View Poll Results: At what length does your hair get attention in public?

Voters
303. You may not vote on this poll
  • MBL to waist

103 33.99%
  • hip to tailbone

140 46.20%
  • classic to mid-thigh (or fingertip)

50 16.50%
  • knee to mid-calf

5 1.65%
  • ankle or beyond

5 1.65%
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: At what length does your hair get attention in public?

Length
    Pixie/Pixie/butt
    Type
    1c/M/iii

Default Re: At what length does your hair get attention in public?

Waist length hair is considered very long. I think definitely hip length would seem to be an unusual length for some people, purely due to the fact not many people have it at that length.

Pixie(March 2014)~Neck Length~Shoulder Length~Arm Pit Length~Bra Strap Length~Waist Length~Tail Bone Length

Length
    21/29/41
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

I don't know if my hair gets attention of strangers because there are many girls in my country with long hair, but I know that since waist length (the most common '' very long'' here) the hair tends to gets attention of people. I'm now close to waist and people who know me sometimes say things about my hair, because I never had it so long

APL ~ BSL ~ MBL ~WL ~ HL ~ TL

The Naughty Mess says.... Seeshami's Avatar
    Length
    4/51.5/Until
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

People really started saying things any time I went out once I was halfway between waist and hip. From hip on my hair gets pointed out at least once a day up or down. Up because of my hair toys and down because of the length and henna.

I also had a customer bet his wife how long it was. He's a pretty awesome customer so we he asked if he could take a picture to show her or when he asked to touch it I didn't mind. There are few people in this world that treat retail employees like people and he is one of them, I always get hugs and he always asks about my family.

The naughty mess says, "I plead innocent!"
    Should have kept your snaggles off the keyboard and plead the 5th.

Type
    1c/M/C/ii/iii

I vote hip to tailbone because it's where I got the most compliments (though to be fair I must say the last time I had it shorter than hip was when I was maybe 6 years old)
    However, in todays society shoulder length is already considered to be "long" which I don't agree with but whatever

1. At what length does the public attention you receive become negative, if that has ever happened to you?
    When I was growing Tailbone to Classic, suddenly people thought it was too long and said I have to cut it

2. At what length do total strangers tell you to cut your hair and donate it?
    I only had people tell me to donate my hair when I lived in Canada for a while, at that point my hair was tailbone length,
    I find it quite interesting that the people there treated my long hair as if it was sinful that I didn't donate it, in my home country I
    have never encountered anyone who told me I should donate hair

Length
    Pixie/102cm/150cm
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Seeshami View Post
    People really started saying things any time I went out once I was halfway between waist and hip. From hip on my hair gets pointed out at least once a day up or down. Up because of my hair toys and down because of the length and henna.

I also had a customer bet his wife how long it was. He's a pretty awesome customer so we he asked if he could take a picture to show her or when he asked to touch it I didn't mind. There are few people in this world that treat retail employees like people and he is one of them, I always get hugs and he always asks about my family.
    You must have some wonderful hair toys. I'm just barely starting to get into hair toys. It's fun! Expensive, but really fun! I worked as a waitress, so I know what you mean about the general public not treating you like a human being. So great that you have an awesome customer. So neat that your hair gets mentioned at least once a day. So, from all these wonderful responses, I think my minimum length will be waist once I get there. I only have about 6 months or less until I'm there, so I'm getting excited.

97 cm Photo taken 1-1-2017

The Naughty Mess says.... Seeshami's Avatar
    Length
    4/51.5/Until
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

I add decoration to a lot of them. I show off a fair amount of them on youtube but I also go on and on and on about nothing too. And I think the self made hair toy thread has pictures of the majority of my creations.

My favorite for the moment:

The naughty mess says, "I plead innocent!"
    Should have kept your snaggles off the keyboard and plead the 5th.

On the hunt for terminal. SerinaDaith's Avatar
    Colorado is my physical home but I spend a lot of time in my mind. It's safer that way.
    Length
    .5 in/.5 in/term
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

I think the most public attention I have had for my hair was when it was 1/4 inch long and dyed purple. I've never had my hair as long as the shortest option on your list before so I have no idea.
    Lady Seredhiel in the Order of the Longhaired Knights. Current body mark: BSL+, Goal length, terminal.No trims in 2013. Henna head. Crazy craft guru.Crunchy Mommy.

Length
    5/?/?
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

I chose MBL/waist as strangers and work colleagues started commenting when I hit waist. My family started commenting on it at around BSL, I'd say. None of them had ever grown their hair longer than APL really.

I've never received any negative comments only slightly worried ones from my mam because I started the whole thing about only trimming once I year, ha ha. No one has ever mentioned donating my hair before either, but that's just not something we do in Denmark where I'm originally from. Usually they get the hair for wigs when a longhair gets sick of it all and goes for a proper chop. They'll ask you nicely if they can use it and then just snip it off in a good big chunk. Here in the UK I haven't heard of it either.
    "Goth Juice... The most powerful hairspray known to man. Made from the tears of Robert Smith." - Vince Noir

Length
    Bsl/41"/Knee
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

hmmm not that quick coz its never visible or up
    BCL right now w a thick hemline. Aiming for classic this year

Length
    Pixie/Waist/35"?
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Once at work a woman said to me "Oh, you have nice hair!" other than that the only thing I've heard is from a fellow employee something along the lines of, "Wow your hair is getting long but I would never want hair like yours"

and my hair is only to the bottom of BSL... my buns are probably smaller than most people have at shoulder length. My braid is barely two (vertical) fingers wide.
    _1b / F / i/ii__... Forever Growing _
    Chin SHL APL BSL Waist Hip BCL