Page 2935 of 4463 FirstFirst ... 193524352835288529252933293429352936293729452985303534353935 ... LastLast
Results 29,341 to 29,350 of 44628

Thread: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Default Re: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

Quote Originally Posted by lithostoic View Post
    Here I come to break the chain of Finns > muahaha
    Ah dang. Probably for the best though, as this is supposed to be a thread for hair thoughts. Finns are pretty hairy, though, at least I am, so maybe it counts, but then again, I'm part Swedish - I don't know which side the hairiness comes from.
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Instagram | Last.fm | Folk band | Acoustic metal duo | My links

My sheddies get everywhere, as I'm sure the do for a lot of you. I often find myself at work with my hair up and I feel the phantom brush of a sheddie. I stop what I'm doing to peer around and try to find the phantom sheddie but see nothing, so I go back to what I was doing.

Then the phantom sheddie strikes again! So I start turning and twisting trying to find it, but still it evades me.... and I return to my work. It strikes again, this time I'm determined to catch that devilish sheddie. I start grasping at thin air, but nothing. I'm starting to get frustrated, that sheddie is out to get me.

Back to work again. The sheddie lays in wait for me to drop my guard. I think it may be gone, maybe I knocked it from it's perch to where it can no longer reach me.

But of course a little while later that phantom brushing is back. I've had enough of this. I'm twisting around grabbing at thin air, I feel like a dog chasing their tail. But success! I catch that phantom menace and pull the devilish sheddie from it's hiding spot.

That is my random hair thought.

Length
    ~bsl/ftip/knee?
    Type
    1b/F/ii/iii

I'm going to see if going (sigh) cone-free will continue to give me more "waves." I had enough build-up yesterday to forego cone conditioner and just LOC'd instead, and my hair dried with (very loose) texture, closer to 1c than 1b. For some reason, using cone-free creams meant for the body instead of the hair give me more slip than cone-free conditioners, so I'll see if using those makes my hair more manageable (gotta love a multi-use product! Lol).
    Fingertip and growing to Knee!
    World's Most Fragile Hair, for the World's Most Fragile Person

surprised her hair's long Corvana's Avatar
    Length
    2"/Hip/Hip
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

Man I'm so thankful for the LHC's little mantra of "if your hair is being weird, clarify and then diagnose" because my hair's been breaking a bit, and I know some of that is because I've been rougher lately but some of it was not.

I hadn't clarified in twice as long as usual (we got a water softener on our showerhead so I haven't needed to do it for my scalp, so I've forgotten to lol), so I fiiiinally did today and wow! All better! Practically immediately

So I think while I can stretch my clarifying washes due to my scalp, I can't cut them directly in half. Perhaps just a quarter less would be a good balance. My hair just can't handle twice as much buildup from my other products!

Maintaining at Hip-BCL for now.
    Lady Corvana, Keeper of Ravens and Crows in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    0.5"/27"/???
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Huh weird, I always thought I'd had BSL hair as a teen, found a pic that shows it was kinda longer than I thought. Now I'm wondering if I'll be satisfied with my goal length, because my hair never felt 'that long' at the time.
    Last trim 20th Jun 2023.
    Buzz-SL[17"]-APL[20"]- BSL[25"]-WL[28"]-HL[31"]-TBL[34"]-CL[38"]
    Buzz 2018- 35"/TBL 2023

Length
    APL/Waist/?
    Type
    1a/1b/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by illicitlizard View Post
    Huh weird, I always thought I'd had BSL hair as a teen, found a pic that shows it was kinda longer than I thought. Now I'm wondering if I'll be satisfied with my goal length, because my hair never felt 'that long' at the time.
    Very pretty!

I was looking for old pictures too, recently. I noticed I had a pretty long hair about 20 years ago, but I didn't think so myself that time. And it had just grown on it's own without obsessing about hair care or anything, too.

