Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The urge to do something with your hair

Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Default Re: The urge to do something with your hair

Quote Originally Posted by MINAKO View Post
    I would never dare to expiriment with colors beyond indigo and some blueish temporary dye, but i do get the urge to cut it frequently. But i'm lazy and the buns are such a great option for that, so i have to remind myself and also watch some inspiring long hair videos like this one.

If I could have any hairtype in the world it would be Asian. I love Asian hair! Silky, smooth and straight.

Length
    12/20/26
    Type
    1a/F/i

I'm an impulsive dyer/bleacher, especially if I was stressed or unhappy. I'd think "I need a change!" and for some reason that change always had to be my hair, haha.

I'd had a dyed, burgundy bob that I grew to nearly APL. I was sick of the upkeep of red dye and, on an impulse, dyed it black (at home) with permanent dye. I didn't think, for a second, how hard it would be to get rid of black if I wanted to. And of course, eventually I wanted to. I was very unhappy with life in general and decided I wanted to be blonde. I went back and forth between permanent black dye and attempts to go blonde for several years, always just on a whim because I was unhappy/stressed. It never worked, it always looked awful, but I never learned until my hair broke off in chunks. It was so terrifying that I haven't touched it with chemicals since. But even after all that I still find myself getting the urge to dye it; I try to curb it by using a deep conditioning treatment instead.

Account Closed by Member Request

Quote Originally Posted by höpönasu View Post
    If I could have any hairtype in the world it would be Asian. I love Asian hair! Silky, smooth and straight.
    Yeah, i was blessed with the thickness and growth rate due to being mixed, but unfortunately mine isn't as shiny and tangle free, even if i straighten it. But i will forever be drooling over this kind of hair , like 1a C iii+i in classic length and the darkest shade of black is my ultimate goal. If i ever want to get there i just have to keep staying away from scissors and chemical hair coloring as far as i can.

Length
    13/15/20
    Type
    1a/M/ii

I am crazy impulsive with my hair, this is the longest I have not touched it. It's been approx. 6 months, and I am determined to keep it that way!

Length
    BSL/Calf/Term?
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Years ago, I used to have a highlighting addiction and it definitely made my hair dry, frizzy and difficult to manage.

These days, I try to channel my boredom with hair into something relatively hair-friendly.
    I look for new products, combine products differently or do new deep treatments when I get bored with hair.
    I also learn new hairstyles when I want a change. I think if you want to avoid going scissor-happy, it's important to find new ways of styling hair.

Length
    2/2/30
    Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

I went from never doing much of anything to my hair to getting really impulsive once I started growing it seriously for the first time. My hair would probably be beyond my waist now if I hadn't gotten bored and had someone cut me short, u-shaped Bettie fringe. Rather than growing them out to fit with my longer hair, I got a pixie cut. To grow out the pixie cut "evenly", I used clippers and buzzed my hair! No more of that for me.

Like you suggested, I sublimate that urge now by being more constructive. I've done braids, pin curls, and attempts at complicated updos. Anything to keep away from scissors!

Length
    17/23/29
    Type
    3c/C/iii

I love the different types of Asian hair (there isn't only one) but it wouldn't look good on me! I look horrible with straight hair, sleek hair, doesn't suit my face. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Length
    12/Hip/Hip
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

I tend to change my hair color every few months. I want to do something with my hair again, but I'm really fond of my current color. I'm thinking I may learn some updos or make myself some sort of hair decorations or something.
    Currently: Maintaining at hip until ends are fuller
    Daily updos, cone and SLS free, sleep in a braid
    Tell me your hard water strategies!

Length
    SL/chin/MB
    Type
    2c/M/C/ii/iii

From time to time I get the urge to trim. On the one hand, I'd like my hair to be longer all the time. On the other hand, I like the feeling of fresh ends and thicker hemline. And I like change (but not extreme change).

I try to control myself with two week rules, trimming no more than 1 inch (my personal favorite trim length is 3 inches - it's enough for me to feel the drastic change and yet not to feel it as so drastic, if you understand what I'm trying to say) and trying to completely forget about my hair. Once I forgot on it almost for a year and I was very pleased!

Type
    1b/1c/F/M/iii

I'm the same way. Mine is the longest it's ever been but sometimes, I think I would loved a long bob, but then I reconsider...