Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why do people hate castor oil?

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Why do people hate castor oil?

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    Yes, castor beans do contain ricin, but there is no ricin in the oil. Castor oil is entirely safe and is taken orally by many people for constipation.
    I understand that but still don't like the association. It's not a rational hangup.

Quote Originally Posted by ETJ CURLS View Post
    I bought a new conditioner & leave-in the other day and never thought to check the ingredients (rookie mistake ). The conditioner has silicones, jojoba and avocado oil and worked very well for detangling, but the leave-in, upon further inspection, has castor oil in it, which is what I suspect made it feel rather drying on my hair. There was no slip whatsoever.
    The fact castor oil doesnt give slip is actually why i like it, it makes my hair voluminous while still having some kind of sealant in my hair. So if its a detangling type thing your hair needs, than castor oil probably isnt what you would want to use

Learn more. Know less. foreveryours's Avatar
    Length
    ./74"/KNEE+
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    The fact castor oil doesnt give slip is actually why i like it, it makes my hair voluminous while still having some kind of sealant in my hair. So if its a detangling type thing your hair needs, than castor oil probably isnt what you would want to use
    This is so true
    scalp > SL > MBL > TBL > FTL > KNEE > KNEE+

I will eat all your tofu maborosi's Avatar
    Length
    16"/43"/55"
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

I've never really used it much, except for one time when I put it on my scalp because I heard it was good for hair growth. I only did that once, though, because oiling my scalp with straight castor oil was...unpleasant to say the least.