Page 260 of 262 FirstFirst ... 160210250258259260261262 LastLast
Results 2,591 to 2,600 of 2616

Thread: The Cassia Thread (see first post for link to FAQs)

Lullaby of Obliteration
    Length
    Buzz/Buzz/Chin

Default Re: The Cassia Thread (see first post for link to FAQs)

My kilo of cassia arrived in separate 100 gram packets which is actually pretty convenient! I do weekly treatments with it

Type
    1c/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    My kilo of cassia arrived in separate 100 gram packets which is actually pretty convenient! I do weekly treatments with it
    My kilo has also arrived in a cardboard box with 10 separate packets in. I only use 33 grams + 7 grams of indian herbs per treatment. I did one today (I mixed also 1 Tbsp of ground flaxseed in), and here is the picture. On the left, thatīs a 2-month old picture of when I called hip, hair is air-dried in natural state. On the right, thatīs picture from today, air-dried, after 2 cassia treatments (done 3 weeks apart). I apologize for the low quality of the pictures, also the light is unfortunately different - there was sun when I took the left picture and today it is cloudy - so the actual color difference from cassia canīt really be seen... but I swear, it is there my hair is more golden, really.

Last edited by Nefcerka; August 30th, 2023 at 07:12 AM. Reason: photo edit

Lullaby of Obliteration
    Length
    Buzz/Buzz/Chin

Looks like the thickness is slowly going down too, I don't let my cassia dye release I mix it put it on and ash it off within 30 minutes

I've thrown out my fenugreek I believe it was causing headaches and sucking moisture out, I'm going to try cassia and aloevera tonight as a test just in case cassia is acute the one causing headaches, I know it isn't aloe because I have no issue with aloe products
    Last edited by Bat; August 31st, 2023 at 02:09 AM.

Type
    1c/F/i/ii

Looks like the thickness is slowly going down too, I don't let my cassia dye release I mix it put it on and ash it off within 30 minutes

I've thrown out my fenugreek I believe it was causing headaches and sucking moisture out, I'm going to try cassia and aloevera tonight as a test just in case cassia is acute the one causing headaches, I know it isn't aloe because I have no issue with aloe products
    Thanks, Bat. I donīt think cassia would color your hair at all, since itīs darker currently, no? Even if you leave it on longer, only conditioning effects should work their magic. I hope itīs not cassia which causes your problems.

Lullaby of Obliteration
    Length
    Buzz/Buzz/Chin

Quote Originally Posted by Nefcerka View Post
    Thanks, Bat. I donīt think cassia would color your hair at all, since itīs darker currently, no? Even if you leave it on longer, only conditioning effects should work their magic. I hope itīs not cassia which causes your problems.
    I do have regrowth and alot of greys so they can be colored I do feel a bit off color but I think I'm getting sick but it doesn't have that weird soft but dry feeling it got with Fenugreek but it was harder to apply without it

Type
    1c/F/i/ii

I do have regrowth and alot of greys so they can be colored I do feel a bit off color but I think I'm getting sick but it doesn't have that weird soft but dry feeling it got with Fenugreek but it was harder to apply without it
    Okay, I understand why you donīt want the color. But Iīve seen some silver and white-haired people here do a cassia treatment and it did not make any color difference to their hair. I wonder why that is (since one day soon I will have those grays too) - if cassia is so weak or if they leave in on for a short time. If you tossed fenugreek, maybe you could try mixing cassia with a bit of ground flaxseed, like me? I read it is a great humectant (hydrating) and it makes the mixture really stick together and itīs easier to apply (for me at least) because it does not run down.

Lullaby of Obliteration
    Length
    Buzz/Buzz/Chin

Okay, I understand why you donīt want the color. But Iīve seen some silver and white-haired people here do a cassia treatment and it did not make any color difference to their hair. I wonder why that is (since one day soon I will have those grays too) - if cassia is so weak or if they leave in on for a short time. If you tossed fenugreek, maybe you could try mixing cassia with a bit of ground flaxseed, like me? I read it is a great humectant (hydrating) and it makes the mixture really stick together and itīs easier to apply (for me at least) because it does not run down.
    I was supposed to do a two step today but accidentally used cassia and I got a slight headache I'm really starting to think cassia and I don't like each other so I'm thinking of selling my stash

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

If you let it on the hair a short period of time and don't do it frecuently it doesn't give golden.
    🍉SHAVED june 2020 ~ MBL ~ goal WLslooowwwwly reaching the waist
    🍉

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Cassia dries a little, you can add a tablespoon of coconut oil, but maybe you are allergic?
    🍉SHAVED june 2020 ~ MBL ~ goal WLslooowwwwly reaching the waist
    🍉

Type
    1c/F/i/ii

I was supposed to do a two step today but accidentally used cassia and I got a slight headache I'm really starting to think cassia and I don't like each other so I'm thinking of selling my stash
    Iīm sorry to hear that. Do you think you had a good quality cassia from a reputable seller? Sometimes they *might* mix something else in, which you are unaware of - some other, cheaper herb (which you might be allergic to), or, as Iīve heard - green sand (gasp!). I had a lower quality cassia years ago, which gave me a green tint I could not get rid of - I donīt think it was only cassia, but something else mixed in as well.