APL --- BSL --- MBL --- Waist --- Hip --- TBL --->

Type
    2a/2b/M/iii

Cool Re: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

Quote Originally Posted by Corvana View Post
    Man I'm so thankful for the LHC's little mantra of "if your hair is being weird, clarify and then diagnose" because my hair's been breaking a bit, and I know some of that is because I've been rougher lately but some of it was not.

I hadn't clarified in twice as long as usual (we got a water softener on our showerhead so I haven't needed to do it for my scalp, so I've forgotten to lol), so I fiiiinally did today and wow! All better! Practically immediately

So I think while I can stretch my clarifying washes due to my scalp, I can't cut them directly in half. Perhaps just a quarter less would be a good balance. My hair just can't handle twice as much buildup from my other products!
    It looks like your hair has grown quite fast over the course of a year. Is that normal?, so what's your secret?

Hoping to get to bra strap length, technically it already is but only when all my hair is straightened.
    And I don't like wearing straight hair............

surprised her hair's long Corvana's Avatar
    Length
    2"/Hip/Hip
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Longlegs View Post
    It looks like your hair has grown quite fast over the course of a year. Is that normal?, so what's your secret?
    It's normal for me, so I consider it normal yeah. I grow, on average, just a smidge more than "The Average". So while the average is .5", my average is .6". Of course this shows more in the occasionally growth spurt or stall, and then the actual average the rest of the time. I also have a generally shorter upper torso, so while SL to APL is 6.5", from APL to waist is almost the same. Those photos are from (give or take, as I take photos on the 1st exactly, but don't measure until a week or so later) 19.5" (a touch past collarbone length) to 27", with no trims at all, which is like 7.5".

If I use my averages for growth and adjust for the days the photos were actually taken, then the first was at 19.3" (I subtracted a week of growth), and the second was at 26.6" (I subtracted 18 days of growth). That's 7.3" of growth in a year, which is slightly above average but entirely consistent for my average growth rate. (If you divide that extra 1.3" a year, you'll get something like .108333", which is right about on par with an average growth of .6" a month)

There's no secret, that's just how my body rolls apparently. I've been tracking it now for 21 months! Wow I'm surprised it's been that long . That's how long I've been here! Almost two whole years, goodness.

Perhaps you'll benefit from tracking your own growth? It took me a good year of tracking to calm the heck down about my growth, but it has helped! I actually rarely think about the actual inches, and more just the visual milestones (which are lacking, I feel lol). Hopefully this year will be the year to truly cure me of that as well!

Maintaining at Hip-BCL for now.
    Lady Corvana, Keeper of Ravens and Crows in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    0.5"/27"/???
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Katsura View Post
    Very pretty!

I was looking for old pictures too, recently. I noticed I had a pretty long hair about 20 years ago, but I didn't think so myself that time. And it had just grown on it's own without obsessing about hair care or anything, too.
    Right? Turns out benign neglect really does work. It'd be nice to just leave my hair alone like before and let it grow!
    Last trim 20th Jun 2023.
    Buzz-SL[17"]-APL[20"]- BSL[25"]-WL[28"]-HL[31"]-TBL[34"]-CL[38"]
    Buzz 2018- 35"/TBL 2023

Length
    Pixie/Hip/TB
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by almostghost View Post
    I just cannot get my French braids to look right! They look good until I get about halfway down the back of my head, but I just can't seem to get it to stay tight at the nape! It always ends up all loose and poofy looking I've always really loved the look of braids, but I don't think I'll be comfortable leaving the house with a French braid until I get this figured out. I used to be pretty good at French braiding my hair when it's been long before, so I don't know what my deal is.
    Everyone may not like this fix....I put a scrunchie or flexie at my nape to hold it together. I actually don't mind the look....But it may depend on your length and of course personal preference.
    While we were yet sinners Christ died for us. ~~~ 30" 01/01/18~~~34" 01/01/2019~~~37" 01/01/2020