Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Shorties, talk about your progress!

Cat in a Human Disguise rapunzhell13's Avatar
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by HaiirPEACE View Post
    im still at that stage where it feels like my hair hasn't grown in months its really hard to see progress
    I envy that you're able to put it up though! I hope my time comes soon. VERY soon. It's still a bit too short right now...

Length
    pixie/16/20+
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

My hair grows very slowly so I find it hard to grow it long. I've been trying to grow my hair for four years now. I usually get frustrated with the growth rate and chop it all off. This time I AM going to make it. I started off with 2 1/2 inches and now I'm close to 3 inches. What a great thread!

Every Day is a New Beginning
    1c/2a/M/ii

Length
    19/30/36
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Garnet66 View Post
    My hair grows very slowly so I find it hard to grow it long. I've been trying to grow my hair for four years now. I usually get frustrated with the growth rate and chop it all off. This time I AM going to make it. I started off with 2 1/2 inches and now I'm close to 3 inches. What a great thread!
    It's really hard to get past that emotional barrier where it's just easier to cut it all off than to have the patience to keep growing. I've been there so many times. This is also the first time in my life that I've actually grown out my thick, short bangs. It took me 45 years to break through that barrier.

Just remember that we're all here for you when you feel that you've hit a wall. You will make it this time. We'll see to it!

Length
    11/14/24-33
    Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by FrannyG View Post
    It's really hard to get past that emotional barrier where it's just easier to cut it all off than to have the patience to keep growing. I've been there so many times. This is also the first time in my life that I've actually grown out my thick, short bangs. It took me 45 years to break through that barrier.

Just remember that we're all here for you when you feel that you've hit a wall. You will make it this time. We'll see to it!
    omg,franny while reading your post ,it hit me like a ton of bricks that i've been cutting my hair out of emotion.It seems like every time I cut my hair it is out of pure frustration,lack of patience(I want long hair now) or something doesn't go right and I chop.txs for your post

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

I think that it must be normal to stall at 22" I did too, then it grew 2" and now its stalled again stupid hair!

I am just starting to feel 'long' again, even if by LHC it is still shortish, once it gets past shoulders it seems to grow better too, hang in there!
    Buzz October 2015 to get rid of bendigo and lots of other damage, now Al natural and loving it....where will my journey end? I will tell you when I get there. Lifelong Co washer and LOC method currentl approaching curly hip

On the subject of stalling. I wonder if some stalls are perceptual rather than actual. For instance, my hair seems to have stalled whenever I measure it, it seems stuck at around 19". I know my hair is growing at the rate of about 1/2 inch a month because I measure growth at the roots (easy for me to do because i have a demarcation line from previous coloring.)

Some of my length has been eaten by microtrims but not enough to account for the apparent stall because I've only had 3 microtrims in 6 months, each of about 1/4 inch. Even if I were generous and said they were 1/2 inch I should still be seeing at least a good 1 1/2 of growth. My theory is that the methods I'm using on my hair is really increasing the volume and lift, thus giving me a shorter measurement.

Anyway, I'm not concerned because I know it's not due to breakage or hair loss. My shedding is amazingly low right now. I just feel a bit impatient to feel that length.

Quote Originally Posted by AutumnLeaves View Post
    Silver & Gold, that line is awful, isn't it? It got to be just too embarassing for me! I don't know how Xandergrammy did it, though I suspect her demarcation line wasn't quite as obvious as that I was sporting. Sheesh! I'm with you on the awkward growing out stages though. I'm finally coming past that point, but it has taken 10 months to get there. Ah well...live and learn.
    10 months? I would love to see your hair now. At least everything you get now will be lovely and fresh.

My demarcation line is currently very soft and difficult to see unless my hair is wet. So this is a good thing. Still, most days the only way I like my hair is if I put it up. I know if I gave in and cut in some bangs and layers I would like it down again - but this is the cycle that always keeps me in shorter hair. So I'm going to keep putting my hair up and wait. Perhaps I'll just pretend that I'm never going to wear my hair down again and then I'll be happy.

Length
    pixie/16/20+
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by FrannyG View Post

Awww..Thanks Franny. How can I not make it this time with great people around her like you. I can do it, I can do it!

Every Day is a New Beginning
    1c/2a/M/ii

Account Closed by Member Request

Blarg, I grew out from a 1 inch all over pixie.
    I'm now even length at 20 inches (I think) and my hair grows an inch a month.
    I think it took me...Erm...A year of growth? Maybe a year and a half.
    I just gotta remember not to chop it off this time.

Last of the Brunnen-G kwaniesiam's Avatar
    Length
    bald/mop/long!
    Type
    2b/2c/F/i/ii

Wow, I'm glad this thread has been helpful

I jumped on the miconazole bandwagon today to see if it helps fill in some of my thinner spots and increase growth rate over all. If anyone is interested, I'll document the results in the miconazole thread.
    Your neighborhood LHC-friendly hair stylist Anyone is always free to PM me if they have any questions they think I might be able to help with, hair or otherwise!