• Ooops. I forgot why i picked 6

8 5.63%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: after henna wash

Default Re: after henna wash

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade View Post
    I'm glad that worked so well for you!

I tend to CO out with V05's Chamomile Tea Therapy I should try that with some honey in it
    What exactly did you recommend? Honey in the henna or honey afterwards in the CO.

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Honey in the henna About 1 TB / 100g of henna will do.

Length
    chin/33/TB
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

I CO the henna/cassia out. Then I wait a day or two and shampoo or conditionner. I also recommend the honey--I can tell when I forget it. It helps because the cassia especially makes my hair dry and coarse.

Beautifully Birdy ShadowSwallow's Avatar
    Length
    Shldr/WL/TBL
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

I CO out my henna, because otherwise it remains matted into my hair. I am going to start doing a S&C wash after COing it out because my hair HATES COing.
    "When you've suffered a great deal in life, each additional pain is both unbearable and trifling..." - Yann Martel

Length
    WL/TBL+/TBL++
    Type
    3c/M/iii

I CO henna most of the time, sometimes WO. Then after two days i wash with shampoo and conditioner as usual. Sometimes my haed is too itchy because of the residue and i wash directly with shampoo. It depends!

How can I control my life when I can't control my hair?

Type
    1b/1c/M/C/ii/iii

Mostly I try to do WO, sometimes I feel it necessary (which is purely a subjective feeling) to do a light CO. The only thing that I always do is to apply some coconut oil or monoi tiare. The oil is very important for me because my hair feels a bit stiff after henna.
    Then at least three days no washing to allow colour development.
    I had never any problems with this procedure.

Kind regards,
    T.

Length
    23/27/TBL
    Type
    2b/F/ii

I CO out henna with a cheap cone free conditioner after doing a mermaid soak to get it started. I wash before I henna usually unless I washed the day before hennaing so I wont wash it for a week after the henna.

The CO adds much needed moisture and it makes washing the henna out much easier. I'll add some coconut oil to the ends after washing to protect the ends that extra bit too.

Length
    21"/39"/44"
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

First of all - just so you know, my hair is so dry, I never ever need to shampoo it. It never gets oily, and I'll never even dare to shampoo it. Even WOing on the scalp dries it out.
    But, funnily enough, shampooing out the henna help cut on the dryness SO MUCH it's unbelievable!

First I do a mermaid soak, and get most of the henna out. They I apply conditioner, soak it back in the water and get some more henna out. I sometimes repeat this until it feels like I can go on the next step. I take (SLS free, rather gentle) shampoo, lather it in my hands, apply to my scalp and the little leftover suds right on the length. I massage it some and I rinse out. Then I resume with more conditioner, sometimes applying and rinsing more than once. I also leave conditioner in as I always do.

Any other way I try to get the henna out, I end up with 80s big woolly head of hair, due to the post-henna dryness. WO, egg shampoos, CO, shampoo bars and ACV, nothing worked like little bit of shampooing (and it is indeed very little shampoo overall) from my hair. No 80's post henna hair day for me anymore.

Soft hair that is nice to sit on - now I'm bragging!

I envy all of you ladies who can go more than a day without washing. I have a greasy scalp and fine thin hair, so I have to wash daily. (I tried the whole "training your scalp" thing but it simply doesn't work for me. I am just oily and I live with it.) What I do after a Henna-ing is soak my scalp to loosen and remove the Henna, and then CO to get the rest out. Normally I Henna at night, so I'll go for the entire following day without a wash and I'll feel OK. After that, I have to remove sebum/oil buildup. I use SLS-free shampoo or a shampoo bar and wash as normal.

Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

I rinse the henna out with a SMT. I then shampoo about a week later, which is how often I wash.