Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Beets?

Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Beets?

Did you try it with the carrot as in the recipe from auntie google? Maybe that's the secret to it?

The Pusuit Of Hippieness Natalia's Avatar
    Length
    L-BSL/CLSC/Mid-T
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by earthymamawitch View Post
    LOL I meant fresh beets vs powdered beet root, which I see at several online health shops. At any rate the powder would probably be a bit easier to prepare, just wondering if it would give as strong of a stain.

Jenn
    I would think beet juice powder since you can concentrate it. You cant take the water out of fresh beet juice without alot of time in the dehydtrator and then all youve done is make your own powder. So less water = more pigment at least in theory lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade View Post
    I remember Iris trying this, I think, to get her henna more reddish. Didn't work.

It has something to do with a difference in cotton fiber versus human hair, but it stains one well, the other not so much.
    You think it would help if you did something to lift the cuticle first like poo bar - acid/conditioner? I had better luck with tea staining when i shampooed, misted it on, waited, then get back in to wet and condition. I figure if my SIL did it with developer which is basically a harsher version of the same priocess right?

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Beet broth on wool yielded sort of a purple-tan.

Length
    12 in/Waist/Term
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

See I must be hungry because all I can think about now is borscht with sour cream... Mmmmm

I love that fuschia color it dyes, though, just gorgeous. There's gotta be some way to make it take!
    Progress Album Tailbone by 2013!

Length
    d.n.a/neck/mo'h.
    Type
    1b/M/i

Red face Re: Beets?

http://www.scribd.com/doc/22075110/N...-or-Light-Hair

I stumbled on this doc recently and it says canned beets with sugar as a fixative give darker color.

Quote Originally Posted by tiare_petal View Post

http://www.scribd.com/doc/22075110/N...-or-Light-Hair

I stumbled on this doc recently and it says canned beets with sugar as a fixative give darker color.
    Thanks, must try this! At least canned beetroots are very cheap and easy to find from local store
    Also I'm very interested in pomegranate hairdye but didn't find anything about it here... yet..

Very tempted to try this one. I'm remembering some people who dye their dogs fur using beet juice for it ��
    Speaking of foods as dye, I'm remembering a cousin using Kool aide on her hair. Scene kid hack!