View Poll Results: What's your favourite "short" length?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • Buzzed

7 8.33%
  • Pixie

10 11.90%
  • Bob

18 21.43%
  • Shoulder

13 15.48%
  • APL

14 16.67%
  • BSL

17 20.24%
  • MBL

21 25.00%
  • Cheese!

8 9.52%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What's your favourite length before waist?

Length
    17.5/22.5/27.5
    Type
    3a/F/M/ii

Default Re: What's your favourite length before waist?

I voted MBL. Shorter than BSL and I don't like any length longer than 1" and prefer buzzing with the shortest spacer. Once I hit BSL, I'm pretty comfortable, until TBL, which is where it starts to get unwieldy again. So above waist, the next longest landmark length is my favorite, above BSL, totally buzzed.

Growing out my buzz was a hassle. I'm on year three of serious growing, which I started at about a 2" length, and have reached MBL. Seriously, two years ago yesterday, I have a selfie where I hadn't reached chin length yet. I feel like I have way more length than the time between that photo and now allows.
    Lady Morgan Lynn of the Winding Forest Paths in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    Buzz/Buzz/term
    Type
    1c/2a/C/ii/iii

APL is the longest I've had it and I was 15 at the time, I also quite enjoyed CBL if I pass APL I will throw a party thread, hopefully I will get there by the end of 2021 early 2022

Friend of the Semicolon florenonite's Avatar
    Length
    SL/MBL/Hip
    Type
    2a/F/iii

I voted shoulder-length because it's the only length I like on me above waist (which is why I ALWAYS regret when I cut to shoulder length; I love my hair for a few months and then hate it for a year ).

I think BSL is popular for cutting back to because it's pretty much the shortest length that still looks 'long' and that you can do buns and braids at, so for people who find their long hair too heavy and unwieldy it's a good middle ground. At BSL, for instance, I have to braid my hair for karate because a ponytail is too heavy, but that braid isn't long enough to thwack me in the eye It's also long enough that if you regret it you can still grow it back to waist/hip quickly (it's 4 months from BSL to waist for me, a year from BSL to hip), and you can just put it up or braid it in the meantime.
    Lady Nehalennia of the Mirrored-Seas in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

SL / APL / SBL / MBL / WL / HIP / BCL / TB

Length
    13/45/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Hmm, this is a hard question. The ends of my hair curl upwards once it hits shoulder length, and I think that looks pretty. Also, I can tuck my hair out of my face without clips at that length too.

I enjoyed having a pixie, except for the bedhead

Currently, my hair is about an inch longer than APL and I can finally do a larger variety of styles - braids, ponytails, a couple types of buns...

For me, I guess both shoulder and APL are lengths I can enjoy on my journey to longer hair.

Type
    1a/M/ii

I love those long blunt bobs that just brush the shoulders! They're elegant yet cute and youthful at the same time! I also love feminine pixie cuts, even though I'll probably never get one. :laughs:
    July '23: 22'' August '23: 22.5" Goal length: 26''

Length
    pixie/23/39
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

I voted Pixie and MBL. I had a pixie for almost seven years, and loved it, and my hair was buzzed for a few short months too. But, like Lapushka, I wouldn't willingly buzz it/go that short again I don't think.

From my memories of my long hair days before the pixie cut, MBL was the length my hair was closest to for the majority of the time...I could easily braid it, wear it up in a bun, or have it down. Now I'm excited to get to APL, teehee!
    Lady Elenya of Galadhrim in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    *Pixie*Chin*APL*BSL*Waist (definite goal)*Hip—>Classic??*
    2b/c * F *

Length
    Buzz/Pixie/Happy
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Apparently I really love a blunt chin length bob with no bangs on me.
    So much so that I'm actually a little sad that it won't be like this forever!
    But I have neither the skill nor money to maintain it, so here I grow lol.
    This is a really good hair cut to grow out. It doesn't have any "awkward phase" like the pixie, no more mullet trims!
    Just trying to get by

Type
    2c/M/ii/iii

I love the array of answers! I like BSL, as a dancer it was much easier to put up quickly. I buzzed my hair in 2018, and have now experienced every length before waist. Hoping to get there one day

Length
    1/2/30
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/i

I picked bob, meaning chin-length bob. I hope to get there again some day and then grow longer, but if I can get all my hair chin length from the buzz cut I gave myself I will be impressed with myself.

After bob I don't like it again until it is about BSL because that's when I can get it to stay up and back and do something with it.

I loved short hair for years but my face just doesn't suit it like it used to. Combination of gaining weight and getting a little droopy in the face from aging.

I'm not sure yet. I'm currently growing out a buzz cut and I haven't had my hair long for about 6 years, right now it is very easy as far as maintenance. I think my future favorite length will be chin just because I haven't been at chin for so long.