Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I just put some olive oil in my hair...

Length
    BSL/MBL/TB
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Default Re: I just put some olive oil in my hair...

UPDATE: I showered again today and this time I was able to wash out the rest of the EVOO by not using shampoo and just using conditioner. MUCH EASIER. I also followed up with diluted baking soda and then ACV rinse. Now my hair is soooo so soft and nice. Needless to say, I am now a fan. ^_^

Length
    3/16/40
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

I use coconut oil for light oilings after showers. But I use EVOO for my overnight deep oiling treatments...

Which is what I have on my head right now!!

I usually add Rosemary EO (or in this case a concoction that I had bought some time ago for hair growth and dandruff to try on my brother which I add to my deep oilings) with the EVOO and tonight I also tried adding AVG. Not sure if it will make a difference or not.

Biggest thing is making sure to wash my hair enough. I do CO and if I repeat enough it gets all the oil out, but quite often I wash my hair and it feels like it's clean...but I get out and my hair dries and it's still greasy so I have to remember to keep repeating after that point. lol

My hair loves EVOO. It sucks it up pretty good. I soak my hair in it then braid it and sleep on it and in the morning there is no excess oil because my hair has sucked it all up. And my hair gets soo soft!! I used to do this once a week...then stopped for a good couple of months but I'm trying to get back into doing it once a week now.

Ooh! I just remember. My scalp is that EVOO/AVG/Growth mixture. The length is a different mixture of mine that has Almond Oil, Argan oil and...some others? It's just a random mixture of lots of different oils.

Length
    Waist/BSL/???
    Type
    1c/2a/C/ii

Olive oil is the only oil that I can't seem to wash out eaisly. For some reason every other oil washed out just fine. I think it is good for hair but I never use it because for some reason it makes me break out too (horribly). Coconut oil gives me better results without the awful breakouts.

Length
    CL/CL/WL
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Loads of good, good, good advice here

I washed my EVOO our quite easily this morning with only my CV poo bar and some ACV rinse after. But I must say that it felt like the oil was all gone when I got up this morning. My hair felt damp from it last night (I applied some more before bedtime) and I braided it. Maybe my hair soaked it all up? Coconut oil does not have that effect, so I guess it is not my pillow case that soaks it all up?

My hair feels great anyway. More "full" in a way, like it is heavier. But it still has a lot of volume and life. I think I am in love with this treatment.

My face feels great too, so I guess I`ll go for a coconut/EVOO mix to moisturize it in the future
    My journey from APL til BSL
    (Please do not wear fur, I have seen horrible things)

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    15/26/49
    Type
    3a/M/iii

Oh, I love olive oil. I apply after a shower as a leave-in.

little hair obsessed too littlenvy's Avatar
    Length
    10"/waist/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i

Question for you guys:
    Has anyone tried Safflower oil?? (note its not SUNflower but Safflower). It is supposed to have the same property as Olive Oil but without the smell.
    hhmmm .. I think I will try it myself next wash.

Length
    12 in/16 in/24 in
    Type
    3a/M/C/i

Interesting comment about hair feeling "heavier" Nemileo - I get that too, in a very positive way. It feels more nourished. Have got my EVOO on now. Had it one two hours and will wash out shortly. Just love the way my hair feels afterwards. I oil before very wash now, thanks to LHC - I'm an oil addict!

Length
    15"/22"/long!
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

I was never able to wash out EVOO from my hair. Even several poo bar shampoos later it would still be stringy
    rats spelled backwards spells star

Length
    3/16/40
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Has anyone tried Safflower oil??
    I think I have a body oil with the first ingredient as that? and I've used it on hair and it seemed to work nicely. I agree, the smell of EVOO is yucky. lol I usually put EOs in it when I'm doing a deep treatment though so it's not too bad.

I just washed the oil out of my hair as well this morning. So far it feels like the oil is all out. I did a couple rounds of CO. And it's so nice and soft now. I'm trying to wait for it to dry a bit more so I can run to the bank then head out to college for some group meetings today. o_O

little hair obsessed too littlenvy's Avatar
    Length
    10"/waist/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by Sooze View Post
    Interesting comment about hair feeling "heavier" Nemileo - I get that too, in a very positive way. It feels more nourished. Have got my EVOO on now. Had it one two hours and will wash out shortly. Just love the way my hair feels afterwards. I oil before very wash now, thanks to LHC - I'm an oil addict!
    ^5!
    Me too! I cringe when I think of what my hair was before LHC and oils.

PS.
    Thank You CaityBear. I will try Safflower oil and report back.