Page 3 of 91 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Odd reasons you want longer hair!

Length
    23.5/29/35
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Odd reasons you want longer hair!

Nursing school mostly. It's much easier to put hair up in a bun, braid or even a pony tail than having to wash and style short hair everyday. Plus I think It looks much better on me
    Writing is the only socially acceptable form of schizophrenia. ~E.L. Doctorow

Length
    14"/32"/39"
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by cranberrymoonz View Post
    ...I used to feel very naked, especially when not wearing clothes.
    This made me giggle a bunch.

Also - chen bao jun, that is a beautiful reason. Thank you for sharing your story!!

One of my weird reasons, which I've shared at LHC before, is I like to use my hair as a blanket to warm up, and be able to take off the blanket but easily carry it with me for later use just by putting my hair up or braiding it. Also, kind of like how Long_hair_bear fancies herself a Rivendell elf, I fancy myself a wood/water nymph (hence the screen name). Naiads and Dryads alike are generally depicted with long, flowing hair... and I generally am aspiring to look more and more like a mythical forest creature all the time. So.

Length
    2''/APL/?
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I want to be like my grandma. She is so cool.
    1b/F/ii
    Started from a very short pixie at April 2011

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    15/47/50?
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

I am oddly obsessed with the way it feels when it drags across my lower back... I started growing it in the first place because I have always loved long hair, but once it got long enough to feel it on my lower back when I tilted my head back I KNEW that was something I needed to have while looking straight.

Length
    16/18/35
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

I love combing my hair and WO made my hair really soft, so I want more of that soft hair to comb

I also want to prove, that even though I am transgendered, I still can have long and well cared hair. I don't need to do and look something, in order to be "allowed" to be me. I want to prove that "gender doesn't define fashion" and "fashion doesn't define gender".

And I wan't make people think about stereotypes and how ridiculous most of them are.
    Last edited by Olavi; February 4th, 2013 at 07:37 AM.
    Neck - Shoulder - APL - BSL - Midback - ~Waist~
    Silk is FIBER Satin is WEAVE. Asking "Silk or satin?" is like asking "Steel or fork?"

Finding Best Hair Length! LadyLongLocks's Avatar
    Length
    36"/56"/calf
    Type
    1a/1b/M/iii

Longer hair makes bigger buns!
    and...
    My original goal was knee length...but I wanted to see if I could grow longer. I went to calf length and then on to ankle. So longer than knee was really just a test and Im not crazy about that extreme length. So I guess that would be a odd reason to want it longer...to test it!

Length
    ear/TBL+!/?
    Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

So I can sit by the fire on a winter's eve and comb out my long hair.
    Lady Xi of the Maple Tree in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights!
    Avatar picture from Brunnhilde with her horse at the mouth of the cave by Arthur Rackham

Extraordinary Wordsmith WaitingSoLong's Avatar
    Length
    MTL/BSL/none
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by cranberrymoonz View Post
    Maybe It's not really strange, but I want my hair to flow down my back, looking feminine en beautiful^^ When I had chin lenght hair I used to feel very naked, especially when not wearing clothes. I hope It's better when my hair is about waist
    LOL! I feel naked, too, when not wearing clothes I love that I can cover my back with my hair when naked, and all of my front, too, if I want, even my groin

Quote Originally Posted by Bagginslover View Post
    Mine is really odd though-I want to be able to tuck it into my trousers!! No idea why, I just do!
    I once read a book where the main character was a female tomboy, set back in older days where women with short hair was not socially acceptable...she would tuck her hair into her pants to keep it out of the way while she worked on cars. I had wanted to do this, too, until I COULD....not so cool. Like sitting on hair. Yes I can but...can we say...damage?

Quote Originally Posted by spidermom View Post
    To make Thor happy.
    Ok pardon my ignorance but...??? Thor the god of thunder or is thor your husband? And why would Thor want you to have long hair? LOL???

Quote Originally Posted by patienceneeded View Post
    Because I want to grow up to be a very old lady with long hair that I will wear in a bun or loose, as I choose.
    I confess this as a reason for me, too. But I have a zillion reasons I won't have short hair and this is one of them. I don't want to be an old lady with old-lady-helmet-hair!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkessa View Post
    I am oddly obsessed with the way it feels when it drags across my lower back... I started growing it in the first place because I have always loved long hair, but once it got long enough to feel it on my lower back when I tilted my head back I KNEW that was something I needed to have while looking straight.
    So since my hair passed Classic, I can now feel it tickle my thighs in the shower. I have become quite addicted to this feeling and find it exotic. I wonder what it will feel like to tickle my knees? Calves? I do love the feeling of hair on my naked back. Especially damp, fresh washed hair. Once the kids move out I may walk around the house topless all of the time. I am sure DH won't mind. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Olavi View Post
    I want to prove that "gender doesn't define fashion" and "fashion doesn't define gender".

And I wan't make people think about stereotypes and how ridiculous most of them are.
    Well I think some people LIKE being able to associate themselves with a social group by physical appearance, so people don't wonder and ask questions. I like to see the flamboyantly-stereo-typical gay men. I love the unique looks they usually choose and that they are OK with who they are and not afraid for the world to know. But yes, you should not HAVE to conform to a physical look to be accepted as part of a group.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyLongLocks View Post
    Longer hair makes bigger buns!
    and...
    My original goal was knee length...but I wanted to see if I could grow longer. I went to calf length and then on to ankle. So longer than knee was really just a test and Im not crazy about that extreme length. So I guess that would be a odd reason to want it longer...to test it!
    And HEAVY buns.

This is kind of where I am. I am wondering how long it WILL grow. I expect my terminal length to be around calf. The other day I asked DH if about trying to see how long my hair would go (not that I need his approval, but wanted his opinion). I do worry it will put me is some "freak" category of hair. "Freakishly long hair". I have never been an extremist and don't want to be associated with any particular group because of my hair length. I also don't want DH to worry about people discussing his wife's freakishly long hair LOL. But ultimately we decided we don't care what people think or say. We are extremely private people and no one knows much about us, so at least then they will finally have something to talk about LOL. Great...now I am singing that song...

~WSL~My YouTube tutorials with Classic+ Hair
    FTL in 2013. Back to waist/virgin 2014. Virgin thigh 2018. Cut back to waist July 2018

Length
    0 in/0.5in/TBL
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii/iii

I think I look heavier with short hair. Long hair kind of hides the undesirables Growing out my hair is like insurance if I gain a few pounds. Crazy I know.

Tries to Help Everyone jacqueline101's Avatar
    Length
    slh/Hip/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/iii

I want what I once had.

http://51303.photobucket.com/user/ja...ker101/profile
    Some say I'm nearing hip and my fat ate the hair I'm jacqueline101 not a pronoun
    jacquelinewalker101.blogspot.com