair photos of myself...
    Curls or length???
    Mini-goals as measured on dry hair: lower BSL, waist, back to high BSL!
    My co-washing blog with pics of growing out my pixie: Colorado Curly