Page 293 of 303 FirstFirst ... 193243283291292293294295 ... LastLast
Results 2,921 to 2,930 of 3022

Thread: Chin | Shoulder | Collarbone

Length
    Pixie/CBL/MTL
    Type
    3b/3c/M/ii

Default Re: Growing Chin to Shoulder-length? Post here!

Hey! I think I belong here...I have 3b/3c hair that shrinks up. Right now the back is at chin length when dry. I like to measure my hair unstretched, because that's how I exist with it. If I look in the mirror, it's giving "chin-length" even though when it's wet it does touch the top of my shoulders. It won't look shoulder length for a while...except I have a very short neck so it might not be that long.
    Anyway, I'm a new member to the forum and excited to be here!

Length
    buzz/31/long!
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Abacus View Post
    Hey! I think I belong here...I have 3b/3c hair that shrinks up. Right now the back is at chin length when dry. I like to measure my hair unstretched, because that's how I exist with it. If I look in the mirror, it's giving "chin-length" even though when it's wet it does touch the top of my shoulders. It won't look shoulder length for a while...except I have a very short neck so it might not be that long.
    Anyway, I'm a new member to the forum and excited to be here!
    Welcome to the forum - you have gorgeous hair! I envy your perfect spirals

Length
    Pixie/CBL/MTL
    Type
    3b/3c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by DropStitches View Post
    Welcome to the forum - you have gorgeous hair! I envy your perfect spirals
    Thank you for the welcome DropStitches!

I took a second look at my hair length, and I'm realizing that when I pull it down or it's wet I'm more at collar bone length...so I think I've decided that it might be more fulfilling for me to start tracking my stretched length after all, even though I'm still at chin when dry. I'm going to head over to the SL to APL thread! But half of my heart is still here and I'll lurk often

Length
    8"/10"/20"
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii/iii

Hi there, I think I belong here Some of my hair touches my shoulders (specifically in the back) but most of my pesky layers are still chin length D: So I will probably hang out here for now.
    Pixie--- Chin---Shoulder---APL---BSL---???
    "Growing Strong!"

Length
    twa/twa/waist
    Type
    4a/4b/F/ii/iii

Goodness, this was buried deep in the archives. I shaved nearly all my hair off (accidentally on purpose) 21st or 23rd January 21. Well on my way to shoulder - stretched and bottom layers of hair reach just beyond the base of my neck- so will track my progress here. In need of a trim, which I plan on doing within the next few weeks.
    Shave (23.01.2021) Neck Length (23.03.2022)

Length
    8"/10"/20"
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii/iii

Welcome, Lanalavallama! And yes, it's super quiet in this thread haha That's a great progress so far! May I ask what was the "accidentally on purpose" about? xD
    Pixie--- Chin---Shoulder---APL---BSL---???
    "Growing Strong!"

Length
    twa/twa/waist
    Type
    4a/4b/F/ii/iii

Well, I noticed I had some damage and not only on my ends. I wanted to trim, but also cut it a bit shorter so that all the damage would be removed. I was around shoulder/collarbone and wanted a tapered style. Bought the hair cutting machine after a botched scissor trim, a picture of which had a friend howling with laughter. Used the machine, then, and actually didn't fare too badly. Until I tried to tidy the "taper" and forgot to put the guard on. Looked outrageous and hilariously tragic.

I straightened my hair (on rollers) to trim it yesterday. Quite happy with the result. Might post pictures but they are not very good ones.

Yenn your hair looks lovely and I think it will not take you long to reach shoulder. Although, I am not sure how long your shortest layers are.
    Like you, not all my hair will reach shoulders at the same time, but I am not too concerned with that at this point.
    Shave (23.01.2021) Neck Length (23.03.2022)

Length
    10 in/10 in/36 in
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i

I tried to just start fresh after so much aggravation of my hair not growing past the top of my shoulder blades. I figured I needed to just focus on my scalp. I buzzed everything to 1 inch. It's been almost 2 years since then. I've only recently found this community, so I'm still very new in what to try and what to attempt for hair growth. Currently my hair sits right at the top of my shoulders. I've got a little more to go before I'd say I'm at shoulder length. This seems to be the hardest and longest part for my hair growing. Lately, I've been just shampooing at the scalp and conditioning the ends. I'm very prone to split ends. I've been letting it dry before brushing, which will hopefully help. Are there any tips/tricks that you have found that work best for your hair routine with your hair being shorter?

Length
    twa/twa/waist
    Type
    4a/4b/F/ii/iii

Hi adani25 and welcome.

Given our different hairtypes I imagine our styling routines would be very different. I cannot offer much in that regard, I'm afraid. Hopefully one of the other chin-to-shoulder growers will post.

But I can say that I have learnt to leave my hair alone. My strands are also fine and dislike when I am fiddling in my hair too much.

Can you put your hair up to avoid split ends? Sometimes this is caused by hair rubbing against collars, bag straps, getting caught in the frames of glasses, etc.

Length
    Buzz/2 in/6 in

I'm so close to being able to join this thread I can taste it, I can't wait to join you lovely folks soon! Keep up the great work!