Thread: What about lying?

Length
    short/BCL/knees
    Type
    1b/F/M/iii

Default Re: What about lying?

Quote Originally Posted by spidermom View Post
    I'd almost bet money on it.
    Well if we are then i am at least glad that not everyone is falling for their lies.

dreamed she was human... halo_tightens's Avatar
    Type
    2b/C/iii

For the record:

My intent in starting this thread was NOT to point fingers at any specific member or members - just a specific sort of behavior, which I have seen from various people on various occasions. I don't want any one person thinking I'm attacking them personally. I'm not.

I am glad to see that this has brought out some feelings that may have been hidden, and opened up discussion on the topic. If it's been bothering so many of us, it sounds like something that needs to be talked over.

Length
    BSL/hips/hips
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

Here are my $50

“Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.” Calvin and Hobbes

Length
    Chin/Hip/TBL
    Type
    3b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by kitschy View Post
    I think I would want you to ask me about perceived impossibilities/contradictions in my posts. I certainly wouldn't want you or other posters to think of me as a liar if there is possibly a plausible reason for some conflicting information in my posts.

So, if anyone out there has any questions about information in my posts - please just ask!
    Same for me too. I'm sure I can seem contradictory at times too (mainly since I moved recently so my life has changed a lot since joining). I hope people here don't think I'm lying.

Chin-Shoulder-APL-BSL-Waist?-Hip-Tailbone--GOALOn to classic?

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I wouldn't be surprised if I've been caught in a discrepancy or two, but it's because I get confused about how long ago something happened.

dreamed she was human... halo_tightens's Avatar
    Type
    2b/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by cheetahfast View Post
    Same for me too. I'm sure I can seem contradictory at times too (mainly since I moved recently so my life has changed a lot since joining). I hope people here don't think I'm lying.
    Quote Originally Posted by spidermom View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if I've been caught in a discrepancy or two, but it's because I get confused about how long ago something happened.
    Meh, don't we all do that? "Wait a minute-- was that when we lived in that blue house, or was it before...?" I know it happens to me a lot when I try to think back.

That to me is VERY different from intentionally telling falsehoods, inventing stories, exaggerating things to sound more dramatic, or describing two mutually exclusive pasts.

Length
    27.5/??/31
    Type
    1b/F/iii

I don't think a discrepancy or three is really what anyone means here. To use the school example, if you want to say you went to XYZ school when you actually went to ZYX to protect your privacy because your school was small, or you still live in the area, or something small like that, I don't think many folks are going to a) remember or b) care where you said you went to school. I start to remember stuff like that when the threads either get nasty or start to turn in to train wrecks.

It seems to me that things turn in to train wrecks the quickest when the details or heck, even the story itself changes. I have a secret confession about these threads - once I find them, I read them obsessively until they either get closed or fizzle out. I don't post in them, because it never seems like a good idea, but I do cheer when the changes in the story get pointed out. I also try to look at the thread and see if I can spot the point where the story starts to unravel. I've been known to look up other posts by the person and see if I can find even more evidence to satisfy my sick self.

Oh, the other slightly evil thing I do, is try to figure out if people have alter egos that they post back and forth with.

I know. I'm mean, right?

Length
    15/36/45?
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii/iii

:drama:

filler text.
    Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by trillian View Post

It seems to me that things turn in to train wrecks the quickest when the details or heck, even the story itself changes. I have a secret confession about these threads - once I find them, I read them obsessively until they either get closed or fizzle out. I don't post in them, because it never seems like a good idea, but I do cheer when the changes in the story get pointed out. I also try to look at the thread and see if I can spot the point where the story starts to unravel. I've been known to look up other posts by the person and see if I can find even more evidence to satisfy my sick self.

Oh, the other slightly evil thing I do, is try to figure out if people have alter egos that they post back and forth with.

I know. I'm mean, right?
    Bwahahahahaha

I think a LOT of us do the same thing. So, I suppose there are a lot of us meanies around.
    A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by trillian View Post
    I don't think a discrepancy or three is really what anyone means here. To use the school example, if you want to say you went to XYZ school when you actually went to ZYX to protect your privacy because your school was small, or you still live in the area, or something small like that, I don't think many folks are going to a) remember or b) care where you said you went to school. I start to remember stuff like that when the threads either get nasty or start to turn in to train wrecks.

I know. I'm mean, right?
    You too!

Except I like to throw a couple of zingers of my own into the mix, usually intended to lighten up a deteriorating mood but sometimes have exactly the opposite effect.