Page 279 of 279 FirstFirst ... 179229269277278279
Results 2,781 to 2,788 of 2788

Thread: Entertaining Hair Conversations: Let's share!

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Default Re: Entertaining Hair Conversations: Let's share!

Quote Originally Posted by LongHairFaerie View Post
    I got a compliment today...from my brother!

My hair was down in front of my shoulders, and I was experimenting with using two little claw clips to pull it back from my face. My youngest brother was getting ready to leave for sports practice when he saw me and said "Your hair looks really nice like that, down in front."

At first I was sort of dismissive: "Yeah, sure, it's not practical, though." But then he said "No, really...it looks nice." And I realized that he was actually complimenting me! My brother!

(My brothers tease me a lot because they are my brothers. It's what they do. But they are also super protective of me and overall nice young gentlemen. We love each other, despite butting heads often.)
    This is sweet 😍
    My family is not used to me having long hair because much of my life I had it very short or shaved. The other day I loosened my bun in front of my father and he exclaimed: When are you going to cut your hair? you have it too long
    🍉SHAVED june 2020 ~ MBL ~ goal WLslooowwwwly reaching the waist
    🍉

I don't have many interactions where my hair is commented on, because I never wear it down in public. However, I recently moved and went to a new hairdresser for the first time in a long time, and had my hair bunned while waiting for her to finish up with another customer. When I let it out, she had a slightly stunned reaction, called her colleague over and had some very kind words for me. As I was leaving, I also ended up showing her how I did my stick bun and answering a bunch of questions she had. It was a very heartwarming interaction, because honestly I grew my hair just for myself, and anticipate other people simply finding it weird.

Recently I had a few other small interactions too. One older lady on the bus stopped to compliment my bun, and an onlooker in a running race I took part in shouted "nice braid" as I ran past related to that, a few weeks before I was out for a run and stopped to catch my breath at a bus stop right outside my flat, where some teenage boys decided to heckle me for my ponytail. That was actually the impetus for me starting to braid my hair.

Length
    BSL/WAIST/HIP
    Type
    2c/M/ii

A man in a local shop called out "Hey, Pippi Longstocking!", because of my long braids I always wear.
    I said "Thanks! I loved Pippi Longstocking". Then he said he liked my hair, but I'm not sure he meant it in a positive way when he first called out. I think perhaps he acted more nicely because I had been cheerful and not tried to pick arguments. I mean I am aware it is a bit of an odd hairstyle for a middle-aged woman, but it suits my personality and lifestyle.

Length
    SL/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Recently I've been going to a few pages and taking those quizzes that are supposed to determine the best hair colour for a person .
    So I took one on a L'Oréal page and I chose " henna" and it was the end of it

It's almost like: "Danger, danger! Let's take you to Defcon 2!"
    Den som väntar på något gott väntar aldrig för länge.

Lady Sheala the Conjurer of the Empress Tree in the Order of Long Haired Knights

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Recently I wore a hair sword. My nephew thought that it was cool and wondered if it was sharp. I told him that I wouldn't wear it in my hair if it was. He didn't get it.

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Pixie/CBL/MTL
    Type
    3b/3c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by erebus View Post
    I don't have many interactions where my hair is commented on, because I never wear it down in public. However, I recently moved and went to a new hairdresser for the first time in a long time, and had my hair bunned while waiting for her to finish up with another customer. When I let it out, she had a slightly stunned reaction, called her colleague over and had some very kind words for me. As I was leaving, I also ended up showing her how I did my stick bun and answering a bunch of questions she had. It was a very heartwarming interaction, because honestly I grew my hair just for myself, and anticipate other people simply finding it weird.

Recently I had a few other small interactions too. One older lady on the bus stopped to compliment my bun, and an onlooker in a running race I took part in shouted "nice braid" as I ran past related to that, a few weeks before I was out for a run and stopped to catch my breath at a bus stop right outside my flat, where some teenage boys decided to heckle me for my ponytail. That was actually the impetus for me starting to braid my hair.
    Erebus, how long is your hair now? I'm trying to picture what it was like when you took it down at the hair dressers Sounds like a really cute interaction. What did you have done at the salon?
    TWA -- shoulder -- collarbone -- armpit -- mid back -- waist -- hip -- tailbone -- classic -- mid thigh -- knee

Length
    Chin/MBL/Term
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

A few days ago I was cuddling with my partner while he gently fingercombed my hair and as he reached the ends he just said kinda wonderingly "wow...it's so long!"

Length
    Pixie/CBL/MTL
    Type
    3b/3c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Greengable View Post
    This is sweet ��
    My family is not used to me having long hair because much of my life I had it very short or shaved. The other day I loosened my bun in front of my father and he exclaimed: When are you going to cut your hair? you have it too long
    Greengable, my family (including my partner) is also not used to me having long hair. Sometimes I get tired of them asking me when I'll cut it. It actually got under my skin at one point and I DID end up cutting it, but I regretted it later. I think it's because they can't see the vision of what it will look like when it's super long. It's going to look phenomenal.
    TWA -- shoulder -- collarbone -- armpit -- mid back -- waist -- hip -- tailbone -- classic -- mid thigh -- knee