Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do you dry your hair with towel before adding conditioner?

Length
    TBL34/KL48"/?
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Default Re: Do you dry your hair with towel before adding conditioner?

Quote Originally Posted by mochichichi View Post
    Same as many here, I squeeze some of the water out and apply on wet hair. I find it easier to apply product on wet hair, and I don't need as much (I already use more than I'd like) product with wet hair. I apply leave-in conditioner on towel dry hair.
    This. I need my hair wet both to make application easier and also for it to absorb better. After applying, I use my cupped hands to gather the length and squish it in then TT to get all the hairs. I know wet brushing is generally frowned upon, but it works for me .
    I pray for inner peace, family peace, world peace...Imagine whirled peas
    Lady Marina...Dweller, Explorer, and Protector of the Mermaid World
    Opted out of the friends program, nothing personal

Length
    BSL/WAIST/HIP
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Default Re: Do you dry your hair with towel before adding conditioner?

Quote Originally Posted by SandyBottom View Post
    This. I need my hair wet both to make application easier and also for it to absorb better. After applying, I use my cupped hands to gather the length and squish it in then TT to get all the hairs. I know wet brushing is generally frowned upon, but it works for me .
    I can't imagine putting conditioner on towel dried hair would be better than the usual wet hair unless it was a special treatment that had particular instructions saying it needed it to work properly.
    B.T.W. I was just in the shower today and remembered that 'squish to condish' motto from years ago! So I went squish squish like SandyBottom mentioned with the conditioner in wet hair. I may be imagining things but I'm sure it felt more deeply conditioned once I rinsed it! I guess perhaps just the act of taking time to squish means that the conditioner was on my hair for longer than usual. I don't know.